• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight the benches battle. Next week the starters.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons gonna beat that Cavs ass.

In one game...maybe.

If they're lucky.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Drummond gives them one game. Overall, Cavs in 5. Wouldn't be the least shocked if they win in 4.

Agree.
Van Gundy is a good coach though.
I'm sure he'll have a good game plan mapped out.
Not sure if players are good enough to execute it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why the vast majority of posters on any LeBron/Cavs thread just happen to be Heat fans (the team he left) & Lakers fans (the team he didn't join)?:D

LET'S GET READY TO GET READY...

:peep:

:trash: (SHAKE, RATTLE 'n ROLL)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why the vast majority of posters on any LeBron/Cavs thread just happen to be Heat fans (the team he left) & Lakers fans (the team he didn't join)?:D

LET'S GET READY TO GET READY...

:peep:

:trash:

Cause it's always been pretty much just Heat and Lakers fans here.
The bandwagon James/Cavs fans left as fast as they came in 2010.
Of course they are back now and will be until the Cavs eventually lose a series this playoffs.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with others about outcome. But Drummond has given the Cavs trouble. It will be interesting how minutes Mozgov gets. (better postup matchup ... but Andre does great in pick & roll) Right now, Pistons are up 2-1 in season series.

Pistons can show Cavs weakness on D with PG matchup ... and big post player (vs TT). I think these matchups cause Cavs more problems than they will see in 2nd & 3rd round if they make it. (doesn't mean Pistons are more likely to win -- just difficult matchups)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause it's always been pretty much just Heat and Lakers fans here.
The bandwagon James/Cavs fans left as fast as they came in 2010.
Of course they are back now and will be until the Cavs eventually lose a series this playoffs.

You're the same fella that had the phrase "fuck lebron" under your avatar the moment he left Miami. And yet you still claim you always wanted Beasley over LeBron. Sorry that's nothing more than...:bullshit:. Anyway just having some fun in this thread. Even if you're still pissed off & hate him for leaving your Heat!:nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the same fella that had the phrase "fuck lebron" under your avatar the moment he left Miami. And yet you still claim you always wanted Beasley over LeBron. Sorry that's nothing more than...:bullshit:. Anyway just having some fun in this thread. Even if you're still pissed off & hate him for leaving your Heat!:nod:

Sorry.
I speak the truth.
Fuck LeBron was in general, not because he left.
Of course I rooted for him when he was here, but you're disregarding the FACT that I couldn't stand him before he came.

Bottom line with me always has been and always will be that I'd rather root against him then for him.

We've rehashed the Beasley thing a few times already. You're welcome to your opinion....but it's wrong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so pumped that playoff basketball is finally here.

This game tonight is going to be hilarious. I do have to say- I love that the Cavs are able to rest while many of the teams are going to be going full-go for playoff positioning up till the very last day of the season.

Its time for Kevin Love to play some ball. He re-signed in Cleveland because he watched that playoff run from the bench closely and desperately wanted to be a part of it. Well- here is your chance man. Pretty excited for the start.

this Celtics/Heat game tonight should be interesting...seems like a lot is riding on it-- i havent even looked at the scenarios- but i imagine these teams will be fighting hard to try and get that 3 seed and avoid the Cavs till the ECF.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This game tonight is going to be hilarious. I do have to say- I love that the Cavs are able to rest while many of the teams are going to be going full-go for playoff positioning up till the very last day of the season.

Its time for Kevin Love to play some ball. He re-signed in Cleveland because he watched that playoff run from the bench closely and desperately wanted to be a part of it. Well- here is your chance man. Pretty excited for the start.

this Celtics/Heat game tonight should be interesting...seems like a lot is riding on it-- i havent even looked at the scenarios- but i imagine these teams will be fighting hard to try and get that 3 seed and avoid the Cavs till the ECF.

The Heat and Celtics aren't avoiding Cleveland. They just prefer to start their first round series at home.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you need that POTENTIAL day of rest, that bad, then you're in trouble.
If the Cavs start Saturday and the Heat/Celtics or Hawks start Sunday, then their rest time is still equal.
Either way its a few days and not important unless you are healing injuries.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need that POTENTIAL day of rest, that bad, then you're in trouble.
If the Cavs start Saturday and the Heat/Celtics or Hawks start Sunday, then their rest time is still equal.
Either way its a few days and not important unless you are healing injuries.
well its not just that day- its been like the whole last month where Bron, Love, Kyrie have all been able to take days off here and there....Delly has been able to get right...just about everyone....

and this is one of the major differences between Blatt and Lue- it wouldnt have surprised me if Blatt took a very different approach and really tried to get to 60 wins etc- and didnt rest guys as much- i just think as a older school coach- that was his approach. To win as many games as possible- and i certainly cant say thats a poor choice- thats what your paid to do.

I really feel like Lue though- isntead of trying to win as many games as possible- was trying to get the Cavs as prepared for the postseason as possible. Whether that was resting, trying different rotations, instituting new sets etc, getting everyone on the same page, etc...that seemed more important to him than just trying like hell to get each and every possible W. In that way- i think he was a little Pop like...and i think that is a good quality and i give Lue credit for it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its not just that day- its been like the whole last month where Bron, Love, Kyrie have all been able to take days off here and there....Delly has been able to get right...just about everyone....

and this is one of the major differences between Blatt and Lue- it wouldnt have surprised me if Blatt took a very different approach and really tried to get to 60 wins etc- and didnt rest guys as much- i just think as a older school coach- that was his approach. To win as many games as possible- and i certainly cant say thats a poor choice- thats what your paid to do.

I really feel like Lue though- isntead of trying to win as many games as possible- was trying to get the Cavs as prepared for the postseason as possible. Whether that was resting, trying different rotations, instituting new sets etc, getting everyone on the same page, etc...that seemed more important to him than just trying like hell to get each and every possible W. In that way- i think he was a little Pop like...and i think that is a good quality and i give Lue credit for it.

Or look at it this way.
James did take a few games off, but they lost, so he had to play games this week that he might have taken off if it was clinched.
I really think it doesn't/didn't matter either way because they are all starting the playoffs healthy.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or look at it this way.
James did take a few games off, but they lost, so he had to play games this week that he might have taken off if it was clinched.
I really think it doesn't/didn't matter either way because they are all starting the playoffs healthy.
well i think they did it perfectly- i certainly wouldnt want LeBron to rest 3-4 games in a row and lose some of his sharpness before the playoffs.

How they did it - resting him on the 2nd night of back to backs....or- giving him rest where a 2 day break all of a sudden could become a 4 day break is huge- especially towards the end of the grinding NBA season. Its why he has said multiple times that he feels the best he has a FEW years.......LeBron the other night vs. the Hawks pulled some ridiculous reverse dunk- and its just so much fun to watch- but man- those moments were a lot less last year- and a lot less that last year in Miami from waht i remember. He looks as healthy and energized as i have seen him -to quote LeBron himself- "in a few years"....Its just a testament to Lue and the job the Cavs front office is doing to ensure that LeBron stays elite for the long haul.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw that too..87%....seems kinda low to me- if they played it 100 times i kinda rather doubt the Pistons win the series 13 times....but i guess the fact that if injuries occurred- specifically to Bron- the odds would change quite a bit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or look at it this way.

The rest is highly exaggerated. The Cavs showed that they can't win without Lebron in the lineup. Anytime he even goes to the bench, that team goes to straight shit. I agree, Lue did what was needed in trying to preserve Lebron's minutes during the regular season - kudos to him on that. However, playoffs are a different beast and the rest time is over. I've said it before that Cleveland will go to the Finals. Miami will be their toughest obstacle in the East, maybe Boston, but that's it.

The real question will be how much Lebron has in the tank for the Spurs or Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.