• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you do with Purdy if you are the 49ers?

What would you do with Purdy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy has already done enough in the League to get a huge extension or be given the franchise tag when the rookie deal is done.

The Niners probably going to find out soon that Purdy has a ton of leverage.

Purdy could easily force the issue by holding out. He would be stupid to not hold out after guiding the Niners to the Superbowl. I think Purdy needs to be paid

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy has already done enough in the League to get a huge extension or be given the franchise tag when the rookie deal is done.

Purdy could easily force the issue by holding out. He would be stupid to not hold out after guiding the Niners to the Superbowl. I think Purdy needs to be paid
It's been mentioned already, but A hold out this offseason would accomplish nothing b/c by league rules, the niners can't extend Purdy until AFTER the 2024 season. Whether he holds out or not, he can't get an extension this offseason.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but the CBA specifically blocks this. The 49ers could agree a deal anyway and see how the NFL responds. The NFL could block a deal which could cause a PR backlash if Purdy sits. Alternatively the NFL could allow a deal and punish the 49ers by withdrawing a Draft pick. Best guess is no new deal and Purdy plays.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer seems simple, address this after the season at the earliest and ride out the cap advantage as long as you can without alienating your QB.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just sayin' if it was a choice between the two I'd take Love, though I admit it'd be close...
I'd still go with Purdy but that's more of a case that I need to see more of Love and see him do it in the playoffs.

Purdy at least now has some history of being clutch in the playoffs and while he wasn't perfect in the SB his last 3 drives were go-ahead scoring drives so he did put the team in a position to win.

If Love shows more clutch in the playoffs I could see him edging out Purdy though. It's just that playoff Packers and 9ers playoff match Love didn't do a whole lot in the 2nd half and Purdy did what needed to be done when it absolutely was needed.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still go with Purdy but that's more of a case that I need to see more of Love and see him do it in the playoffs.

Purdy at least now has some history of being clutch in the playoffs and while he wasn't perfect in the SB his last 3 drives were go-ahead scoring drives so he did put the team in a position to win.

If Love shows more clutch in the playoffs I could see him edging out Purdy though. It's just that playoff Packers and 9ers playoff match Love didn't do a whole lot in the 2nd half and Purdy did what needed to be done when it absolutely was needed.
I agree with most of that, though you have to admit that the 9ers were also more stacked on both sides than the Packers. I think that's also a factor...

If the teams were "more equal" in terms of their overall personnel it might've made a difference. Course we'll never know...