• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's fair... but I thought their strategy was pretty good. I think Cavs were around 40% shooting in the first half.

They never doubled LeBron (or anyone) and stayed home on everybody. Seemed like they wanted to limit the Cavs role players which they did very well. Its the main reason why Love,Kyrie,&LeBron ended up with as much of the scoring load as they did, imo.

They need to do something when Love goes to C. I agree with JVG. Put Drummond on Shumpert and put Morris or Harris on Love. If they don't want to do that then Drummond must spend a lot of 4th quarters on the bench as Baynes seems more willing to go out and defend Love

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about being 11 for 17 from 3 at one point? That was because of the Cavs awful defense and we should expect to see that throughout the series?

Drummond averaged 16 and 14 this season. He had 13 and 11. Not his best game at all but not a far cry from what he normally is, either.

Drummond post moves are awful. He needs to see Hakeem in the offseason.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do something when Love goes to C. I agree with JVG. Put Drummond on Shumpert and put Morris or Harris on Love. If they don't want to do that then Drummond must spend a lot of 4th quarters on the bench as Baynes seems more willing to go out and defend Love

Yeah, that's true. Drummond lost Love several times and at big moments. SVG will probably have an adjustment for that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about being 11 for 17 from 3 at one point? That was because of the Cavs awful defense and we should expect to see that throughout the series?

Drummond averaged 16 and 14 this season. He had 13 and 11. Not his best game at all but not a far cry from what he normally is, either.

I didn't think the Cavs defense on 3's was that bad. Guys were there, they just hit shots. They were late at times, but not so much that it should have led to how well the Pistons shot it. I agree though, it's unlikely they will shoot at that clip again.

As I pointed out, it wasn't just Drummond. They didn't get much from Harris either. They were a combined 9 points off their season average and lost by 5. That doesn't seem like a lot, but in the playoffs, it can be huge.

Maybe you look at it a little differently than I do as a fan. When the Lakers were consistently the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs, I expected them to steamroll whoever they played in the first round. I wouldn't have been impressed or happy with a 5 point win over an 8 seed. Especially when they had chances to pull away and win more comfortably, but couldn't.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with @bksballer89 They may have played about as well as they can offensively (especially from 3 point range), but their defensive performance wasn't as good as they are capable of.

I agree but like @gordontrue said their strategy was very good. No doubling and they made the "Big 3" score and not the other role players. They actually played good defense for about half the game, but obviously it wasn't good enough especially their paint defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the Cavs defense on 3's was that bad. Guys were there, they just hit shots. They were late at times, but not so much that it should have led to how well the Pistons shot it. I agree though, it's unlikely they will shoot at that clip again.

As I pointed out, it wasn't just Drummond. They didn't get much from Harris either. They were a combined 9 points off their season average and lost by 5. That doesn't seem like a lot, but in the playoffs, it can be huge.

Maybe you look at it a little differently that I do as a fan. When the Lakers were consistently the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs, I expected them to steamroll whoever they played in the first round. I wouldn't have been impressed or happy with a 5 point win over an 8 seed. Especially when they had chances to pull away and win more comfortably, but couldn't.

Wasn't Lebron on Harris. If he was, we probably won't see Harris do much the whole series.

I wasn't impressed at all with their overall performance and I know they need to improve but sometimes the other team shoots lights out and the Cavs didn't play their best. They don't look like a championship team right now and things need to change, so I don't disagree with you from that standpoint.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but like @gordontrue said their strategy was very good. No doubling and they made the "Big 3" score and not the other role players. They actually played good defense for about half the game, but obviously it wasn't good enough especially their paint defense.

Yeah, the paint is where they really need to make adjustments. Love looked more like the Minnesota version of himself than he has in the entire time he's been in Cleveland. He did a lot of damage inside, which helped open him up for 3's.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty irritating to me that they didn't review Delly's 3. I was surprised when they called it a 2 on the floor but I figured they'd review it during the next break. They never did and it stayed as a 2.

D5Ld5tI.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Lebron on Harris. If he was, we probably won't see Harris do much the whole series.

I wasn't impressed at all with their overall performance and I know they need to improve but sometimes the other team shoots lights out and the Cavs didn't play their best. They don't look like a championship team right now and things need to change, so I don't disagree with you from that standpoint.

Oh, it's definitely not a bad sign for the Cavs that the Pistons were lights out from 3, the Cavs didn't play their best and they still won. You just want to make sure that it doesn't become a habit. They can get away with that vs. the Pistons. Not so much vs. the Heat, Warriors, Spurs or Thunder (if they manage to get out of the West).

End of the day though, it doesn't matter if the Cavs win every playoff game by 1 point. As long as they do it 16 times, they'll be champs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I laughed at that too.

Context, though... Kyrie just scored 8 points (including 2 3's) in less than 60 seconds. I can't blame LeBron for having curry-level confidence in Kyrie right there. I know I did at that moment.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed at that too.

Context, though... Kyrie just scored 8 points (including 2 3's) in less than 60 seconds. I can't blame LeBron for having curry-level confidence in Kyrie right there. I know I did at that moment.

Oh, Kyrie balled out. That play though was just hilarious.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: @Lebron going all Swaggy P.

nick-young-celebration-o.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you look at it a little differently than I do as a fan. When the Lakers were consistently the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs, I expected them to steamroll whoever they played in the first round. I wouldn't have been impressed or happy with a 5 point win over an 8 seed. Especially when they had chances to pull away and win more comfortably, but couldn't.
I wonder if Tyronne was a little concerned that while his "big 3" were playing well they were never really able to break away from the Pistons until the end- when they started to make mental mistakes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kinda fuckery is this?

#4?

:cheer2:

Hey, that's progress!
Too be fair, I think my Marlins deserved to be in the 4 spot. It may be because of the two World Series titles in '97 and '03. But that was under different ownership.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should win the series in five.

Status
Not open for further replies.