• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Why are people obsessed with Michael Jordan?

Why are people obsessed with Michael Jordan?

• They are brainwashed by Nike

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • They are dumb

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • They should be obsessed, he is the GOAT

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • They have a mental disorder

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • They aren't obsessed, only SJ76 is

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Macaroni Salad

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, I’ll rephrase. Lebron will never be thought of as being as clutch as a lot of others, that’s where I have Kobe over him.

That's definitely the perception, but I think the numbers show that LeBron shoots a higher percentage in the late stages of games compared to Kobe, including playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's definitely the perception, but I think the numbers show that LeBron shoots a higher percentage in the late stages of games compared to Kobe, including playoffs.

That is definitely true.

And the reason is simple. Shot selection.

Kobe would often force in those situations and got praised for his courage. Meanwhile, LeBron makes the correct play and kicks to open shooters and gets blasted.

LeBron has always been willing to take big shots. He has also been willing to pass to the open guy in big moments. Crazy to criticize a player for that. Because while it doesn’t produce as many career defining highlights, I do believe the numbers show a higher success rate with LeBron’s approach in these moments.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has always been willing to take big shots. He has also been willing to pass to the open guy in big moments. Crazy to criticize a player for that. Because while it doesn’t produce as many career defining highlights, I do believe the numbers show a higher success rate with LeBron’s approach in these moments.

What's really funny is that it's not like MJ or Kobe never passed to someone else during those moments either.

MJ passed to Paxson and Kerr in big moments.

Kobe passed to Horry, D-Fish and Ron Artest in big moments. Artest gave one of the funniest post title interviews as a result...

"Kobe passed me the ball. I can't believe he passed me the ball". lol

Last edited: