• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles open 2024 regular season in Brazil

Who will be Eagles opponent in Brazil from their home schedule?

• Dallas Cowboys

• NY Giants

• Washington Commanders

• Atlanta Falcons

• Carolina Panthers (International game in Munich already)

• Green Bay Packers

• Cleveland Browns

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Jacksonville Jaguars (International game in London already)

Results are only viewable after voting.
North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles open the season the Friday Sept 5th after opening game on Thursday in São Paulo, Brazil at Corinthians Arena.

NFL announces Eagles as designated team for Brazil game

"The Eagles organization is honored to have been selected to play in the first-ever National Football League game in South America," said Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles chairman and chief executive officer. "With the global growth of our sport being a top priority to our league, we embrace the opportunity to grow our fanbase around the world and bring Eagles football to the 38 million sports fans in Brazil.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have Thursday/Friday NFL football to open the season.

Assume they picked the Friday so teams back in States by Sunday and can have "regular preparation week" for 2nd regular season game.

My assumption at this point will be Falcons or Browns
  • Do not think will give Carolina or Jacksonville 2nd international game in different country
  • Do not think they would make it a divisional game... especially the Cowboys (think home fans would be pissed)
  • Do not think it will be Steelers or Packers... big draws for visiting fans... but then again, I doubt Eagles have issues selling out, so maybe the organization says these games can be moved and NFL likes having one of these opponents with Eagles on big stage

Also read eslewhere every NFL team now has to play international game every 4 years.

The NFL already plays international games in England and Germany and could be targeting Spain in 2025 as owners passed a resolution in the fall compelling each team to play an international game once every four years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles chairman and chief executive officer. "With the global growth of our sport being a top priority to our league, we embrace the opportunity to grow our fanbase around the world and bring Eagles football to the 38 million sports fans in Brazil.
"Fuck America and Fuck You."

Typical.

Disgusting.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose a home game....

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I‘m not a big fan of the international games, at least this one will be on at night and not early in the morning like the European games are. They are adding way too many international games to the NFL.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like they wouldn't put a divisional game here, or against a playoff team, although all but the Falcons game is against playoff teams. (of those teams that don't already have an international game)

So I'll predict it will be the Falcons.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC gets the extra 'home' game next year, so this is fine. A little surprised it wasn't a Sun-Belt city that went to Brazil first as the home team. Makes me think they'll put the Falcons in there or another Southern team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I‘m not a big fan of the international games, at least this one will be on at night and not early in the morning like the European games are. They are adding way too many international games to the NFL.
No, they don't have enough! It's a top priority!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Jags are volunteering for that payday.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like they wouldn't put a divisional game here, or against a playoff team, although all but the Falcons game is against playoff teams. (of those teams that don't already have an international game)

So I'll predict it will be the Falcons.
I wouldn't rule out the Commanders. Altho it's a divisional matchup, the game likely won't be considered crucial due to the Commanders standings last season. And there's the chance that a rookie QB (possibly hometown lad Williams?) will be starting for them, which could garner added attention.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rule out the Commanders. Altho it's a divisional matchup, the game likely won't be considered crucial due to the Commanders standings last season. And there's the chance that a rookie QB (possibly hometown lad Williams?) will be starting for them, which could garner added attention.
I think the reason they may stay away from a divisional opponent in these international games isn't because the Commanders pose the threat in the division, but if there are two teams in the same division with the same record at seasons end, I believe a tiebreaker is their records in division. If one team had to give up a division home game, it may be considered a disadvantage in that scenario.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to put that stupid fucking name in an international game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC gets the extra 'home' game next year, so this is fine. A little surprised it wasn't a Sun-Belt city that went to Brazil first as the home team. Makes me think they'll put the Falcons in there or another Southern team.

Unsure Brazil cares much about "sunbelt" teams... it is not like States very close.

Below list from Brazil site of most popular NFL teams in Brazil.

Based on living in Argentina (next door)... not too suprised of names of teams on list (maybe order). Have friends, coworkers and know some others... that and based on seeing "jerseys" on the street I think that list is pretty good of the more popular teams here in Argentina.

Probably like those that follow leagues in Europe for soccer... top teams and players sell and are more popular abroad.

Do have 1 friend that is big Falcons fan here... he picked team not to be bandwagon fan over decade ago. He was not in mood to talk after Super Bowl LI (28-3). For him really wanted Falcons to win that one.

List from June 2023:
1707241761001.png

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsure Brazil cares much about "sunbelt" teams... it is not like States very close.

Below list from Brazil site of most popular NFL teams in Brazil.

Based on living in Argentina (next door)... not too suprised of names of teams on list (maybe order). Have friends, coworkers and know some others... that and based on seeing "jerseys" on the street I think that list is pretty good of the more popular teams here in Argentina.

Probably like those that follow leagues in Europe for soccer... top teams and players sell and are more popular abroad.

Do have 1 friend that is big Falcons fan here... he picked team not to be bandwagon fan over decade ago. He was not in mood to talk after Super Bowl LI (28-3). For him really wanted Falcons to win that one.

List from June 2023:
View attachment 353591
With that kind of fan base in Brazil, I would be shocked if it isn't the Packers now.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should NOT be the Redskins. With the change of ownership and removal of the Snyder crew, this would be the first game with the new team and new staff. Fans deserve every opportunity to see their new team's first game, even if it's an away game at Philly, it's not much of a distance to drive.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh! Do you suppose they'll block broadcast TV and only show it on Peacock?
The Russians will have it for us for free. The only country that cares about the American people.