• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevin-love-shoulder.jpg

if this kind of BS happens again- I hope JR Smith opens a can the offender...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because its the playoffs!

I mean are you being serious right now? Have you EVER WATCHED THE Nba playoffs?

You have bragged incessantly about how deep the Cavs are. Yet, the playoffs come around and suddenly it's an 8 deep rotation and they can't go any deeper when the role players are clearly struggling?

I think it may be you who has never watched a playoff game and have no clue about how role players and benches are used.

And for the record, on that same night:

The Pistons used 9 players.
The Blazers used 13 players.
The Clippers used 12 players.
The Hornets used 13 players.
The Heat used 13 players.
The Grizzlies used 11 players.
The Spurs used 13 players.

Last night:

The Pacers used 13 players.
The Raptors used 12 players.
The Mavs used 9 players.
OKC used 11 players.
The Rockets used 11 players.
The Warriors used 11 players.

Isn't it you who always says..."it's not the 80's anymore"?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have bragged incessantly about how deep the Cavs are. Yet, the playoffs come around and suddenly it's an 8 deep rotation and they can't go any deeper when the role players are clearly struggling?

I think it may be you who has never watched a playoff game and have no clue about how role players and benches are used.

And for the record, on that same night:

The Pistons used 9 players.
The Blazers used 13 players.
The Clippers used 12 players.
The Hornets used 13 players.
The Heat used 13 players.
The Grizzlies used 11 players.
The Spurs used 13 players.

Last night:

The Pacers used 13 players.
The Raptors used 12 players.
The Mavs used 9 players.
OKC used 11 players.
The Rockets used 11 players.
The Warriors used 11 players.

Isn't it you who always says..."it's not the 80's anymore"?
half those games were blowouts....

honestly- use your brain. I would have thought after calling the Cavs bench "hot buttered garbage" last year- only to see them step up HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE i nthe playoffs you would have gotten a clue.

look at the box scores- look at NBA playoff box scores going back DECADES....coaches with brains shorten their rotation.

Miami? besides garbage time? 8 players
Charlotte? same thing?
Cavs? 8-9 guys in their rotation

very very very few playoff teams actively use 10 guys in their rotation unless their are matchup issues----- like the Cavs with Frye- i bet hes gonna get significant minutes at SOME point- but prob not in this series. Not only that- but Mo Williams being unavliable and hurt also shortens the Cavs bench- but again- coaches with brains dont play 10+ guys in tight playoff games unless their are matchup reasons for it.

ITs why the idea of trading Love or Irving is just so unbelievably stupid and advocated by the mentally inept...how many guys can you play in a playoff game? when you USUALLY have rest in between?

idiots play 10+ guys in their core rotation in the playoffs....if 10+ guys are getting 18 minutes you have a poor coach.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half those games were blowouts....

honestly- use your brain. I would have thought after calling the Cavs bench "hot buttered garbage" last year- only to see them step up HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE i nthe playoffs you would have gotten a clue.

look at the box scores- look at NBA playoff box scores going back DECADES....coaches with brains shorten their rotation.

Miami? besides garbage time? 8 players
Charlotte? same thing?
Cavs? 8-9 guys in their rotation

very very very few playoff teams actively use 10 guys in their rotation unless their are matchup issues----- like the Cavs with Frye- i bet hes gonna get significant minutes at SOME point- but prob not in this series. Not only that- but Mo Williams being unavliable and hurt also shortens the Cavs bench- but again- coaches with brains dont play 10+ guys in tight playoff games unless their are matchup reasons for it.

ITs why the idea of trading Love or Irving is just so unbelievably stupid and advocated by the mentally inept...how many guys can you play in a playoff game? when you USUALLY have rest in between?

idiots play 10+ guys in their core rotation in the playoffs....if 10+ guys are getting 18 minutes you have a poor coach.

It's you not using their brain. Of course, that's par for the course with you. If half the games were blowouts, the other half weren't. Yet they all used more players than your Cavs with their incredibly deep bench.

None of last nights games were blowouts. Yet, all of those teams used more players than the incredibly deep Cavs.

You should just quit while you're behind. You won't, because you're not that smart. But you should.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 guys on OKC got double digit minutes- one of them 10 on the dot

Mavericks- same thing- 9 guys- one of the 9 10 minutes on the dot

Hornets AND Heat- had 8 guys get major minutes--- the 9th guy on either team DIDNT get to 7 minutes

EVEN ON BOSTON with all that depth- 9 man rotation--- their 10th guy got 3 minutes

Hawks? 8 guys with double digit minutes... i never knew "rotation" guys played 8 minutes, LOL

i mean- TOO easy to refute...FAR too easy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 guys on OKC got double digit minutes- one of them 10 on the dot

Mavericks- same thing- 9 guys- one of the 9 10 minutes on the dot

Hornets AND Heat- had 8 guys get major minutes--- the 9th guy on either team DIDNT get to 7 minutes

EVEN ON BOSTON with all that depth- 9 man rotation--- their 10th guy got 3 minutes

Hawks? 8 guys with double digit minutes... i never knew "rotation" guys played 8 minutes, LOL

i mean- TOO easy to refute...FAR too easy.

Yep, I knew you weren't smart enough to quit while you're behind. Face it, you're wrong. Period. There were no blowouts last night and every team still played more guys than the Cavs.

But feel free to keep embarrassing yourself. It's what you're best at.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that article was about the rockets plan to rough up curry or the hornets plan to rough up wade or the grizzlies plan to rough up Parker... there would be tons of legitimate discussion from both sides.

But since it's about the Cavs... I'm soft for bringing it up and being worried about it. Not complaining about anything or accusing anyone if anything... just showing concern at the thought that another series could get out of control.

Sometimes this forum is really the worst.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that article was about the rockets plan to rough up curry or the hornets plan to rough up wade or the grizzlies plan to rough up Duncan... there would be tons of legitimate discussion from both sides.

But since it's about the Cavs... I'm soft for bringing it up and being worried about it. Not complaining about anything or accusing anyone if anything... just showing concern at the thought that another serious could get out of control.

Sometimes this forum is really the worst.

:sadbron:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About it being tears? You're right. It is the fucking truth.

If any heat or Lakers fans want to actually discuss the series, please join in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any heat or Lakers fans want to actually discuss the series, please join in.

So disagreeing with you about the Cavs re: physical play and refereeing in the very series that you're crying about, isn't discussing the series? If you didn't want to discuss physical play, etc. Why did you bring it up?

Has Wiggy hacked your account again?

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams that are overmatched usually go to this card....its game 1 and the pistons are already whining about calls and talking about how they need to try and intimidate and get physical---- when you have players/coaches running their mouths like that- you know they are scared. bottom line.

They were pointing out that Lebron gets away with obvious offensive personal fouls. At the end of the day, the Pistons lost their composure and deserved to lose. But if Drummond was getting away with those calls, you'd be up in arms about it. And yes, Lebron gets away with stuff most players don't get away with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Lebron gets away with stuff most players don't get away with.

I actually don't have a problem with this. Superstars always do get away with stuff. Lord knows I've seen star Lakers players get away with plenty over the years. I mean, I wish the refs would clean it all up and call the game the same way for superstars as they do the 15th guy on the bench. But they're human and that ain't happening anytime soon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't have a problem with this. Superstars always do get away with stuff. Lord knows I've seen star Lakers players get away with plenty over the years. I mean, I wish the refs would clean it all up and call the game the same way for superstars as they do the 15th guy on the bench. But they're human and that ain't happening anytime soon.

Oh, I agree. I'm just pointing out that SVG isn't complaining for nothing. But I think the line needs to be drawn when Lebron gets away with a blatant forearm push right in front of the referee.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. I'm just pointing out that SVG isn't complaining for nothing. But I think the line needs to be drawn when Lebron gets away with a blatant forearm push right in front of the referee.
if Van Gundy is complaining when LeBron shoots 4 free throws on the night then the MOP is truly back in style.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Van Gundy is complaining when LeBron shoots 4 free throws on the night then the MOP is truly back in style.

To be fair, Lebron was doing a lot of facilitating. Dude had 11 assists. So, he's not going to get to the line as much as he does when he's in attack mode. But I do agree, I can think of at least a couple of times that he probably should have gotten a call and didn't.

SVG is just trying to be like Phil and bait the refs a bit. He sure as heck wouldn't be saying anything if Lebron was on his team and getting away with the same stuff. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams that are overmatched usually go to this card....its game 1 and the pistons are already whining about calls and talking about how they need to try and intimidate and get physical---- when you have players/coaches running their mouths like that- you know they are scared. bottom line.

Yes, you are correct.

But, it's also a sound strategy for superior Teams too.

Again: The Warriors are light years better than the Clippers.

Yet, they still use bully tactics on Blake because he always takes the bait.

Remember Rodman vs. Malone?

The Bulls were the favorite.

But, everyone knew Rodman owned the Mailman mentally.

As long as it isn't guys going all Kermit Washington, it's all fair in Love and Basketball.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to me that the Pistons were daring the Big 3 to beat them and thought it was more important to stay home on the 3 pt shooters. Well- suffice to say I dont think thats a very good plan.
Most of your role players are good 3 point shooters but don't offer much in shot creation. I'm not sure its even a game if your role players are shooting wide open 3s off of help defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...the last thing we need is a repeat of a bunch of guys getting pissed because they are on an 8 seed getting their asswhooped and playing recklessly and hurting our guys.

Where is Perk when you need him? lol.....id say JR could go and be the enforcer- but we will need him.

So you're worried about a comment that more than likely means nothing because it's Kevin Love, but for months you've hoped teams bait and bully Whiteside into doing something stupid so you can try to save face.

Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.