• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

They can get away with this the first 2 rounds, maybe the ECF if they don't play Miami.

But, you are not beating the West Powerhouses with 3 guys.

Just to stir shit up I think it should be mentioned that OKC's bench only scored 21 points in their game 2 loss to the Mavs.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons game plan in game 1 seemed to be to see if the Big 3 could handle the scoring load if they kept everyone else out of it. A decent gameplan I think... but the Cavs big 3 obliged and got the job done.

No double teams. Straight up switching instead of hedging and getting back to your man. No sagging help. Stayed home on the shooters.

That, to me was the reason the rest of the Cavs didn't score a lot. Not, imo, because the cavs were overly going to iso or because the other guys played bad.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to stir shit up I think it should be mentioned that OKC's bench only scored 21 points in their game 2 loss to the Mavs.

Yep, Prime example.

I have no doubt the Cavs have the talent to get to the Finals.

Miami is the only Team that will test them, that could actually win.

If I'm a Cavs can, I would be ecstatic to.see the big three performing at this level, at the same time.

Bron just needs to get the other guys involved too because he is essentially the pg.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Prime example.

If I'm a Cavs can, I would be ecstatic to.see the big three performing at this level, at the same time.

Bron just needs to get the other guys involved too because he is essentially the pg.

Can't argue w/ that. The Cavs bench needs to wake up though. And like I said last week I really wanna see a Cavs/Heats series because the shit talking could get to a hilarious level.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons game plan in game 1 seemed to be to see if the Big 3 could handle the scoring load if they kept everyone else out of it. A decent gameplan I think... but the Cavs big 3 obliged and got the job done.

No double teams. Straight up switching instead of hedging and getting back to your man. No sagging help. Stayed home on the shooters.

That, to me was the reason the rest of the Cavs didn't score a lot. Not, imo, because the cavs were overly going to iso or because the other guys played bad.

Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you, especially when you are having success.

If Love or Kyrie were falling down the rabbit hole, like Durant last night, yeah.....go away from them and move the ball more.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you, especially when you are having success.

If Love or Kyrie were falling down the rabbit hole, like Durant last night, yeah.....go away from them and move the ball more.

Exactly. I expect the bench to do better tomorrow. There will likely be some combination of

1) Pistons adjusting defensively
2) Love/Kyrie not playing as well
3) A concerted effort by the Cavs to get them involved

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if any of the Big 3 struggled- that would have been the story---- since all 3 of the Big 3 played great games- of course the role players arent gonna score a lot- but that becomes the story.....no matter what people will find a way to cry about the Cavs- the hate is strong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if any of the Big 3 struggled- that would have been the story---- since all 3 of the Big 3 played great games- of course the role players arent gonna score a lot- but that becomes the story.....no matter what people will find a way to cry about the Cavs- the hate is strong.

Hey :finger2: the Cavs & LeBron is an jackass in high tops for leaving Miami!:D

:trash:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone read this?

IF TRUE, No wonder we hear so much Butler trade talk.

I have a hard time believing that the Bulls would trade Jimmy to appease Noah.

I love me some Joakim.

But, this is Kobe vs Shaq lite.

You don't trade the Young phenom when the elder statesman is on the other side of his prime.

The Bulls beat writers spilled the beans on the team's dysfunctional locker room

Interesting stuff. I'll take it with a grain of salt but sounds feasible given everything that we know about that team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who was crying about anything?
I read some posts where people said what they saw would never be good enough ITO.
Only one I see crying is you.

I will say, from looking at the stats, that deep bench we've heard about was pretty shitty, but its 1 game in round 1.
Cavs aren't losing to Detroit, but as I still predict, they will be in many more closer games this post season then last.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was crying about anything?
I read some posts where people said what they saw would never be good enough ITO.
Only one I see crying is you.

I will say, from looking at the stats, that deep bench we've heard about was pretty shitty, but its 1 game in round 1.
Cavs aren't losing to Detroit, but as I still predict, they will be in many more closer games this post season then last.
considering Trojan also called the Cavs bench last year "hot buttered garbage" and by all accounts the bench stepped up and was positively instrumental and played GREAT once Irving and Love were hurt- i mean- i thought it was abundantly clear that the Cavs bench is VERY VERY SOLID- and is only lagging in production because of the paucity of shot attempts.

if anyone thinks that Thompson, Jefferson, Delly are going to put up numbers while Irving, Love and LeBron are thriving they just dont know the game. The more important measure of their contributions are definitely on defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Prime example.

ya know- if Bron, Irving, and Love are combining for 80+ points a night--- i really dont want Delly, Thompson, Shumpert, Jefferson---- doing a whole lot offensively--- of course Delly, Jeff, and Shump to a degree are used to space the court- but if guys are gonna stay home on them and leave lanes for Bron, Irving and give Love single teams in the post- sooooooooo muuuuuuuuch the better.

As long as Irving, LeBron, Love are all healthy and excelling i would not expect much out of the Cavs role players scoring wise outside of JR.

now- if Love or Irving gets hurt- just like last year- you will see those bench guys step up in major ways and excel - just as they did last year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Prime example.

Bron will, he always does but like you said the most important thing is getting Love and Kyrie going and on a roll

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bron will, he always does but like you said the most important thing is getting Love and Kyrie going and on a roll
if the Cavs are relying on Jefferson or Thompson or Delly or Shumpert for substantial parts of their offense that will mean things have gone wrong- either via injury or elsewise.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and if they can do that in game 2 without the mental mistakes towards the end of the game there might be a different outcome.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to Marcus Morris and Tobias Harris the Piston's gameplan for game 2 is to rough up Kevin Love.

I just really hope the refs do a good job of keeping the game under control and not overreact to SVG's comments.

The Cavs do not need a repeat of the Celtics series last year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to Marcus Morris and Tobias Harris the Piston's gameplan for game 2 is to rough up Kevin Love.

I just really hope the refs do a good job of keeping the game under control and not overreact to SVG's comments.

It's the playoffs. Things get physical from time to time. Rough up doesn't mean they're going to deliver a flagrant foul.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seriously...the last thing we need is a repeat of a bunch of guys getting pissed because they are on an 8 seed getting their asswhooped and playing recklessly and hurting our guys.

Where is Perk when you need him? lol.....id say JR could go and be the enforcer- but we will need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.