• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 NE Patriots vs Cincinnati Bengals Sunday, September 8, 2024 1:00 PM (CBS)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's less about making winning plays and more about not making losing plays. Both contribute to winning.
The biggest thing not mentioned is that the Patriots did NOT turn the ball over. The Patriots got 6 points from two Bengal turnovers.
Questionable calls in the Red Zone because of the conservative game plan.

Next up is Seattle. They beat the Broncos by 6. Geno Smith threw an INT. He threw for 172 yards and 1 TD. Lockett was the main target with 7 catches for 66 yards. Metcalf wasn't a great factor. Broncos concentrated on keeping the ball away from Metcalf but had no answer for Lockett.
Not sure how Covington will handle Metcalf, but my guess is that Gonzalez will be on him like butter on bread. Jones will have to cover Lockett.

First home game for the Patriots and second road game for the Seahawks.

As a side note. Seahawks go home Week 3 and host the Dolphins.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots plan to sit Drake Maye for “several weeks at least.”
Rapoport noted that the team wants to put Maye in a position to succeed and that includes making sure the offensive line can protect him. NFL history is littered with organizations who thought they could start their bridge quarterback for an extended period of time, only to immediately pull the rip cord and give their rookie a shot. Given Jacoby Brissett’s complete lack of mobility behind a line that will struggle to keep the pocket clean, the Patriots look like the next team traveling down that road. Maye’s cannon of an arm and ability to pick up yards on the ground could make him an instant QB2 once he takes over.
Fox showed a stat yesterday for the Browns.

38 different starting QB's since Bernie Kosar. Just wow.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing not mentioned is that the Patriots did NOT turn the ball over. The Patriots got 6 points from two Bengal turnovers.
Questionable calls in the Red Zone because of the conservative game plan.

Next up is Seattle. They beat the Broncos by 6. Geno Smith threw an INT. He threw for 172 yards and 1 TD. Lockett was the main target with 7 catches for 66 yards. Metcalf wasn't a great factor. Broncos concentrated on keeping the ball away from Metcalf but had no answer for Lockett.
Not sure how Covington will handle Metcalf, but my guess is that Gonzalez will be on him like butter on bread. Jones will have to cover Lockett.

First home game for the Patriots and second road game for the Seahawks.

As a side note. Seahawks go home Week 3 and host the Dolphins.
The Seattle game is the one game of the first four I thought the Pats could win. I will stick with this, I think the Pats can beat the Seahawktuahs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great team win for the Patriots!
Offense played well considering the O-line is a work in progress.
Game plan executed well - good coaching.
Defense was great in 1st half, started bend, don't break in 2nd half, came on strong at the end for the win.
Gonzales played like a #1 draft pick. Defended Chase well but gave him too much space in 2nd half.
White was lights out! As expected.
Special teams look like killers again. Cardona with tackle and forced fumble!
Offense, defense, ST's and coaching. It was Patriots good not Bengals bad!