• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Eagles the most disrespected team in the league?

Are the Eagles the most disrespected team in the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most likely have the best QB in the league yet you still have every talking head follow the lead of that clown Chris Simms putting Hurts at some disrespectful pstion like 7 or 8 like he's Dak. They have the best offensive line in the league but you have clowns like NFL executives ranking their tackles 4 and 5 and throwing shade at them despite them being total fucking animals. AJ Brown might be the best WR and DeVonta Smith is not only about to become the best WR in the NFL this year but he has to face the shade of the star that is AJ Brown. Dallas Goedert only ranked top 5 TE because of missed times for injures and missed snaps playing behind Ertz. He is the most efficient receiving target in the NFL and it isn't close. Insanely talented both at the catch and after it. A full season of Goedert to start and then consistently is when you star to wonder if someone has arrived to take the torch from Travis Kelce.

RB room just filled with potential. DL filled with nothing but talent both old and new and arriving. Same with LB. All Pro and Pro Bowl starting CB duo with best slot CB in the league. Great developmental talent in Ringo at depth. At Safety they just have stars in the making. Blankenship is the real deal and he will be starting and starting for a very long time. Sydney Brown their 3rd round draft pick is also the answer for now and the future. He probably wont start at first. I think Edmunds starts the year starting before Sydney Brown eventually takes it and then owns it for over decade winning multiple rings in Philly.

Jake Elliott is the most understated Kicker in the league. Has made nothing but clutch kicks in both regular season but also post season and multiple Super Bowls. Still young. Decades of greatness from Jake Elliott. He will play 20+ years for the Eagles and make the Hall of Fame off of it. The best up and coming HC in the league.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most likely have the best QB in the league yet you still have every talking head follow the lead of that clown Chris Simms putting Hurts at some disrespectful pstion like 7 or 8 like he's Dak. They have the best offensive line in the league but you have clowns like NFL executives ranking their tackles 4 and 5 and throwing shade at them despite them being total fucking animals. AJ Brown might be the best WR and DeVonta Smith is not only about to become the best WR in the NFL this year but he has to face the shade of the star that is AJ Brown. Dallas Goedert only ranked top 5 TE because of missed times for injures and missed snaps playing behind Ertz. He is the most efficient receiving target in the NFL and it isn't close. Insanely talented both at the catch and after it. A full season of Goedert to start and then consistently is when you star to wonder if someone has arrived to take the torch from Travis Kelce.

RB room just filled with potential. DL filled with nothing but talent both old and new and arriving. Same with LB. All Pro and Pro Bowl starting CB duo with best slot CB in the league. Great developmental talent in Ringo at depth. At Safety they just have stars in the making. Blankenship is the real deal and he will be starting and starting for a very long time. Sydney Brown their 3rd round draft pick is also the answer for now and the future. He probably wont start at first. I think Edmunds starts the year starting before Sydney Brown eventually takes it and then owns it for over decade winning multiple rings in Philly.

Jake Elliott is the most understated Kicker in the league. Has made nothing but clutch kicks in both regular season but also post season and multiple Super Bowls. Still young. Decades of greatness from Jake Elliott. He will play 20+ years for the Eagles and make the Hall of Fame off of it. The best up and coming HC in the league.

No but some of their posters are

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are now trying way too hard to become a target.

Then all you have left is to complain to the mods and talk about the "good of the board"

You shitheads can't get out of your own way.

Targets..
LoL...just like in the real world.

It should be fun

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really it's Andy Reid and the Chiefs. They have been one of the best teams for 5 years and just because they don't have a running game and don't have much of a defense they never are Super Bowl favorites, but they've won 2 and been to 3.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost everything that I hear is the Eagles probably have the best roster in the league. Hard to be disrespected with that. You have to be next-level soft to bitch about having only the majority of the media liking your team most instead of all of it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best OL by a mile for many years running now. The rest is in large part a result of a great OL. As long as the OL stays somewhat healthy when it matters they should be in the mix as long as Hurts isn't forced to do too much in the air. Let's see how losing a bunch of free agents they couldn't afford impacts them going forward. If the draft picks of not just this year but the last couple years step up (good chance a bunch of them will but I have a feeling Dean never becomes a good player) the free agents should all be replaceable. I also think Howie adds another starting type player (maybe via trade) before week 1.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best OL by a mile for many years running now. The rest is just a result of a great OL. As long as the OL stays somewhat healthy when it matters they should be in the mix as long as Hurts isn't forced to do too much in the air. Let's see how losing a bunch of free agents the couldn't afford impacts them going forward. If the draft picks of not just this year but the last couple years step up the free agents should all be replaceable.
I think they got better at DT with Hargrove moving on. Hargrove wanted to rush the passer on every play and that left them susceptible vs the run.

The key to the OL is Stoudtland, the best in the business as an OL coach. As long as he is there, the Eagles will have a plus unit. Dickerson was damaged goods when he was drafted unable to stay on the field at Alabama. Jordan Mailotta was a rugby player and a 7th round draft pick. He turned both of them into one of the best at their positions.

The Eagles have seriously upgraded the quality of their offensive skill people as well in recent years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got better at DT with Hargrove moving on. Hargrove wanted to rush the passer on every play and that left them susceptible vs the run.

The key to the OL is Stoudtland, the best in the business as an OL coach. As long as he is there, the Eagles will have a plus unit. Dickerson was damaged goods when he was drafted unable to stay on the field at Alabama. Jordan Mailotta was a rugby player and a 7th round draft pick. He turned both of them into one of the best at their positions.

The Eagles have seriously upgraded the quality of their offensive skill people as well in recent years.
If the kids are what they were drafted to be that could certainly be the case. But as we sit here today that's an if. If I had to guess I'd say I agree, but not sure about this year. Could take a couple.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only 2 areas that are not at least top 15 in the league, with a third that is pending health. Safety and MLB are where they are weakest. Pending Swift health RB could land in a wide range. Behind that oline if Swift stays healthy people will be viewing him as top 5-10 in the league.

Miles Sanders is in for a very rude awakening.

Every other part of the roster is awesome.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the kids are what they were drafted to be that could certainly be the case. But as we sit here today that's an if. If I had to guess I'd say I agree, but not sure about this year. Could take a couple.
They don’t need great pass rush numbers out of the DT spot with the change in coordinators. Gannon never employed a NASCAR package with 4 DEs all along the front on obvious pass downs. But from what I read about Desai, he’s used that in other stops. Brandon Graham is perfect for that role now and I think Sweat’s size makes him a good candidate inside as well for that package. I just need Jordan Davis to eat up blockers and keep LBs clean. Jalen Carter I’m treating in year 1 as anything he gives them is a bonus. The Niners won’t suffer vs the run with Hargraves because they invest in Lb unlike the Eagles. Those guys don’t need to be kept clean to make plays. Eagles LB personnel last year…not so much.

Would still feel better about this year if the Eagles used their 12-14 in cap space to get a vet LB and a vet S to help provide depth at those positions.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 areas that are not at least top 15 in the league, with a third that is pending health. Safety and MLB are where they are weakest. Pending Swift health RB could land in a wide range. Behind that oline if Swift stays healthy people will be viewing him as top 5-10 in the league.

Miles Sanders is in for a very rude awakening.

Every other part of the roster is awesome.
Agree on S and LB. In fact, you ninjaed me in calling out those two positions. We disagree on RB. Even if Swift doesn’t play a snap, I think they’re fine there. Gainwell was their best back in the playoffs and if given the chance could be a 3 down back. Outside of Swift he’s the best receiver they have outside of the backfield. Penny is another guy with injury history. If they get one player out of Swift/Penny because of injury, they still have Boston Scott who isn’t flashy but has been productive when given the chance. And to echo @jarntt ’s comments, the run game in Philly is more about the OL and I will add the fact that the defense has to account for Hurts keep on all run action. It’s the NFL though and shit can get weird. They can lose 3 of these dudes to injury at the same time. That chance is rare but not as rare as most teams because of the injury history of Swift and Penny.

There are some solid names out there on the RB market in Dalvin Cook and Josh Jacobs (through trade) but I would rather they invest on vets on the other side of the ball.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on S and LB. In fact, you ninjaed me in calling out those two positions. We disagree on RB. Even if Swift doesn’t play a snap, I think they’re fine there. Gainwell was their best back in the playoffs and if given the chance could be a 3 down back. Outside of Swift he’s the best receiver they have outside of the backfield. Penny is another guy with injury history. If they get one player out of Swift/Penny because of injury, they still have Boston Scott who isn’t flashy but has been productive when given the chance. And to echo @jarntt ’s comments, the run game in Philly is more about the OL and I will add the fact that the defense has to account for Hurts keep on all run action. It’s the NFL though and shit can get weird. They can lose 3 of these dudes to injury at the same time. That chance is rare but not as rare as most teams because of the injury history of Swift and Penny.

There are some solid names out there on the RB market in Dalvin Cook and Josh Jacobs (through trade) but I would rather they invest on vets on the other side of the ball.
Does that mean your rbs are good, or your oline is the best in the league. I agree completely that any back is going to be their best selves behind that, and with Hurts the Eagles will be near the top of the league in rushing. I just think Swift is the one back you have that can be truly elite.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean your rbs are good, or your oline is the best in the league. I agree completely that any back is going to be their best selves behind that, and with Hurts the Eagles will be near the top of the league in rushing. I just think Swift is the one back you have that can be truly elite.
Agree with that but would add Penny to that list IF he can stay healthy. But Swift is the guy with the ability to turn a good play into a great play. Oddly enough, Swift may also be their best back in pass pro. That’s the area that keeps Gainwell from being their every day back. He’s not a liability there persay but he’s not a great pass protector either.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with that but would add Penny to that list IF he can stay healthy. But Swift is the guy with the ability to turn a good play into a great play. Oddly enough, Swift may also be their best back in pass pro. That’s the area that keeps Gainwell from being their every day back. He’s not a liability there persay but he’s not a great pass protector either.
I just hope CGJ is really as good as he seemed, and not just a product of Eagles D.

Then again, Lions season depends on second half of Goff season not being a fluke, but who he is now. So probably does not matter so much....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are the Eagles?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope CGJ is really as good as he seemed, and not just a product of Eagles D.

Then again, Lions season depends on second half of Goff season not being a fluke, but who he is now. So probably does not matter so much....
He’s just a football player. He’s got a nose for the football and a great cover guy. I think he’s best utilized in a hybrid type of position that uses a lot of disguise. He can play the slot corner role, he can play deep half safety, he can come up and blitz or tackle. I like him a lot. I’m bummed that the Eagles couldn’t get something worked out. I think you guys are really going to like him. He may be tough to resign. He seems to have an inflated view of his value. In fairness to him, his greatest value lies in a creativity that doesn’t pigeon hole him into a traditional role. That can hurt a guy’s value on the open market.