• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Rams (1-2) at Bears (1-2)

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,921.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles received a ton of shit for taking Taylor with the 4th rd pick. So far he's looking like he's worth it.

Bulllshit......

HOw many sacks,pressures and hurries has Caleb been under.....??

One or two punts do not equal an offensive lineman nor a def lineman........

He could punt everytime to where they land in the parking lot,does not help the trenches......

Take that punter and shove it up Plles ass is what they can do.....

An average interior offensive lineman is worth more than Taylor.......
Im betting you guys wish we had one.......amirite.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I opt to hitting my local watering hole.
Oh no...the Ticket is waaaaay cheaper than that. I gave that up years ago. Bars, that is. :lol:

But The Ticket's latest incarnation is by far it's worse. I've had it for-fucking-ever, but today was pushing it. My kid was smart enough to just bring it up on her fucking ipad, but the way the new TVs work...ya can't tell if the fucking thing is on or not cuz it takes so fucking long to load, 'er whatever? I was ready to club a baby seal.

Too young to be a Boomer rant over.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulllshit......

He could punt everytime to where they land in the parking lot,does not help the trenches......

I could make a compelling argument that he was Top 3 in our offensive MVP candidate for the day. He was awesome.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I wouldn't like a blue chip o-lineman, but no other position equals a bust more often either.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,921.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could make a compelling argument that he was Top 3 in our offensive MVP candidate for the day. He was awesome.

Im first to agree,but gawd damnit,the trenches are more important than him.....

I dont care that that we drafted one,punter was not a need,lineman was a huge need......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulllshit......

You're making the super huge assumption that a 4th round OL pick would make a big difference in our offensive output. I'd challenge that assumption every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im first to agree,but gawd damnit,the trenches are more important than him.....

I dont care that that we drafted one,punter was not a need,lineman was a huge need......
Well they took o-line directly before him at 3. This kid was widely known as the best punter in college football. I'm ok with it, if it's a Ray Guy-type deal.

I would've liked to have seen a Center acquired via FA. Like a REAL Center.

With Center in mind, I will say, Shelton has looked better than the first two games. Still not great by any stretch, but better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually make a compelling argument that Taylor should be (2), ahead of Williams.

Check this shit...

5 punts
4 of 50+ yds
3 of 60+ yds, (Including one that checked up inside the 5, which is fucking incredible)
He pinned 3 inside the 10, and another that was fielded at the 9 and returned to the 26.

I mean...the dude is weapon, like it or not.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,921.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making the super huge assumption that a 4th round OL pick would make a big difference in our offensive output. I'd challenge that assumption every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

LSD......no.....your also assuming that said player is not gonna make it.......it goes both ways........

An average iol is better than getting Caleb nailed every fucking play.......Caleb is running for his life out there,tired of that shit.......way to take care of our prized rookie Poles........
If we had competent lineman,that means less punting,means more points scored,means we would never of heard of Taylor.....

Now Im not saying he is not worthy,hes just not worth any trench player.....argue whatever you want,it is the truth......

Hows about we take Taylor put him on the trading block and see what other teams will give us for him......what do you think we could get for him.....??

Yay punter......rolls eyes

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSD......no.....your also assuming that said player is not gonna make it.......it goes both ways........

An average iol is better than getting Caleb nailed every fucking play.......Caleb is running for his life out there,tired of that shit.......way to take care of our prized rookie Poles........
If we had competent lineman,that means less punting,means more points scored,means we would never of heard of Taylor.....

Now Im not saying he is not worthy,hes just not worth any trench player.....argue whatever you want,it is the truth......

Hows about we take Taylor put him on the trading block and see what other teams will give us for him......what do you think we could get for him.....??

Yay punter......rolls eyes
Not sure what you mean here. If you're suggesting I implied that a 4th rd OL wouldn't make the team, that's not even close to what I indicated. All I'm saying is try to envision a 4th rd OL having a similar impact on today's performance like that of Taylor. Would he even be starting in the game? Could he possibly be on the practice squad instead? I'm like just about every Bears fan who gave the deer-in-the-headlights look when Poles took Taylor in the 4th. But I also said he might just end up meriting having been selected so high. Today was one of those days.

And when you said, "Hows about we take Taylor put him on the trading block and see what other teams will give us for him......what do you think we could get for him.....??", let's play your very first line.......Hows about we take that 4th round OL and put him on the trading block and see what other teams will give us for him......what do you think we could get for him.....?? See? it it goes both ways, just like you said.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,921.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean here. If you're suggesting I implied that a 4th rd OL wouldn't make the team, that's not even close to what I indicated. All I'm saying is try to envision a 4th rd OL having a similar impact on today's performance like that of Taylor. Would he even be starting in the game? Could he possibly be on the practice squad instead? I'm like just about every Bears fan who gave the deer-in-the-headlights look when Poles took Taylor in the 4th. But I also said he might just end up meriting having been selected so high. Today was one of those days.

And when you said, "Hows about we take Taylor put him on the trading block and see what other teams will give us for him......what do you think we could get for him.....??", let's play your very first line.......Hows about we take that 4th round OL and put him on the trading block and see what other teams will give us for him......what do you think we could get for him.....?? See? it it goes both ways, just like you said.

We didnt get a 4th round olineman......so how could you put him on the trading block.....??

I will take an average olineman over a punter,but we dont have any olineman worth a shit.......

Taylors one punt goes inside the 20,Rams still get three......so that punt went for nothing......

Our oline is terrible,but yet yet we praise a punter while our prized qb runs for his life........

Pick a punter over oline or dline......lol

Cmon LSD,dont tell me youd rather have Taylor over an iol........please dont tell me that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears fans just like to complain.

It’s a dumb argument because it’s not like drafting Taylor is why the oline sucks. It didn’t come down to do I take a punter or a guard. Poles had multiple avenues to improving the oline. Free agency and other draft picks. And he’s had those avenues every offseason he’s been here.

How about just enjoy the fact that we have a punter that actually impacts games?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline is terrible,but yet yet we praise a punter while our prized qb runs for his life........

Sorry just read this.

Is it not okay to praise the punter for what he did today?

Cmon man. I wanna try to be nice on this board but you guys keep saying the dumbest shit.

I think I know why the genius is such a miserable prick now. Years of reading some of this stuff can drive anyone insane I suppose.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,921.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s the lineman? And will he impact a game? Is he better than Jenkins, Pryor, or Davis?

Thats pretty much what Im saying,our oline is so damn bad,I cant believe we took a punter.......and this is not hindsight,I brought this up before the season even started somewhere else,and thus can be confirmed.

Praise the punter,hell ya,he did an outstanding job,but every damn game,Caleb runs for his life,but yet we drafted a punter instead of trenches that we all want....no one wanted a punter.no one even slightly brought up we need a punter.....
We all talked about the trenches,and we still will be sll season.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave it at this: I'm glad we won, we needed it big time. Lots of work still to do, but this week we savor the dub.