• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Rams (1-2) at Bears (1-2)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIce punt.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win.

*high fives all around except for Genius*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge, virtually must-win game today. A great collective effort all around against a very tough, well coached Rams team.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge, virtually must-win game today. A great collective effort all around against a very tough, well coached Rams team.
Must win? This team IS NOT going to the Super Bowl.

Mark this post

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles received a ton of shit for taking Taylor with the 4th rd pick. So far he's looking like he's worth it.
Yeah take a punter instead of an olineman. Only in this forum with these dummies is that considered a smart move

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must win? This team IS NOT going to the Super Bowl.

Mark this post
Simmer down there Nostratrollus. Bears will lose more games this season so you’ll have your time to shine. But this day is for those of us that actually like the Chicago Bears.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer down there Nostratrollus. Bears will lose more games this season so you’ll have your time to shine. But this day is for those of us that actually like the Chicago Bears.
Fair

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:
Much improved offensive effort today. Waldron called his best game so far in this young season.
Swift was utilized the right way by the Bears in taking advantages of his sneaky speed. Roschon is the perfect back for going smashmouth.
Caleb, despite getting sacked three times and hurried a bunch of others, pretty much kept his cool. And no turnovers!!!
Defense played a somewhat bend-don't-break game, but was also opportunistic when it mattered.
Didn't confirm who made that final pressure hit on Stafford, resulting in a game ending INT, but I think it was Darrell Taylor.
Perhaps most importantly, coaching decisions on both sides of the ball, didn't cost us the game.

Negatives:
Way too many penalties, most of them stupid, ie false starts on our home turf. And the Rams gave up some costly ones themselves.
Our normally strong run defense had its worst game of the season. Up the middle or even more so on outside runs, it was a sieve today.
Thought we we played too much open zone. Many completions by Stafford were to wide open receivers. Need to tighten that up.
Yes, Caleb must prove he can play QB inside the pocket, but Waldron should have had him moving outside it more than he did.

Game balls:
Brisker on D
Swift on O.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to you BD for guaranteeing a Bears dub.
However, I suspect you want to take this second line back. :lol:
Actually, I don't mind the way they used both of them today. (Tho I would still like to see that ratio tip to some more touches by Johnson.) I prefer a minimum of a two-back committee. Swift is great in the passing game, and or in space, and today, for the first time all year, he actually got downhill. But more importantly, the playcalling was better today. They stayed ahead of the chains more often. Not great, but better.

I like multiple backs used, because there will always be matchup issues and you can ride a hot hand, so to speak, as well. Johnson should still get more touches, but at least they are acknowledging that there are different types of backs and not all situations call for just one. Hell, I think Herbert should get a handful too.

The o-line is still awful, but I'd much rather see guys like Pryor in there. You can see the heart. Kramer prolly should get a look too, cuz Davis still sucks. The pre-snap penalties are brutal. I love me some Kmet, but he is good for at least two stupid penalties a game.

Better called game today tho.

I'd like to add, that The Ticket on YouTube TV is an unmitigated disaster so far. It crapped out on the Bears' last drive today right about the 2 minute mark.:eek::mad2: