• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Rams (1-2) at Bears (1-2)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty much what Im saying,our oline is so damn bad,I cant believe we took a punter.......and this is not hindsight,I brought this up before the season even started somewhere else,and thus can be confirmed.

Praise the punter,hell ya,he did an outstanding job,but every damn game,Caleb runs for his life,but yet we drafted a punter instead of trenches that we all want....no one wanted a punter.no one even slightly brought up we need a punter.....
We all talked about the trenches,and we still will be sll season.....
Dude, I get it, but fer real...stfu already. What a stupid fucking game to decide to bitch about the fucking punter. Christ dude, the guy will be in contention for Special Teams player of the week. He had, probably the best game by a Bears punter....EVER. So ya, The o-line sucks...but the draft has little to nothing to do with that. Our top o-line pick hasn't even practiced as far as I know?? Top of the 3rd round.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but yet we drafted a punter instead of trenches that we all want.

No, we didn’t. This would only be true if that pick was the only pick we had.

That’s my point.

It wasn’t punter or oline. The #9 pick could have been oline. Any pick the last three years could have been.

To single out this one pick and wanna bitch about it when he’s one of the guys actually doing his job is just kinda silly.

Poles could have used free agency to fix the oline better than he did. He could have avoided losing a pick in the failed Claypool trade. He could have traded for someone better than Bates.

There’s a ton of things to point out that were done wrong. Choosing this one is just off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...We have to win this game. I mean...Come on. But since we lost to, IMO, a far inferior team in Indy (and almost lost to another, at best, equal team in Tennessee) it's more than probable we come out with an L.

If you thought it got ugly with the fans/media this week, look out below if we lose this game.

That all said, it's so important that I have to pick us to find a way.

Bears 23, Rams 17
You made the game-thread and you nearly nailed the final scored, spot on. AND... the Bears won?

You are the anti-Richie. A true winner of a game-thread maker. You shall continue until we see this change!

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win is better than no win I guess. Still too much swift, but I guess if you dont run him inside for no gain, you will never get the long outside runs. I did not get even in the short yardage run that Ro got the touchdown, why are you pulling your left guard to the right side? Everyone lock up a guy and push him into the end zone. That is what starts getting offensive lines gelling, not a 340 pound guy running in the path of the running back trying to go in a hole he has to pass.
Waldron still wants to break that play long even from the 3 yard line.

Its not the question of was the punter a good 4th round pick, its whether or not he would have still been on the board, but made Poles look like a genius today. Kramer getting some snaps at fullback was also nice to see over a tight end. We could have gotten the 4th ranked center in the draft with that pick, but what would he be doing other than being down on the depth chart as a swing guy anyway.

Yeah, we had enough penalties, but there was a clear shot to the head in the end zone against Stafford that did not get called that would have had them driving.

So here we sit 2 and 2 with a +2 point total point differential with Minnesota looking like the best team in the division. Guess paying a guy top QB money was part of that since they might have been beat if the fudge left Malik at QB

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win is better than no win I guess. Still too much swift, but I guess if you dont run him inside for no gain, you will never get the long outside runs. I did not get even in the short yardage run that Ro got the touchdown, why are you pulling your left guard to the right side? Everyone lock up a guy and push him into the end zone. That is what starts getting offensive lines gelling, not a 340 pound guy running in the path of the running back trying to go in a hole he has to pass.

Its not the question of was the punter a good 4th round pick, its whether or not he would have still been on the board, but made Poles look like a genius today. Kramer getting some snaps at fullback was also nice to see over a tight end. We could have gotten the 4th ranked center in the draft with that pick, but what would he be doing other than being down on the depth chart as a swing guy anyway.

Yeah, we had enough penalties, but there was a clear shot to the head in the end zone against Stafford that did not get called that would have had them driving.

So here we sit 2 and 2 with a +2 point total point differential with Minnesota looking like the best team in the division. Guess paying a guy top QB money was part of that since they might have been beat if the fudge left Malik at QB
I watched that shot to the head multiple times and I'm telling ya, their helmets never touched.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i'm reading this right, the idiots wouldn't have minded using our 1st pick to get the punter too. Punter would be doing awesome and we shouldn't be complaining about a single pick.

Also with all the assumptions being made in here why do you assume the punter wouldn't have been there in the 5th round?

Take the trench guy always over a freaking punter. Gawd the idiot nation is strong in here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A (semi) defense of Waldron:

Waldron as OC has been on par with the likes of Getsy the first 3 weeks, but there definitely seemed to be an overall improvement yesterday, both in playcalling and in the execution. Still, the arrow has to continue pointing upward. This is the NFL, not the MLB, NBA, or NHL. You only get 17 games to make your mark. It shouldn't take a quarter of the season to start showing the good stuff.

First and foremost has to be a reduction in penalties, especially the really stupid ones like false starts on our own home field. That's utterly ridiculous. Of course the OL has to play better. And it wouldn't hurt to see some designed rollouts for Williams. Yes, like any solid QB, he has to show he can play within the pocket. But this kid was born to throw off platform while on the scoot - just so long as it's not simply him trying to escape the defensive rush.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that shot to the head multiple times and I'm telling ya, their helmets never touched.
I thought any contacts with a quarterback in the pocket with hands to the head was enough for a flag. I think Stafford thought it was supposed to be a flag.

At least there were positive moves. I would have liked to see Herbert in the game in the fourth, fresh back against a tired defense, to see if he could run for a few first downs and not even give the ball back. I wonder what the story is with Herbert. I at least thought it was going to be Ro that series.

Swift showed why he is dangerous, had a great game to build on. I guess I just feel they were proving that they made the correct move signing Swift for 2 million more a year that they refused to pay Monty.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s like Rich typed this but had a stroke in the process.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i'm reading this right, the idiots wouldn't have minded using our 1st pick to get the punter too. Punter would be doing awesome and we shouldn't be complaining about a single pick.

Also with all the assumptions being made in here why do you assume the punter wouldn't have been there in the 5th round?

Take the trench guy always over a freaking punter. Gawd the idiot nation is strong in here.
Punter in the first? Hell, I’d trade 2 1st round picks and Caleb Williams for Tory Taylor. We got him for a 4th round pick. That’s a major steal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was, in zero way, an illegal shot to the head of Stafford.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought any contacts with a quarterback in the pocket with hands to the head was enough for a flag. I think Stafford thought it was supposed to be a flag.

At least there were positive moves. I would have liked to see Herbert in the game in the fourth, fresh back against a tired defense, to see if he could run for a few first downs and not even give the ball back. I wonder what the story is with Herbert. I at least thought it was going to be Ro that series.

Swift showed why he is dangerous, had a great game to build on. I guess I just feel they were proving that they made the correct move signing Swift for 2 million more a year that they refused to pay Monty.
The hands went towards Stafford's head because he had been in the air with his hands up, attempting to deflect the pass. It was inadvertent and not forceful contact to the head. Blow to the QB's head resulting in roughing the passer - the contact must be forceful.