• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everybody that cares saw...the refs blew the PI call, but that's not why ATL lost the game. Shanahan got a little conservative, Ryan had a clear 1st down in front of him if he ran but he chose to pass, the pass off Julio's hands that was picked. One play rarely ever decides a game, but if you saw the play and don't think it was PI, it's really because you didn't want to see it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in your opinion it was a PI, but many other fans will disagree with you. PI is a judgement call by the refs and they thought no call was necessary. We have to move on.

Nah. Sherman himself does not disagree, but it is time to move on.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hands cannot be thrust forward above the frame to contact an opponent on the neck, face or head."

I see stiff arms all the time that completely break this rule.

With that said.....it was an obvious pass interference call that should have been made. I am sure they missed calls throughout the game but that was too big a call to miss. Players get away with a lot. The Skins got away wtih a lot of holding vs the Eagles. The Eagles got away with some to. One comes to mind was a defense call on Jenkins that did not get called on a 3rd down play.

Overall across the NFL the officiating has been horrible this year.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I was pretty shocked (and happy) they never flagged that play. But I think I know why refs are reluctant to throw PI calls on plays like that. I don't believe the refs want to be "used" by coaches to win games. On a last gasp play late in any game QB's and Coaches will throw a deep ball hoping for a catch, but also in their mind is if they don't make the catch they hope to get the PI call to get another play and another shot at winning. I think refs are aware of this tactic and don't want to be used, so they won't throw a flag unless it is so incredibly obvious it was a PI that it can't be ignored.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I was pretty shocked (and happy) they never flagged that play. But I think I know why refs are reluctant to throw PI calls on plays like that. I don't believe the refs want to be "used" by coaches to win games. On a last gasp play late in any game QB's and Coaches will throw a deep ball hoping for a catch, but also in their mind is if they don't make the catch they hope to get the PI call to get another play and another shot at winning. I think refs are aware of this tactic and don't want to be used, so they won't throw a flag unless it is so incredibly obvious it was a PI that it can't be ignored.

The flag wasn't thrown because it was out of view of the refs. Thomas was blocking the sideline from viewing it, and Sherman's back was to the ref behind him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flag wasn't thrown because it was out of view of the refs. Thomas was blocking the sideline from viewing it, and Sherman's back was to the ref behind him.

I also thought they may have let it go because Sherman was looking at the ball the whole way, just like Julio, and they both had a chance to make a play for it. Julio had better position, but it wasn't like Sherman had his back to the play. He got his head around just like he usually does, and that is part of the reason he gets flagged less than people think he should.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought they may have let it go because Sherman was looking at the ball the whole way, just like Julio, and they both had a chance to make a play for it. Julio had better position, but it wasn't like Sherman had his back to the play. He got his head around just like he usually does, and that is part of the reason he gets flagged less than people think he should.

I just don't think they saw it. Head turned or not, you can't turn a receiver like that. The refs just have to go with what they see, and unlike fans, they don't have the benefit of close ups and slow mo. And I can understand how they missed it considering where the refs were and how Sherman, Thomas and Jones were positioned on the play.

Sherman talked about this last week. Players know that if your back is turned to the refs,they likely won't see or call penalties. Offensive players use this to their advantage all the time because of where the refs are positioned, especially o linemen. Like you said, Sherman's head is always turned when the ball is in the air, because he plays the ball like a receiver. People don't like it, fuck 'em.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everybody that cares saw...the refs blew the PI call, but that's not why ATL lost the game. Shanahan got a little conservative, Ryan had a clear 1st down in front of him if he ran but he chose to pass, the pass off Julio's hands that was picked. One play rarely ever decides a game, but if you saw the play and don't think it was PI, it's really because you didn't want to see it.
I watched the whole game and I saw "many" plays that could have drawn a flag. I saw the Seahawk's Kearse get dragged down while going for a pass.There were multiple holding penalties on both teams, that were not called. I could dissect "every" play of this game and see quite a few penalties on both sides, that were not called.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think they saw it. Head turned or not, you can't turn a receiver like that. The refs just have to go with what they see, and unlike fans, they don't have the benefit of close ups and slow mo. And I can understand how they missed it considering where the refs were and how Sherman, Thomas and Jones were positioned on the play.

Sherman talked about this last week. Players know that if your back is turned to the refs,they likely won't see or call penalties. Offensive players use this to their advantage all the time because of where the refs are positioned, especially o linemen. Like you said, Sherman's head is always turned when the ball is in the air, because he plays the ball like a receiver. People don't like it, fuck 'em.
Good point and every good player in the NFL plays that way. PI is a judgement call, hell if anyone saw the "whole" game they would have saw multiply PI and holding penalties on both sides that were not called.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. It wasn't hands to the face. :noidea:

Don't play that card. You won the game. EVERYONE knows it was a missed PI call. What you are talking about was hand checking at the LOS. But it was one play. Falcons shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

Hate to see a game decided by the refs with an obvious blown PI call. Falcons got hosed and the Seahawks once again get help.

The writing was on the wall before the game even started. Sherman's pussy ass was bitching about the refs before the game. I knew he was going to get away with murder due to the bitching just like the little bitch coach does. Sherman is the MVP of the NFL in getting away with holding always has and always will be.

Alot of missed calls ala the chop block on Bennett

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we could say the same if the Falcons won:

-PI on kearse(no one seems to be talking about)
- A CLEAR AS DAY Chop block on bennett

Don't try to be too logical. They only care about that one single no call, nothing else had any impact on the game as far as they're concerned.