• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wierd 5 emos on this post. All are hawk fans. Not one fan from any other team.
LOL, and you have more posts on this page than any fan of a team not mentioned in the OP.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got lit up by Julio as most do BUT that last play was smart. He's been around long enough to know the refs aren't making that call on him in Seattle

RS wasn't just beat, he was in the wrong defense on both TD passes then had the nerve to rant at the safety to fool viewers into thinking it was the poor guy's fault.
The guy is a phony overrated blow hard.
Put him in a defense where he had to go where the top WR goes and he'd be exposed a lot more.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richard Sherman is going to be considered Seattle's "weak link" this season I'll gladly take that. There were 2 badly blown assignments yesterday but in the end it's a W in the left column. Please tell all your NFL QB friends that Sherman is the weakness and can be exploited. That will be fun to watch.

Sherman is a system DB who would get exposed on a regular basis in many defenses.
He also benefits by self promotion ( which he admits) what that says about the average fan I'll leave for others to think over.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RS wasn't just beat, he was in the wrong defense on both TD passes then had the nerve to rant at the safety to fool viewers into thinking it was the poor guy's fault.
Put him in a defense where he had to go where the top WR goes and he'd be exposed a lot more.

You should sit on a block of ice for a few hours. Might help with the butt hurt.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman is a system DB who would get exposed on a regular basis in many defenses.
He also benefits by self promotion ( which he admits) what that says about the average fan I'll leave for others to think over.
You don't know much about football do you? :L

RS was going off on the DC, not the safety. And he did so because once again they failed to get a defensive play changed at the line out to the edge via hand signals and it left Jones open with no coverage. That's a fact.

And he has shadowed guys before without problem. They don't let him do it often, but he BEGS to do so every time there's a big time receiver going up against them. He has no ability to override their philosophy. We do know it has nothing to do with his ability to do so. He has dominated when allowed to do it. That's another fact.

Why is this thread even still alive? Seattle won the game and deserved to do so. A PI was missed, and so was hands to the face and other potential calls going both ways. That's the NFL. It happens nearly every week to someone. Play 4 quarters next time. Don't turn the ball over twice on the road next time. Have your defense protect a lead on the road late in a game next time. Boo hoo a little more over it, but either way it's a W so deal with it.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not able to see this game but heard about the bad calls? Was this punch to the face penalized at all?

Earl Thomas tackled a Falcons player by punching him in the face

screen-shot-2016-10-19-at-5-29-42-pm-copy.jpg

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not able to see this game but heard about the bad calls? Was this punch to the face penalized at all?
Nope. The refs also missed Sherman's blatant face to the hands of Julio Jones at the LOS on that 4th & 10 play.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The refs also missed Sherman's blatant face to the hands of Julio Jones at the LOS on that 4th & 10 play.
The refs missed several calls on both teams during the "whole" game, between the Seahawks and the Falcons.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't this be said about any game?
Yes that was my point. Quite a few fans on here are complaining about a PI non-call, that happened late in the game, but yet the refs missed several calls earlier in the game.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was my point. Quite a few fans on here are complaining about a PI non-call, that happened late in the game, but yet the refs missed several calls earlier in the game.

Obviously there are penalties missed in every game. The reason this one is so focused on is...

1) Late in the game. When things are close every little thing is scrutinized in those moments including the officiating.

2) Who was involved. This is talked about so much more because Sherman and Julio were the two main players involved.

3) Easier to see in those late moments how much these type of penalties could effect the outcome of the game. A missed holding call in the 1st quarter is much more difficult to draw any conclusions from but a late PI call that would put the team in prime position to go win the game definitely stands out.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there are penalties missed in every game. The reason this one is so focused on is...

1) Late in the game. When things are close every little thing is scrutinized in those moments including the officiating.

2) Who was involved. This is talked about so much more because Sherman and Julio were the two main players involved.

3) Easier to see in those late moments how much these type of penalties could effect the outcome of the game. A missed holding call in the 1st quarter is much more difficult to draw any conclusions from but a late PI call that would put the team in prime position to go win the game definitely stands out.
Good comment, but the refs need to realize that a penalty is just as important in the first minute of the game, as it is in the last minute of a game.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comment, but the refs heed to realize that a penalty is just as important in the first minute of the game, as it is in the last first or send minute of a game.

Oh I agree. This is why if we want the human element taken out of the game where these refs are required to make such huge decisions that can decide some of these close games then to me these type of moments should be reviewable. I know people worry about it slowing down the game and such but to me I would rather they get these moments right and it take 15 extra seconds than to be sitting here on a Thursday still talking about a very obvious missed call.