• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god Cavs fans are the softest bunch here. Teams try get more physical in the playoffs. This isn't new to the NBA. This been going on for about forever.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god Cavs fans are the softest bunch here. Teams try get more physical in the playoffs. This isn't new to the NBA. This been going on for about forever.

???

All I said was I hope the refs do a good job of keeping the game under control.

I wonder what posts we would see if the Heat had lost 2 of their top 3 players last year in the playoffs, one to a questionable play in a chippy 4 - 0 series against an 8 seed... and then a couple Hornets players talked about how they were going to respond to their game 1 loss by fouling that player extra hard and roughing him up??

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fan says Cavs fans are soft for being worried about a team's intention to 'rough up' one of the players that this forum has been making fun of all season long for being injury prone.

:gaah:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fan says Cavs fans are soft for being worried about a team's intention to 'rough up' one of the players that this forum has been making fun of all season long for being injury prone.

Rough up can mean several different things. I highly doubt it means what the two Cavs fans are thinking. I highly doubt it means to go out and try to hurt Love which is clearly what you and Wiggy think it means. They can "rough" up/get physical with a player within the rules of the game. The Pacers do it every night. The Bulls teams with Thibs used to do it every night as well

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough up can mean several different things. I highly doubt it means what the two Cavs fans are thinking. I highly doubt it means to go out and try to hurt Love which is clearly what you and Wiggy think it means. They can "rough" up/get physical with a player within the rules of the game. The Pacers do it every night. The Bulls teams with Thibs used to do it every night as well

No, I don't think it means that. I don't think the Pistons are planning to do anything malicious or dirty.

Doesn't mean it doesn't worry me though. Stuff can get heated and out of control as it is in the playoffs. Add to that a team specifically intent on being physical as part of their gameplan and an incident becomes more likely, imo.

The Pistons have nothing to lose while the Cavs have plenty to lose. The Cavs need to be careful and the refs need to do their job. That's all I'm saying.

And someone on the Cavs staff please remind JR that we need him to keep his cool.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because it is soft. Of course they are going to try to get physical with the Cavs and "rough them up" a bit. It gives them their best chance of winning. Haven't seen where anything dirty is being suggested. Just physical, playoff basketball. If the Cavs should expect it and if they can't stand up to it, they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seriously...ESPECIALLY after that EXACT thing happened last year and caused us to miss K Love for the whole playoffs----- a circumstance that the Cavs are still hurting on to this very day...dunno about you guys- but i sure wish we couldve seen what Love could have done for a whole playoffs AND gotten experience for this years playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think it means that. I don't think the Pistons are planning to do anything malicious or dirty.

Doesn't mean it doesn't worry me though. Stuff can get heated and out of control as it is in the playoffs. Add to that a team specifically intent on being physical as part of their gameplan and an incident becomes more likely, imo.

The Pistons have nothing to lose while the Cavs have plenty to lose. The Cavs need to be careful and the refs need to do their job. That's all I'm saying.

And someone on the Cavs staff please remind JR that we need him to keep his cool.

Refs change from game to game. I don't think game 1 was really an eye opener in terms of things refs should look out for between the two teams. I think they'll do their job. If anything happens then there would be a change in how the game is officiated (in terms of what is and what is not allowed) starting in game 3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

very good post.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because it is soft. Of course they are going to try to get physical with the Cavs and "rough them up" a bit. It gives them their best chance of winning. Haven't seen where anything dirty is being suggested. Just physical, playoff basketball. If the Cavs should expect it and if they can't stand up to it, they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Then I'm soft. And so is every other fan on this forum.

Because it does worry me somewhat.

And anyone that says they wouldn't be worried at all as a fan in this situation... given the playoffs the Cavs had last year, the injury trouble Love and Kyrie have had, the nature of this series, and the comments by Marcus freaking Morris of all players... is either lying or naive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shouldnt surprise you when they have the AUDACITY to try and logic away conduct like this:

hassan-whiteside-030915-ftr-vnjpg_bw49la1w0xpj1wiru66tf9jyh.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And :lol: at Wiggy still trying to act like role players going 10-25 at home in a 5 point win over an 8 seed is a good thing.

10-25 from the role players in a 5 point win on the road, is expected. Those kinds of numbers at home, are not.

And if the bench is so deep. Why did they only use 8 players? 9 if you count TinaFey Mozgov's 4 minutes and 34 seconds of playing time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And :lol: at Wiggy still trying to act like role players going 10-25 at home in a 5 point win over an 8 seed is a good thing.

10-25 from the role players in a 5 point win on the road, is expected. Those kinds of numbers at home, are not.

And if the bench is so deep. Why did they only use 8 players? 9 if you count TinaFey Mozgov's 4 minutes and 34 seconds of playing time.
because its the playoffs!

I mean are you being serious right now? Have you EVER WATCHED THE Nba playoffs?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And anyone that says they wouldn't be worried at all as a fan in this situation... given the playoffs the Cavs had last year, the injury trouble Love and Kyrie have had, the nature of this series, and the comments by Marcus freaking Morris of all players... is either lying or naive.
Cavs have worked too hard this year for some bitter players on a team that will likely be getting its butt-kicked from acting out and injuring our players.

I remember last year when Stevens questioned the Celtics manhood for the absolute DOMINATION the Cavs were displaying on the offensive boards--- that created the circumstances under which Love got his arm ripped out of his socket.

I am all for toughness and physical play- its the playoffs- but when the coaches incite the players to ramp it up from playing hard to playing recklessly there is a big time problem.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to Marcus Morris and Tobias Harris the Piston's gameplan for game 2 is to rough up Kevin Love.

I just really hope the refs do a good job of keeping the game under control and not overreact to SVG's comments.

The Cavs do not need a repeat of the Celtics series last year.
ill tell ya- id love to see TObias Harris try and guard Love in the post. No way could he handle him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to Marcus Morris and Tobias Harris the Piston's gameplan for game 2 is to rough up Kevin Love.

I just really hope the refs do a good job of keeping the game under control and not overreact to SVG's comments.

The Cavs do not need a repeat of the Celtics series last year.

They did that in Game 1 lol. They were grabbing him every chance they got, especially that booty :laugh3:

The funny thing is now they are so worried about Love, now you have the best all-around player (arguably) that is still there just sitting back right now. He didn't even shoot much last game but I liked how much he was attacking.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And anyone that says they wouldn't be worried at all as a fan in this situation... given the playoffs the Cavs had last year, the injury trouble Love and Kyrie have had, the nature of this series, and the comments by Marcus freaking Morris of all players... is a liar.

Actually, it's just Cavs fans that are soft, they are the only ones worrying and crying. It's the NBA. It's the playoffs. It's going to get physical. It's up to the players to adjust and be prepared. It's been this way for as long as their has been an NBA.

It's like SVG complaining about Lebron not getting offensive fouls called on him. Of course that's not happening. He's a superstar and gets a certain amount of superstar treatment. It's not right, it's not fair, but it's how it is and always has been. Every superstar in history has benefited from it. Heck, I can remember folks saying that Kareem pushed off just about every time he shot his skyhook. Did he? Often times, yes. Were the refs going to call it? No.

Besides, for the past 2 seasons, all we've heard from Cavs fans (especially one particular loudmouth) is how the Cavs aren't injury prone. Now, an opponent says that they are going to play physical basketball and it's "we're injury prone and the refs better do their job."

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I get your point.

I also understand what Bk means too.

Every Team knows the easiest way to best the Clippers is to slap Blake around.

If we make it to the second round, Bogut will surely use that tactic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did that in Game 1 lol. They were grabbing him every chance they got, especially that booty :laugh3:

The funny thing is now they are so worried about Love, now you have the best all-around player (arguably) that is still there just sitting back right now. He didn't even shoot much last game but I liked how much he was attacking.
teams that are overmatched usually go to this card....its game 1 and the pistons are already whining about calls and talking about how they need to try and intimidate and get physical---- when you have players/coaches running their mouths like that- you know they are scared. bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.