• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can or should all agree that a team shouldn't leave the decision of the game in the officials hands. One call or one play should not determine the outcome of the outcome of the game.
However, there is a huge difference on a call or no call that ends the game verse calls/non-calls tgat happen in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd qtr.

Oh that makes a lot of sense... like when there was the PI call on Chancellor on a PERFECTLY defended ball that resulted in Green Bays only TD earlier in the game and eventually the only reason the 'fail mary' happened?

Right... But those 4th quarter calls though! The only difference is a bunch of douchenozzle announcers and fans reacting and forgetting about all the other calls in the game, or in this case Sherman getting punched in the head at the LOS.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a catch, lol

I actually couldn't believe they were looking at Beasley's TD catch, trying to hang a Dez on him.

At least 3 steps after possession, a final lunge/dive over the plane of the goal line, ball put down on ground and then lost....

Not really a lot different than Dez's CATCH but they allowed it to stand.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If refs are letting the players play and keeping the flags in their pocket on obvious penalties for 59 minutes, then it's only fair to call the final minute like that too.
Agree but not every penalty is going to get called. So for the most part the officials don't flag every play. However, IF the officials saw this particular flagrant PI and chose not to call it then there is an issue. It's potentially a game changer.

Now I'm not a proponent of the spot foul for PI. I think it's a game changer especially considering how subjective it is. As well as how many offensive divas get the call for incidental contact.

The point being a call/no call on the final play doesn't give the losing team any chance of coming back unlike earlier in the game.

Maybe all controversial final plays should be reviewed. The NFL tells us they want to get it right. Then do it or stop with the integrity of the shield bs. They review everything else now a days, they flag players for shooting a free throw, or talking...

Bottom line it sucks to lose that way when there is a potential fix for it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that makes a lot of sense... like when there was the PI call on Chancellor on a PERFECTLY defended ball that resulted in Green Bays only TD earlier in the game and eventually the only reason the 'fail mary' happened?

Right... But those 4th quarter calls though! The only difference is a bunch of douchenozzle announcers and fans reacting and forgetting about all the other calls in the game, or in this case Sherman getting punched in the head at the LOS.
Easy Shark watch your blood pressure. Sherman was PUNCHED in the head now:doh:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if they'd stop with the TD, convert, commercials, kick-off, commercials, finally back to action bullshit....
I can agree with most of your suggestions, but we will never get rid of commerials.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Shark watch your blood pressure. Sherman was PUNCHED in the head now:doh:

NWPATSFAN I'm not sure what your problem is, but why are you overwhelmingly taking the Falcons side on this? As I stated numerous times on various threads (including this one) it WAS pass interference on Sherman. BUT Sherman was clearly batted in the head which should've been a penalty as well. And that bat in the head clearly caused Sherman to lose a step and be out of place so it's not a petty issue. Had Sherman not been ILLEGALLY hit in the head that throw might've never even been there or picked off. Not sure I follow your logic.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but not every penalty is going to get called. So for the most part the officials don't flag every play. However, IF the officials saw this particular flagrant PI and chose not to call it then there is an issue. It's potentially a game changer.

Now I'm not a proponent of the spot foul for PI. I think it's a game changer especially considering how subjective it is. As well as how many offensive divas get the call for incidental contact.

The point being a call/no call on the final play doesn't give the losing team any chance of coming back unlike earlier in the game.

Maybe all controversial final plays should be reviewed. The NFL tells us they want to get it right. Then do it or stop with the integrity of the shield bs. They review everything else now a days, they flag players for shooting a free throw, or talking...

Bottom line it sucks to lose that way when there is a potential fix for it.

By the refs didn't see it.

You start to review any "game deciding play" just because of the game situation and your on a slippery slope. Would you prefer them only review what happened between Jones Sherman, or are you going to review what every single player on both teams did on that play?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPATSFAN I'm not sure what your problem is, but why are you overwhelmingly taking the Falcons side on this? As I stated numerous times on various threads (including this one) it WAS pass interference on Sherman. BUT Sherman was clearly batted in the head which should've been a penalty as well. Not sure I follow your logic.

He was rooting for the Falcons yesterday.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with most of your suggestions, but we will never get rid of commerials.

No doubt, but they are a huge part of why the games are so long.

And one other thing that bugs my ass, the ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Between that, network logos and other similar things, you lose a good chunk of picture.

I've had it where they are showing a replay of a foot OB, or the ball crossing the plane down low and you can't even see the thing they are trying to show you because of the fucking ticker updating you on Det-Jax at the bottom. Like anybody cares about Det-Jax....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the refs didn't see it.

You start to review any "game deciding play" just because of the game situation and your on a slippery slope. Would you prefer them only review what happened between Jones Sherman, or are you going to review what every single player on both teams did on that play?
Nope just last minute deciding plays. They look at everything else so why not? Just because a ref is out of position or reluctant to make a game deciding call doesn't give them a pass.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope just last minute deciding plays. They look at everything else so why not? Just because a ref is out of position or reluctant to make a game deciding call doesn't give them a pass.

So, are they going to closely review what every single player on both teams did on that play?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they on every play they review?

What are you talking about? They don't review plays for penalties. They review questionable progression or scoring plays.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? They don't review plays for penalties. They review questionable progression or scoring plays.

I'd be OK with a coach asking for a challenge.

And I'd also be OK with them getting say 3 to start with (or 2) and allowing them to keep challenging until they are wrong after that, sort of like when they get their 2 correct they get a 3rd?

Hell, in rugby they will allow a play to continue and at a stoppage, go back to review and if need be, wipe out everything that happened since the play in question, penalty of not.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'd also be OK with them getting say 3 to start with (or 2) and allowing them to keep challenging until they are wrong after that, sort of like when they get their 2 correct they get a 3rd?

Hell, in rugby they will allow a play to continue and at a stoppage, go back to review and if need be, wipe out everything that happened since the play in question, penalty of not.
Fine. But if you grant a coach a red flag for a penalty, then the opposing coach should be allowed to throw a red flag to take a look at what every player on the opposing side did on the play in case there's an offsetting penalty.

And in this case, there would have been one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think inside 2 mins...the ability to challenge PI call or non call would be okay, but I wouldn't expect many reversals.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. But if you grant a coach a red flag for a penalty, then the opposing coach should be allowed to throw a red flag to take a look at what every player on the opposing side did on the play in case there's an offsetting penalty.

And in this case, there would have been one.

I think it would have to be a specific instance, not a fishing expedition. And only on the one called.