• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are blitzing the Jackson and Drummond pick and roll pretty hard so of course we are going to get open looks from 3. I agree that we probably won't be as hot from 3 in game 1 though. It seemed like towards the end of the game, we weren't moving the ball as quick after the big blitzed the pick and roll which contributed to the iso ball.

I'm also surprised we weren't able to take advantage when love switched into Jackson. I didn't think love had any lateral quickness
I was really disappointed in our rebounding and defense on the Kevin love pick and roll.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be fair, I think my Marlins deserved to be in the 4 spot. It may be because of the two World Series titles in '97 and '03. But that was under different ownership.

Dude, even the Kings current ineptitude can't overcome the " Despicable Donald era ".

He had a commitment to all things trifling.

Reactions: GNG

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Tyronne was a little concerned that while his "big 3" were playing well they were never really able to break away from the Pistons until the end- when they started to make mental mistakes.

I would think so. There was almost no help from the role players. The big 3 scored 81 of their 105 points. They can get away with that in the first and second rounds, but I don't think they can get away with it vs. the Heat and I know it won't work against the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder.

Reactions: LAD

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so. There was almost no help from the role players. The big 3 scored 81 of their 105 points. They can get away with that in the first and second rounds, but I don't think they can get away with it vs. the Heat and I know it won't work against the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder.
I believe it will be enough against everyone except the Spurs or Warriors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it will be enough against everyone except the Spurs or Warriors.

It not likely to work against the Heat or Thunder either. Those teams are too good and would wear the Cavs down, especially if the big 3 already had to get them to the ECF or finals with little to no help from the role players.

What should be particularly troubling for the Cavs is that it happened in a home game. Home games are where you expect role players to play well enough to keep the stars from having to do all of the heavy lifting. If the Cavs big 3 have to all of the heavy lifting both at home and on the road, it will wear them down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SVG got fined for his in game comments on Lebron. This is such bullshit. If you interview coaches (especially in the playoffs) during the game, you're going to get raw emotion. How about you stop that stupid interviews after the 1st and 3rd quarters?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SVG got fined for his in game comments on Lebron. This is such bullshit. If you interview coaches (especially in the playoffs) during the game, you're going to get raw emotion. How about you stop that stupid interviews after the 1st and 3rd quarters?

Maybe the NBA should maybe, I don't know - actually address the poor officiating. SVG wasn't exactly wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the NBA should maybe, I don't know - actually address the poor officiating. SVG wasn't exactly wrong.

If Coaches are not allowed to speak their mind, why not just give them a script?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, even the Kings current ineptitude can't overcome the " Despicable Donald era ".

He had a commitment to all things trifling.
that may be true...

but think of Ted Stepien of the Cavs....

in the NBA- you are NOT allowed to trade your first rounder 2 years in a row. This is called the "Stepien" rule because of his pure idiocy. When he sold the team I believe the league just GAVE the Cavs 2-3 first rounders because Stepien had dealt away everything he could for nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see i dont really agree with this , with the CAvs at least. The Cavs played an 8 man rotation-- 9 players got minutes but Mozgov only got 5....so basically- 8 man rotation.

3 of those guys are Shumpert, Thompson, Delly-and even Jefferson- guys that absolutely dont need to score to make their presence felt- in fact- unless the other team is really doubling LeBron/Kyrie/Love-- ideally those guys dont take a lot of shots...all four guys are playing for their defense-- and floor spacing ability (not thompson obviouslY).

Smith- is the one non-big 3 guy that you definitely would like to see get in a rhythm i guess- and he didnt play that well.

I mean- i think Tristan Thompson had a great game and he only scored 2 points. He made Drummond uncomofrtable- was able to switch a lot of pick and rolls and hold his own, drew - at least that i can remember 2-3 holding calls that he always gets while under the offensive boards. If the Big 3 are playing like that- Thompson just isnt gonna get a lot of opportunities- nor are Jefferson, Delly...etc.

It seemed to me that the Pistons were daring the Big 3 to beat them and thought it was more important to stay home on the 3 pt shooters. Well- suffice to say I dont think thats a very good plan.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what's wrong with telling your players to stop worrying about calls or non-calls and play the game?

Nothing. That's obviously not the part of his comments that got him fined.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. That's obviously not the part of his comments that got him fined.

He shouldn't have got fined period. Cut out those lame interviews if you don't want the coaches to be honest.

If I'm SVG, I' don't do another in game interview this series. That was such bullshit

The Union should really fight this

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't have got fined period. Cut out those lame interviews if you don't want the coaches to be honest.

If I'm SVG, I' don't do another in game interview this series. That was such bullshit

The Union should really fight this

Oh, I completely agree. Those interviews are stupid. The coaches never say anything and they cut in on actual game time. A coach actually saying what's on his mind and what he was saying in the huddle is refreshing and might actually make those interviews worthwhile. But when they do that they are penalized. They should either get rid of the interviews or give the coach some leash.

Having said all of that... its not in the least bit surprising that he was fined, given the current rules. It would have been a huge departure from what they've done in the past to let this one go. If they're going to make a change regarding the interviews and/or the freedom coaches have to say what's on their mind... better to make it in the off-season and let everyone know about the change.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I completely agree. Those interviews are stupid. The coaches never say anything and they cut in on actual game time. A coach actually saying what's on his mind and what he was saying in the huddle is refreshing and might actually make those interviews worthwhile. But when they do that they are penalized. They should either get rid of the interviews or give the coach some leash.

Having said all of that... its not in the least bit surprising that he was fined, given the current rules. It would have been a huge departure from what they've done in the past to let this one go. If they're going to make a change regarding the interviews and/or the freedom coaches have to say what's on their mind... better to make it in the off-season and let everyone know about the change.
very true.

whether you agree with it or not- anyone with common sense that follows the league knew he would be fined. To do otherwise would have been a substantial departure from how they have dealt with similar conduct in previous situations.

anyway...lets hope Kevin Love can keep up his play from Game 1. He played great both inside, and outside, and on the boards--- and most importantly - he was the matchup nightmare that he was brought here to be.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.

whether you agree with it or not- anyone with common sense that follows the league knew he would be fined. To do otherwise would have been a substantial departure from how they have dealt with similar conduct in previous situations.

anyway...lets hope Kevin Love can keep up his play from Game 1. He played great both inside, and outside, and on the boards--- and most importantly - he was the matchup nightmare that he was brought here to be.

I think Detroit will make obvious adjustments. Doubt he'll get all those open looks he got

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see i dont really agree with this , with the CAvs at least. The Cavs played an 8 man rotation-- 9 players got minutes but Mozgov only got 5....so basically- 8 man rotation.

3 of those guys are Shumpert, Thompson, Delly-and even Jefferson- guys that absolutely dont need to score to make their presence felt- in fact- unless the other team is really doubling LeBron/Kyrie/Love-- ideally those guys dont take a lot of shots...all four guys are playing for their defense-- and floor spacing ability (not thompson obviouslY).

Smith- is the one non-big 3 guy that you definitely would like to see get in a rhythm i guess- and he didnt play that well.

I mean- i think Tristan Thompson had a great game and he only scored 2 points. He made Drummond uncomofrtable- was able to switch a lot of pick and rolls and hold his own, drew - at least that i can remember 2-3 holding calls that he always gets while under the offensive boards. If the Big 3 are playing like that- Thompson just isnt gonna get a lot of opportunities- nor are Jefferson, Delly...etc.

It seemed to me that the Pistons were daring the Big 3 to beat them and thought it was more important to stay home on the 3 pt shooters. Well- suffice to say I dont think thats a very good plan.

You can spin it how you want, the fact is that the big 3 received little help. They had to score 81 of the 105 points. That means the reserves scored 24 points. Considering the Heat, Thunder, Spurs and Warriors all are better teams, that's not going to work.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can spin it how you want, the fact is that the big 3 received little help. They had to score 81 of the 105 points. That means the reserves scored 24 points. Considering the Heat, Thunder, Spurs and Warriors all are better teams, that's not going to work.

Lakers in 4! Wait, what?

Go Celtics!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

They can get away with this the first 2 rounds, maybe the ECF if they don't play Miami.

But, you are not beating the West Powerhouses with 3 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.