• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Lebron still has to win 3 titles to tie Magic and 4 to tie Kareem.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in a Cavs fan mentioning the word "choke"? I can't be the only one.
how many does he have to win to tie Kerr and Horry? just out of curiosity?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAT is a star though....what a great draft to get the #1 pick. That only happens once every 3-5 years it would seem.

Evolution of the big man.

If you are the Teen Wolves, who would you target in the draft?

I like Ingram or Hield for that roster.

They could easily move Wiggins back to sg if they want Ingram at the 3, instead of playing him at power forward.

I love Simmons too.

But, the last thing they need is another guy who can't shoot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution of the big man.

If you are the Teen Wolves, who would you target in the draft?

I like Ingram or Hield for that roster.

They could easily move Wiggins back to sg if they want Ingram at the 3, instead of playing him at power forward.

I love Simmons too.

But, the last thing they need is another guy who can't shoot.
im not sure...outside of those top 3- i havent done a whole lot of looking into the draft as i have in past years for obvious reasons. I gotta think a big man that can shoot the 3 would be a nice match with that roster...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure...outside of those top 3- i havent done a whole lot of looking into the draft as i have in past years for obvious reasons. I gotta think a big man that can shoot the 3 would be a nice match with that roster...

Yeah, you won't have to worry about the draft again for at least the next 4 Seasons.

Me?

* Frantically searches for a replacement Pf with the # 25 pick *

Changes are coming when we tap out AGAIN in the 2nd round.

I have a sick feeling Blake for Melo is on the horizon.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey...we are all aware- you dont like LeBron...cool...makes it that much more fun that you have to watch him EVERY year, get deep in the playoffs EVERy year...and eventually pass up EVERY laker...if i were you i wouldnt like him either.

As a fan of the game, I enjoy watching James play. Always have.
That doesn't mean I have to like him, and of
course it's much more fun to watch him play and lose anytime he's not wearing a Heat jersey.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the game, I enjoy watching James play. Always have.
That doesn't mean I have to like him, and of
course it's much more fun to watch him play and lose anytime he's not wearing a Heat jersey.
sure i agree with all that. As a Cavs fan i embrace fans like that....its one of the cool parts about having a team that leads the league in national tv games and has Bron and Love and KI and is favorites to make it to the Finals year after year after year after year....that has such a high profile that everyone is gunning for them...that is just SO DAMN GOOD you cant help but hate when he is owning you and yet mesmerizing you at the same time.

Cleveland was one of the few places Jordan was ALWAYS booed....respect the heck outta him- glad i dont have to watch him dominate my team anymore- def have tons of respect for him though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland was one of the few places Jordan was ALWAYS booed....respect the heck outta him- glad i dont have to watch him dominate my team anymore- def have tons of respect for him though.

:pound:

Pretending you were a cavs fan before 2004 :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many does he have to win to tie Kerr and Horry? just out of curiosity?

You're comparing apples to oranges. Kerr and Horry were role players. They were great role players in fact. But in the NBA as opposed to MLB and the NFL; you can accurately gauge a player as it relates to all-time greats based on titles. For as great as Larry Bird was, I can't put him over Magic because of Magic's 5 titles to Larry's 3.

In basketball, you control both ends of the court. In football, you can't be a great QB with a shit-tascular defense. In the end, your defense will always give in and you'll never win anything. This was the problem with Marino while he was in Miami - great QB, never really had the tools and stability in organization later on in his career to win a super bowl.

Same thing goes for baseball, you can't control if your other teammates are shit field position players or if the team you're on has a shitty bullpen and/or starting rotation.

We've argued this ad nauseam on this board before as it relates to comparing rings among future HOF players, and leaving out the role players. Not surprised that this was your response as you've become rather predictable and sad.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure i agree with all that. As a Cavs fan i embrace fans like that....its one of the cool parts about having a team that leads the league in national tv games and has Bron and Love and KI and is favorites to make it to the Finals year after year after year after year....that has such a high profile that everyone is gunning for them...that is just SO DAMN GOOD you cant help but hate when he is owning you and yet mesmerizing you at the same time.

I'm beginning to think this Heat/Cavs thing might actually have a decent chance of happening.
Hopefully we hold serve tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comparing apples to oranges. Kerr and Horry were role players. They were great role players in fact. But in the NBA as opposed to MLB and the NFL; you can accurately gauge a player as it relates to all-time greats based on titles. For as great as Larry Bird was, I can't put him over Magic because of Magic's 5 titles to Larry's 3.

In basketball, you control both ends of the court. In football, you can't be a great QB with a shit-tascular defense. In the end, your defense will always give in and you'll never win anything. This was the problem with Marino while he was in Miami - great QB, never really had the tools and stability in organization later on in his career to win a super bowl.

Same thing goes for baseball, you can't control if your other teammates are shit field position players or if the team you're on has a shitty bullpen and/or starting rotation.

We've argued this ad nauseam on this board before as it relates to comparing rings among future HOF players, and leaving out the role players. Not surprised that this was your response as you've become rather predictable and sad.
you can take it to what ever level you want--- Pau over Barkley and or Malone?--- Do Final's MVP's matter? I CERTAINLY think they do....as do i think League MVP's matter, as do i think career longevity matters etc.

If you try and act like the only measure of what you define as a "superstar" is titles- you have a definition that falls WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY short.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you won't have to worry about the draft again for at least the next 4 Seasons.

Me?

* Frantically searches for a replacement Pf with the # 25 pick *

Changes are coming when we tap out AGAIN in the 2nd round.

I have a sick feeling Blake for Melo is on the horizon.

If this happens, we'll be here for you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe made it to the finals 7 times by the time he was 31 too.

Only difference is, he won it 5 times.

Well he had Shaq for 3 of those, arguably the most dominant big man ever. Lebron did had Wade for 2, but lets not act like Kobe had help too. You comparing it is pretty pathetic bc Lebron didn't have much help in almost every Finals appearance. His 2 Finals with the Cavs and on the Heat vs the Spurs. His bad Finals against Mavs is his only downfall. Keep trying trolly

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can take it to what ever level you want--- Pau over Barkley and or Malone?--- Do Final's MVP's matter? I CERTAINLY think they do....as do i think League MVP's matter, as do i think career longevity matters etc.

If you try and act like the only measure of what you define as a "superstar" is titles- you have a definition that falls WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY short.

All of those matter. Pau wasn't the main man on the Lakers title teams and I would be hesitant in putting him over Barkley or Malone. It takes logical and critical thinking to discern the two. Hell, Bosh has two rings, you don't see me coming out saying he's better than those guys.

It's taking the resumes of the all-time greats and comparing them amongst each other. You know what's the first thing people think of when referencing Jordan? 6 NBA titles and having 2 3-peats.

League MVP's are bullshit in retrospect. It's purely media driven. I remember Lebron being on both ends of the spectrum of getting screwed out of an MVP (in 2010 to Rose) and being given an MVP when another player clearly had a better season (Wade in 2008). Hell, Jordan got screwed out of a couple of MVP trophies as well, so did Kobe. How in the hell in a 20-year career does he only end up with one?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and me both...everyone..like i said- hopefully unlike last year the heat dont choke.

I hope your streak of Wiggy-Wamming continues. If you lose to the Heat, you'll never show your face here again. Can't say I would miss you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those matter. Pau wasn't the main man on the Lakers title teams and I would be hesitant in putting him over Barkley or Malone. It takes logical and critical thinking to discern the two.
EXACTLY- not just ring count.

Status
Not open for further replies.