• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he had Shaq for 3 of those, arguably the most dominant big man ever. Lebron did had Wade for 2, but lets not act like Kobe had help too. You comparing it is pretty pathetic bc Lebron didn't have much help in almost every Finals appearance. His 2 Finals with the Cavs and on the Heat vs the Spurs. His bad Finals against Mavs is his only downfall. Keep trying trolly

And Shaq had Kobe for his first 3 too. Without either of those guys the Lakers don't win titles.

Kobe didn't have to hop from team to team and get his friends to join him to win rings though. The ONLY season where lebron didn't have help was his first trip to the finals. So don't try to pretend poor little lebron had to do it all by himself.

Fact is fact: Assuming the cavs make it to the finals this year, both players will have played in 7 finals by the age of 31. And at the end of the day 5 > 2

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and me both...everyone..like i said- hopefully unlike last year the heat dont choke.

How could you call it a choke job?
It's not like you were predicting them to be any good or close to being in the ECF.
I think your Bucks , Bulls and Wizards were the chokers this season.
I think if we make round 2 we've already reached reasonable expectations, and especially without Bosh.
Honestly, my biggest disappointment if we win round 1 and not 2, would be missing a series vs the Cavs.
That's why I, in a way, wanted to finish 4th, so we'd just have to win 1 series vs 2 to get there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can take it to what ever level you want--- Pau over Barkley and or Malone?--- Do Final's MVP's matter? I CERTAINLY think they do....as do i think League MVP's matter, as do i think career longevity matters etc.

If you try and act like the only measure of what you define as a "superstar" is titles- you have a definition that falls WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY short.

Championships matter when all other things are equal.

Lebron is a pretty accomplished player.

So, I think the Kobe/ Magic/ Jordan/ Bird talks are fair.

I mean, he's already surpassed every current player, sans Duncan.

He's already passed the retired guys like Wilkins.

So, there really isn't anyone left but the Mt. Rushmore players.

Chuck and Malone > Pau

Now, Pau vs. Dirk?

That's a tougher comparison.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championships matter when all other things are equal.

Lebron is a pretty accomplished player.

So, I think the Kobe/ Magic/ Jordan/ Bird talks are fair.

I mean, he's already surpassed every current player, sans Duncan.

He's already passed the retired guys like Wilkins.

So, there really isn't anyone left but the Mt. Rushmore players.

Chuck and Malone > Pau

Now, Pau vs. Dirk?

That's a tougher comparison.

I'm always on the fence with Pau and Dirk. Dirk at his prime was such an unfair player to have. Someone who was 7-foot, but could hit over 40% from the 3, something that Gasol couldn't do. However, Gasol's post moves are a thing of beauty and he could also spread out defenses given that he could hit jump shots from the elbow or top of the key at will. Both are truly extremely good players.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always on the fence with Pau and Dirk. Dirk at his prime was such an unfair player to have. Someone who was 7-foot, but could hit over 40% from the 3, something that Gasol couldn't do. However, Gasol's post moves are a thing of beauty and he could also spread out defenses given that he could hit jump shots from the elbow or top of the key at will. Both are truly extremely good players.

Yep, I can't choose between the two.

I guess it would depend on who else was on my roster.

I would need a Reggie Miller-like player to pass on Dirk.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk >>>>> Pau.

It's not close imo. Maybe I'm a Dirk fanboy, but he's carried a team to a championship. Pau is going to be a HOFer but Dirk is an all-time great.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk >>>>> Pau.

It's not close imo. Maybe I'm a Dirk fanboy, but he's carried a team to a championship. Pau is going to be a HOFer but Dirk is an all-time great.

I thought JJ Barea did?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can believe me or not, don't really care. I saw the Boston Celtics get physical with the Showtime Lakers, including the McHale clothesline of Rambis, I saw the Bad Boy Pistons teams take the physicality to the next level and I saw teams try to get physical with Kobe, Pau, etc. My response was always that the Lakers need to toughen up and get physical right back. I've never commented that the refs needing to do their job.

Funny thing is, if a Cavs player had made those same comments, you'd be all for it and not saying that the refs need to "do their jobs."
Have to point out you probably can find supporting facts of the above from postings during last year's finals when most people were saying Delly was dirty or "roughing up" the opponents players. Cavs fans were not saying the refs need to do their jobs. They were adamant that he's just a "hustle guy" and had no malice intent.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...yah when the moderator is posting pictures of LeBron crying!! lol....uhhh YAH....in some places i have seen moderators be neutral- and in others- not so much---- which is their prerogative- but its pretty clear where this one falls amirite? :noidea:
It's no wonder you like LBJ so much- you're just alike- when calls don't go your way you whine and cry like a toddler.

:sadbron:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are certainly free to express your opinion.

LeBron is 31 and making a bee-line towards his 6th straight Finals. Kareem and Magic and Kobe WILL FALL like all the rest- besides his Airness. Its inevitable.

I mean- its obvious you dont like LeBron- just look at all your posts-- its fine- no one has to like anyone. There are CERTAINLY NBA players that i dont like- and wish failure upon (but never injury- not even Whiteside- we need him healthy if the HEat dont choke and end up playing the Cavs)- I EMBRACE that stuff. I cant think of anything funner than a bunch of fans that dont like LeBron and or the Cavs rooting against them and getting a big ole soggy shit sandwich at the end of the rainbow.
Well you certainly have had your share of soggy sh*t sandwiches the past- not 1, not 2, not 3 but 6 seasons or so.....:dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy to me- that in the modern NBA with 30 teams- that LeBron- HOPEFULLY, as long as all stays true to form- will be playing in his 7th Finals. AT 31 years old- 7 TIMES. thats just totally insane to me...lets hope he can get his record to 3-4 with a chance to even it up next year :) oh what a party it could/would be.
What's crazy is that your "hope" is he GETS to his 7th Finals. Since when did that become the goal?? LOL

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can take it to what ever level you want--- Pau over Barkley and or Malone?--- Do Final's MVP's matter? I CERTAINLY think they do....as do i think League MVP's matter, as do i think career longevity matters etc.

If you try and act like the only measure of what you define as a "superstar" is titles- you have a definition that falls WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY short.
See this is where your inability to comprehend gets you into trouble on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.