• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron owns you guys is just what it comes down to...especially Heatles and Turnup and Bksballer...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron owns you guys is just what it comes down to...especially Heatles and Turnup and Bksballer...

I'll take that with a grain of salt considering that Lebron hasn't won in Miami since he left.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Shaq had Kobe for his first 3 too. Without either of those guys the Lakers don't win titles.

Kobe didn't have to hop from team to team and get his friends to join him to win rings though. The ONLY season where lebron didn't have help was his first trip to the finals. So don't try to pretend poor little lebron had to do it all by himself.

Fact is fact: Assuming the cavs make it to the finals this year, both players will have played in 7 finals by the age of 31. And at the end of the day 5 > 2

Team-to-team lol. Lebron has been on two teams and Lebron didn't play in LA, a lot harder to recruit players to come to Cleveland than LA. Nice comparison...derp. Umm I think you forgot about last year when players got injured, ohh and when he dominated vs SA while on the Heat and the others didn't do much...c'mon you aren't fooling anyone. That is 3 Finals appearances out of the 4 times he didn't win bc of his teammates.

The funny thing is on almost everyone's top 10 list of players of all-time Lebron has passed Kobe and he isn't close to done with his career and has 3 less rings. So bring up the rings but Lebron is the better player :laugh3: :laugh3:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that with a grain of salt considering that Lebron hasn't won in Miami since he left.
Must be another one of those sh*t sandwich situations!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team-to-team lol. Lebron has been on two teams and Lebron didn't play in LA, a lot harder to recruit players to come to Cleveland than LA. Nice comparison...derp. Umm I think you forgot about last year when players got injured, ohh and when he dominated vs SA while on the Heat and the others didn't do much...c'mon you aren't fooling anyone. That is 3 Finals appearances out of the 4 times he didn't win bc of his teammates.

The funny thing is on almost everyone's top 10 list of players of all-time Lebron has passed Kobe and he isn't close to done with his career and has 3 less rings. So bring up the rings but Lebron is the better player :laugh3: :laugh3:
Funny how according to Cavs fans when LBJ doesn't win it's because of his lack of supporting cast- but when he wins it's all his glory. Did you forget that one of those losses while in Miami came his first season there? Stop it, just stop the excuses and the pointing of the finger. No player is perfect-not even LBJ.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron didn't exactly dominate SA. They let him get what he wanted on the offensive end while shutting all of the other players down. On the defensive end, he was just as lax as everyone else in that series. I saw zero leadership skills out him trying to inspire his team like a true leader would. It's now understandable given that he had a foot out the door at the time.

I also like that we make all of these excuses for Lebron on why he lost. But you know what? That 1 out of 4 that you're referencing was pretty god damn awful as he was the sole reason on why the Heat lost in '11.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is on almost everyone's top 10 list of players of all-time Lebron has passed Kobe and he isn't close

Link(s)

Because thing is, I despise Kobe. But as it relates to career goals. Lebron is still in the bottom 10, in my view. He still has to pass Duncan, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, and Kobe.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how according to Cavs fans when LBJ doesn't win it's because of his lack of supporting cast- but when he wins it's all his glory. Did you forget that one of those losses while in Miami came his first season there? Stop it, just stop the excuses and the pointing of the finger. No player is perfect-not even LBJ.

So one of the 7 Finals appearances he didn't show up. Wow! :L :L

And I brought that up in an earlier post but thanks for another shitty post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe and LeBron were both the best and go-to guys on 2 Finals Champions. Each have 2 Finals MVP's.

Kobe gets credits for the other 3 championships without a doubt- but less as he was the 2nd banana.

LeBron has 4 league MVP's.......Jordan 5....Kareem 6.....Magic and Bird each with 3....Nash with 2....Wilt with 4.....Russell with 5........Kobe has 1...

Look at the names on that list of guys who have won 3 or more MVP's and TRY and tell me an MVP is not a HUGE consideration.

plus- if right now you could have either one---they were both incoming rooks--- if they were both in the draft and you had the #1 pick and had to choose- no one in their right mind takes Kobe. LeBron- very simply- has done more with less.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link(s)

Because thing is, I despise Kobe. But as it relates to career goals. Lebron is still in the bottom 10, in my view. He still has to pass Duncan, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, and Kobe.

Well the lastest ESPN has him at #3 LOL

All-Time #NBArank: The greatest players ever

Si has Lebron at 5 and Kobe at 12, not even in the top 10 lol

SI's 50 greatest players in NBA history

Just a couple examples, but most lists will have Lebron ahead of him or right there with him already. Just shows the greatness of Lebron even without the rings. Everybody knows he doesn't get much help in the Finals, not an excuse but it's just reality honestly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe and LeBron were both the best and go-to guys on 2 Finals Champions. Each have 2 Finals MVP's.

Kobe gets credits for the other 3 championships without a doubt- but less as he was the 2nd banana.

LeBron has 4 league MVP's.......Jordan 5....Kareem 6.....Magic and Bird each with 3....Nash with 2....Wilt with 4.....Russell with 5........Kobe has 1...

Look at the names on that list of guys who have won 3 or more MVP's and TRY and tell me an MVP is not a HUGE consideration.

plus- if right now you could have either one---they were both incoming rooks--- if they were both in the draft and you had the #1 pick and had to choose- no one in their right mind takes Kobe. LeBron- very simply- has done more with less.

You go with MVP's because it fits into your narrative. If it was the other way around, championships would be your thing. Championships are great as it shows that one could rise above their own bar by beating another team that is worth their salt 4 out of 7 games to claim a championship. The playoffs are a different beast that is for sure. \

And Lebron hasn't done more with less, outside of the 2007 season, and even then, the East was pretty fucking weak outside of Detroit. Kobe's always had to play in a stacked Western conference as long as I can remember. Could you imagine Lebron having to constantly go at the Spurs in the playoffs? Dude would've found his way back East eventually as history will indicate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have James >Kobe if anyone cares.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:omg:

I totally didn't believe you. So, I looked it up

I found like 4 sites that had him ranked higher.

In fairness, 2 are sites I never heard of and the one that had him ranked ABOVE Jordan got dismissed on GP ;).

No surprises, Espn has him higher.

But, I really like the SI article on the top players in the last 20 years

Duncan is, and should be, #1.

SI's 20 best NBA players of the last 20 years

All-Time #NBArank: The greatest players ever

Status
Not open for further replies.