• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole game and I saw "many" plays that could have drawn a flag. I saw the Seahawk's Kearse get dragged down while going for a pass.There were multiple holding penalties on both teams, that were not called. I could dissect "every" play of this game and see quite a few penalties on both sides, that were not called.

I was at a party (2 DAL fans, a GB fan, and about 4 ATL fans) watched the entire game as well and agree there were several plays where penalties could be called on both sides and they were not...that happens in every game especially in the trenches.

There was a play at the goal line Alford (23) on Baldwin (89)...Alford was turned looking at the ball, made a play on the ball, but he did grab the WR before the ball got there...flag thrown...it was a penalty, the flag should have been thrown.

The play on Julio by Sherman...both were clear cut PI. The official was in position to make the call on both plays, but in that case, no flag....we all saw it the same way.

I've heard it said PI is a judgement call, but it's far more simple...did the defender grab the player before the ball got there...yes or no.

Point here is some players get the benefit of doubt, other players don't. IMO the pro bowler Sherman got the benefit of doubt...the up and coming Alford, did not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we could say the same if the Falcons won:

-PI on kearse(no one seems to be talking about)
- A CLEAR AS DAY Chop block on bennett

Get it right....Cut blocks are still legal.

Matthews cut blocked Bennett...there was no chop block on that play. No flag should have been thrown.

A chop block has 2 OFC players engaged with 1 defender...in that case neither OFC player can block below the waist.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a party (2 DAL fans, a GB fan, and about 4 ATL fans) watched the entire game as well and agree there were several plays where penalties could be called on both sides and they were not...that happens in every game especially in the trenches.

There was a play at the goal line Alford (23) on Baldwin (89)...Alford was turned looking at the ball, made a play on the ball, but he did grab the WR before the ball got there...flag thrown...it was a penalty, the flag should have been thrown.

The play on Julio by Sherman...both were clear cut PI. The official was in position to make the call on both plays, but in that case, no flag....we all saw it the same way.

I've heard it said PI is a judgement call, but it's far more simple...did the defender grab the player before the ball got there...yes or no.

Point here is some players get the benefit of doubt, other players don't. IMO the pro bowler Sherman got the benefit of doubt...the up and coming Alford, did not.
Fair enough. Yes "all" pro bowlers get the benefit of the doubt on most calls.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ref was not in position to make that call. If they were it would have been a flag. Thomas was blocking the view of the sidejudge, and the other ref was behind the gaggle of players. Sherman is just better than Alford, and part of that is knowing how to position himself like an offensive player to get away with a penalty. No conspiracy, no home call, they just didn't see it. Even the announcers, they weren't sure what happened until they slowed it down and zoomed in. Refs don't have that benefit.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it right....Cut blocks are still legal.

Matthews cut blocked Bennett...there was no chop block on that play. No flag should have been thrown.

A chop block has 2 OFC players engaged with 1 defender...in that case neither OFC player can block below the waist.
You are right cut blocks are allowed at the line of scrimmage.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one of those games where I dislike both teams.

But I picked Seattle to win so I'm OK with it....

How 'bout dem Cowboys!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref was not in position to make that call. If they were it would have been a flag. Thomas was blocking the view of the sidejudge, and the other ref was behind the gaggle of players. Sherman is just better than Alford, and part of that is knowing how to position himself like an offensive player to get away with a penalty. No conspiracy, no home call, they just didn't see it. Even the announcers, they weren't sure what happened until they slowed it down and zoomed in. Refs don't have that benefit.

We all (people I watched the game with) thought the ref was in position to make the call...he actually grabbed him on the way up and prevent him from going up with both arms. Could it be possible that we all were wrong? Yes.

Sherman is better than Alford, no question, but don't give him that much credit man...he was trying to make a play. He knows he got away with one there and basically confirmed it postgame..

FWIW I'm not one of these people crying conspiracy, home town call, etc....heck, I don't even think that play decided the game, but debating whether they didn't see or didn't call it, I'm going to say they didn't call it.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Atlanta use their last timeout?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all (people I watched the game with) thought the ref was in position to make the call...he actually grabbed him on the way up and prevent him from going up with both arms. Could it be possible that we all were wrong? Yes.

Sherman is better than Alford, no question, but don't give him that much credit man...he was trying to make a play. He knows he got away with one there and basically confirmed it postgame..

FWIW I'm not one of these people crying conspiracy, home town call, etc....heck, I don't even think that play decided the game, but debating whether they didn't see or didn't call it, I'm going to say they didn't call it.

It's a blatant foul, from an overhead view. But at eye level, from 20 yards away, with players backs to you and other players in the way, I just don't think they saw it.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe games should be officiated from a press box, with officials using slow motion HD cameras, and have sufficient times between plays to review the last play from every possible angle.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point an the NFL plays that way. PI is a judgement call, hell if anyone saw the "whole" game they would have saw multiply PI and holding penalties on both sides that were not called.
It was one of those games where I dislike both teams.

But I picked Seattle to win so I'm OK with it....

How 'bout dem Cowboys!!
It wasn't a catch, lol

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe games should be officiated from a press box, with officials using slow motion HD cameras, and have sufficient times between plays to review the last play from every possible angle.....

Maybe let fans officiate the games through Twitter

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a blatant foul, from an overhead view. But at eye level, from 20 yards away, with players backs to you and other players in the way, I just don't think they saw it.
Dan Quinn saw it?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you okay with a NFL game lasting 4/5 hours?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn saw it?

He was looking downfield at the front of the play. TWo refs were in charge of that particular part of the field, and both were behind the play, and one of them had another player (Thomas) blocking his view.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can or should all agree that a team shouldn't leave the decision of the game in the officials hands. One call or one play should not determine the outcome of the outcome of the game.
However, there is a huge difference on a call or no call that ends the game verse calls/non-calls tgat happen in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd qtr.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can or should all agree that a team shouldn't leave the decision of the game in the officials hands. One call or one play should not determine the outcome of the outcome of the game.
However, there is a huge difference on a call or no call that ends the game verse calls/non-calls tgat happen in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd qtr.

No. If refs are letting the players play and keeping the flags in their pocket on obvious penalties for 59 minutes, then it's only fair to call the final minute like that too.