• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with others about outcome. But Drummond has given the Cavs trouble. It will be interesting how minutes Mozgov gets. (better postup matchup ... but Andre does great in pick & roll) Right now, Pistons are up 2-1 in season series.

Pistons can show Cavs weakness on D with PG matchup ... and big post player (vs TT). I think these matchups cause Cavs more problems than they will see in 2nd & 3rd round if they make it. (doesn't mean Pistons are more likely to win -- just difficult matchups)
its a really good point.

its interesting Lue inserted Thompson into the starting lineup before knowing the opponent and knowing that it would be Drummond. That will without a doubt be a very tough test for TT.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a really good point.

its interesting Lue inserted Thompson into the starting lineup before knowing the opponent and knowing that it would be Drummond. That will without a doubt be a very tough test for TT.

Like he can't change his mind if he doesn't like the matchup?

I could easily envision seeing James playing quite a bit of PF in this series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like he can't change his mind if he doesn't like the matchup?

I could easily envision seeing James playing quite a bit of PF in this series.
i think the Cavs can and will go small- but LeBron isnt gonna beat himself up covering post players and the Cavs arent gonan wear him out like that either. If its Paul George at PF- yah i could see that....if not- ill bet the Cavs play some small lineups but LeBron will draw one of the less physical matchups on the defensive end--- unless that player starts going off and then lebron will take on the responsibility.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Cavs can and will go small- but LeBron isnt gonna beat himself up covering post players and the Cavs arent gonan wear him out like that either. If its Paul George at PF- yah i could see that....if not- ill bet the Cavs play some small lineups but LeBron will draw one of the less physical matchups on the defensive end--- unless that player starts going off and then lebron will take on the responsibility.

I'm not suggesting he matches up with Drummond.
More like Morris, so that the Cavs can then play with Tristan, Love, Kyrie, and JR and James at the same time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting he matches up with Drummond.
More like Morris, so that the Cavs can then play with Tristan, Love, Kyrie, and JR and James at the same time.
gar brings up a really good point about Drummond and Mozgov though....Drummond is one of the few guys that Thompson and Love would likely really get slaughtered by. You can just put himo n the line i guess- but ideally you really make the Pistons work for their offense- getting them in the bonus isnt gonna help that.

Chrisgar really made some good points above- at least from am atchup perspective- guys like Drummond, and guys that are really fast PGS- like the Jacksons (and teagues etc) are the softer spots for the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need that POTENTIAL day of rest, that bad, then you're in trouble.
If the Cavs start Saturday and the Heat/Celtics or Hawks start Sunday, then their rest time is still equal.
Either way its a few days and not important unless you are healing injuries.

He keeps bragging about the Cavs off day when it compares to the Heat/Hawks/Hornets/Celtics since they're fighting for position. The reality is the whole resting garbage won't have an impact on a series that would start in May

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think they did it perfectly- i certainly wouldnt want LeBron to rest 3-4 games in a row and lose some of his sharpness before the playoffs.

How they did it - resting him on the 2nd night of back to backs....or- giving him rest where a 2 day break all of a sudden could become a 4 day break is huge- especially towards the end of the grinding NBA season. Its why he has said multiple times that he feels the best he has a FEW years.......LeBron the other night vs. the Hawks pulled some ridiculous reverse dunk- and its just so much fun to watch- but man- those moments were a lot less last year- and a lot less that last year in Miami from waht i remember. He looks as healthy and energized as i have seen him -to quote LeBron himself- "in a few years"....Its just a testament to Lue and the job the Cavs front office is doing to ensure that LeBron stays elite for the long haul.

Yeah, as much as I like to crack on the Cavs and joke about #rolling, the fact is that Lue appears to have found a way to rest Lebron while keeping him sharp for the playoffs.

I'm sure at least some of the reason is because he knows what happens when Lebron is out of the lineup or out of gas. Really doesn't matter why though, the point is, they need their best player rested and sharp to have any chance vs. GSW or the Spurs and it looks like that's what they'll have. Kudos to Lue for that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw that too..87%....seems kinda low to me- if they played it 100 times i kinda rather doubt the Pistons win the series 13 times....but i guess the fact that if injuries occurred- specifically to Bron- the odds would change quite a bit.

Well, they gotta bait somebody into betting on the Pistons, don't they?

Or maybe they meant, 87% chance the Cavs sweep the series?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youre-fired-15-5.gif
@trojanfan12 After this shocking accusation, you're fired, pal!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ TF deleting that long-ass post. :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I miss?
i quoted a post where Trojan made a really really bad prediction...he deleted my post- went back- retroactively deleted his post from 3 years ago- closed the thread- and i called him out for it- he deleted that post than as well. Id imagine if you dont see this post very quickly he will do the same. I cant ever remember seeing someone so afraid of admitting they were wrong- even when its so freaking small and trivial. I give anyone credit for sticking out their neck on predictions...some people just can never admit when they are wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i quoted a post where Trojan made a really really bad prediction...he deleted my post- went back- retroactively deleted his post from 3 years ago- closed the thread- and i called him out for it- he deleted that post than as well. Id imagine if you dont see this post very quickly he will do the same. I cant ever remember seeing someone so afraid of admitting they were wrong- even when its so freaking small and trivial. I give anyone credit for sticking out their neck on predictions...some people just can never admit when they are wrong.

The irony

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I miss?

As Hammer said, I'm the incubus.

Wiggy was pulling his usual bullshit and went in to an old thread in another failed troll attempt because he was being embarrassed again on other threads. So, I deleted his bullshit and locked the old thread.

Necro posting is one thing. Necro trolling...not so much.

If he wants to continue his bullshit, he'll really be upset when I ban him from this thread.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss This thread is about the Cavs/Pistons series. If you can't stick to that, you won't be posting in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.