• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Bird Match, Falcons @ Eagles 8:15PM EST, Week 2 MNF

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Eagles lost that game. Just run the ball on 3rd and 3, make the Falcons use their last timeout, and if you wind up with 4th and 2 or less, run it again.
Falcons were already out of TOs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually dont have a problem with the play call.
That is a 1st down 98 out of 100 times & that ends the game. I will take those odds all day long.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll call that overreaction
That’s cause you guys are Fan Bois and you don’t understand what you’re watching. I know that the Eagles issues are issues that don’t get “fixed” during the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is overreacting to a sloppy night.i hate the eagles,but they,ll be fine.
No, it’s a Boomer echo chamber now with you feeling the need to retype what 3 other posters just said.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And the Falcons should be pretty good this year. I had them pegged to win (or at least be in it until the end) the division. People love to hate on Cousins but he does make plays.... and the Falcons have a good receiver core, a top 3 RB, a decent OL. Their defense could use some more work but it's not awful...

The Eagles losing and right at the end is not a reason to start calling them a 9-8 team lol. Dallas looks horrible and the Commanders/Giants are unlikely to do anything.
Falcons are the third best team in the division. They also have no pass rush. Tampa and New Orleans (barring injury) are better teams and will finish ahead of them.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s dumb to say that calling a pass on 3rd down was a bad call - the Eagles had been running it well and if they had called a run they could’ve taken 40 more seconds off the clock. It just didn’t make sense to throw it there.
It’s also early to act like the season is over for the Eagles - yes they have some issues, the pasa rush is a major concern, but we are just 2 weeks into the season. There‘s a very long way to go.

Falcons are the third best team in the division. They also have no pass rush. Tampa and New Orleans (barring injury) are better teams and will finish ahead of them.
I know I’m biased but I strongly disagree - the Falcons are the most complete team in the NFC South IMO, yes the Bucs and Saints have been very impressive so far but again we are just 2 weeks into the season. We have a solid and complete roster, to say we have no pass rush is a massive overstatement, we didn’t get much of a pass rush going last night but the Eagles O-Line is very good and Hurts is very mobile, our pass rush will be decent IMO. We are more complete than the Bucs and Saints IMO - the Bucs don’t have much of a rushing game and their secondary is very shaky, and the Saints have a questionable O-Line and some depth issues in a couple of places. I think our chances to win the NFC South are good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it’s dumb to say that calling a pass on 3rd down was a bad call - the Eagles had been running it well and if they had called a run they could’ve taken 40 more seconds off the clock. It just didn’t make sense to throw it there.
It’s also early to act like the season is over for the Eagles - yes they have some issues, the pasa rush is a major concern, but we are just 2 weeks into the season. There‘s a very long way to go.

I know I’m biased but I strongly disagree - the Falcons are the most complete team in the NFC South IMO, yes the Bucs and Saints have been very impressive so far but again we are just 2 weeks into the season. We have a solid and complete roster, to say we have no pass rush is a massive overstatement, we didn’t get much of a pass rush going last night but the Eagles O-Line is very good and Hurts is very mobile, our pass rush will be decent IMO. We are more complete than the Bucs and Saints IMO - the Bucs don’t have much of a rushing game and their secondary is very shaky, and the Saints have a questionable O-Line and some depth issues in a couple of places. I think our chances to win the NFC South are good.
I think you are biased. You have black hole at QB and the playmakers you think you have outside aren’t it. Drake London is a slow WR. Kyle Pitts isn’t that good. The best playmakers the Falcons had last night were Mooney and Ray Ray McCloud (Bijon is great I’m talking receivers) and their plays were a direct result of having a ton of time to throw. Your defense is a bunch of names. They haven’t gotten to the QB in two games. Both Tampa and New Orleans look much better than advertised.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Wasn't the big gripe with Kellen Moore in Dallas his insistence on throwing on 3rd and shorts and abandoning the run for no reason?

Maybe I'm wrong but yowza what a choke job by the defense regardless of the call to not run for some reason.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Wasn't the big gripe with Kellen Moore in Dallas his insistence on throwing on 3rd and shorts and abandoning the run for no reason?

Maybe I'm wrong but yowza what a choke job by the defense regardless of the call to not run for some reason.
That was the 4th game in the last two seasons (and this season is only 2 games old so I have more to look forward to haha) the Eagles have lead at the 2 minute warning and lost. It didn’t matter how much time was left or what the opponent needed (FG or TD) the Eagles defense would have given it up. The Eagles DE position going back to last season doesn’t even have half a sack in the last 8 games. That’s zero sacks from that position group in 8 NFL games! Horrible. Whatever the Falcons needed they were getting it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh I dunno man. Certainly looking the case now but Atlanta is still not a terrible team. New Orleans frankly came out of nowhere... I didn't expect this at all and I think it's fair to say most didn't. Tampa was a bit of a darkhorse as well.

Not sure if you're Captain hindsighting ESPN power ranking this or if you predicted this before the season, because I sure as hell had Atlanta leading the race for the division, despite their otherwise horrible draft.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real “loss” is the realization of what they are. They have the worst combination of issues in the NFL. 1) Non-existent pass rush 2) QB that can’t work through progressions and make plays from the pocket.

I was saying 9-8 on this board this off season. Not happy I’m right. Good to know early in the season this team isn’t worth the investment. I’ll watch but …this shit ain’t it haha.
8 or 9 wins sounds about right. Maybe 7 if AJ's hammy lingers all season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And the Falcons should be pretty good this year. I had them pegged to win (or at least be in it until the end) the division. People love to hate on Cousins but he does make plays.... and the Falcons have a good receiver core, a top 3 RB, a decent OL. Their defense could use some more work but it's not awful...

The Eagles losing and right at the end is not a reason to start calling them a 9-8 team lol. Dallas looks horrible and the Commanders/Giants are unlikely to do anything.
Eagles picked up right where they left off last season. Poor coaching decision, not executing plays at critical times, blowing late game leads and a defense that has gotten far worse than last years shitty defense. He's right about the team possibly being a 9 win team.