• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2: Bears (1-0) at Houston Texans (1-0)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notnsure if this hurts ir helps but none of the rookie QBs have thrown a TD.

Screenshot_20240916_133524_Sleeper.jpg

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did first few games.

I thought it was interesting in the postgame handshakes that Stroud pulled Caleb back in to talk at him for a bit...I would love to hear his words but I would bet dollars to donuts it was something along the line of "Keep your head up, it was a b*tch for me too at the beginning."

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud did not.

Overall he had a great rookie season. But he did have some struggles early with holding the ball too long and took a bunch of sacks. Also had some luck with having some would be interceptions dropped or broken up. He, and the entire team, really turned it around and had a phenomenal season.

But what do you see when you look at the Texans? Talent in the trenches at key spots and really good coaching. Now compare.

It's not that hard really. It takes a fucking village to win in the NFL and to develop QBs.

Wanna see how much coaching matters? Just look at the Green Bay Packers. Jordan Love on most other teams is probably a turd. On the Packers he's a phenom. He gets hurt and they start Malik Willis. For most teams that's a big L. For the Packers it's a textbook win by running the ball down the other teams throat.

Coaching fucking matters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks BD. I never spoke to you like this, and I didn't expect it from you.
I said I was sorry? LOL. But fer real, my bad, the rage and booze hadn't settled yet.

But I do think that calling it a bust already is hasty and premature. Particularly considering the line play.

What Poles should be doing is wheeling and fucking dealing. At the very least, SOMEONE ELSE should be getting reps with starters during this week. You cannot keep trotting Shelton and Davis out there.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I was sorry? LOL. But fer real, my bad, the rage and booze hadn't settled yet.

But I do think that calling it a bust already is hasty and premature. Particularly considering the line play.

What Poles should be doing is wheeling and fucking dealing. At the very least, SOMEONE ELSE should be getting reps with starters during this week. You cannot keep trotting Shelton and Davis out there.
I figured, my man. I think we are all angry and disappointed.

I was overcome by the Hennessey last night so I'm right there with you. The shit tge I tap mouth isn't exactly thought out too well.

We good.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should expect growing pains from a rookie QB. For the first half of the season he's probably going to have some disasters happen, but all you want to see is improvement from week to week. People calling him a bust or comparing him to anybody else are stupid. He needs to be himself, learn his position and once he gets that he could potentially elevate those around him. He needs to start by taking care of his preparation and get help where he needs it from his coaches. If the coaches can't help him, then you all know what needs to happen, again...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'm buying in or what, but despite the atrocious interior line play, there is something calming about Williams. As stated ad nauseum, Shelton's play has been epically bad.

I think it was pretty obvious with Fields, that the o-line played not only ok, but actually better than ok. You don't dominate in the run game, but just magically totally fucking suck in the pass game. It is evident that Fields created much of the pressure he received by slow reads and terrible pocket presence. I don't see that with Williams. 36 pressures in 42 attempts. I mean...come on.

Eberflus is done after this year. He should be done now. And whoever mentioned the o-line coach...ya how has he lasted so long?

Also, someone mentioned Kmet whiffing on the block...ya, that is shit-schematics...that is ALL on the playcall. Let's shift the whole line right, with the LT completely abandoning a premier pass-rusher and leave that up to a motioning TE, all while running the play in that direction.

I am so sick of cutesy pootsy playcalling. Dominate the trenches. Run the fucking ball, and stop the fucking run. They can try to change the game, all they want, but that will ALWAYS be winning football.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of cutesy pootsy playcalling. Dominate the trenches. Run the fucking ball, and stop the fucking run. They can try to change the game, all they want, but that will ALWAYS be winning football.

They didn't want Harbaugh.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,026.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't want Harbaugh.

It's hard to want a re-tread that had a pre-stacked team...I like him, but he ain't winning shit in SD.

Story I read this past spring was Kevin Warren the then President of the big Ten didnt get along with Jim H because of the sign stealing scandal at Michigan......Warren suspended Jim for 3 games
Warren now the Bears executive,and those two despise each other according to the story.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story I read this past spring was Kevin Warren the then President of the big Ten didnt get along with Jim H because of the sign stealing scandal at Michigan......Warren suspended Jim for 3 games
Warren now the Bears executive,and those two despise each other according to the story.
Fuck Kevin Warren and Fuck Jim H for stealing signs. Fuck, fuck, fuck....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a bear loss,but holy shit 7 Sacks.

Extraordinarily bad results that make you wonder "How is this even possible" are the calling card of the Eberflus era....yet the dumbass still has a job.

Still hold strong that his job was saved by DJ Moore vs. Washington last season. You guys screwed us into this. ONE F*CKING JOB.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,026.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wish Caleb had Strouds struggles first two games of his career:

CJ
Fuck Kevin Warren and Fuck Jim H for stealing signs. Fuck, fuck, fuck....

I imagine they all do it......Michigan just got caught........