• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if you did a marvel reset:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no plan for a reset... this is a hypothetical thread....

when the first Iron man movie came out in 2008 the Marvel Cinematic universe did not own all Marvel products... especially X-Men and Spiderman

if you can start the universe new, and own ALL products.... What would your first 10 movies be??

Mine in order

1. Captain America- Never liked him, but he is needed for the avengers, and he needs to be OUT OF TIME

2. Fantastic 4- The most important comics in the Marvel universe... it is the centerpiece of the universe, and most of the major villains are fantastic 4 villains first

3. Ant Man- Hank Pym is one of the most important characters in the marvel universe,

4. X-Men- here we do a break from the avengers growth, and bring in Mutants and expand the universe

5. Iron man- Most important part of the avengers...

6. Hulk-

7. Spider Man

8. Fantastic 4 sequel

9. DareDevil-

10. Avengers- Thor does not need a movie, just a good introduction(most of his introduction is already mythological anyway, so most know it already)

I still start with iron man because marvel did the research and saw that he was the number one commonality in their most popular stories

The question is how many origin movies do you need?

Unless you’re making major changes to it, I’d get by with a quick origin and then jump ahead to established iron man (or whoever) story

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant start with punisher... he is just revenge ****... you need a universe first before even attemting him... unless he is stand alone...

Blade, similar to punisher is too much in his own story, he is either stand alone, or wait for the universe to be built...

F4, any smart reset would have in the top 5... if not first or second

Captain marvel can not be brought in until at least the sequel of F4, you need the Skrulls and Kree first...

Agree with all of this

They’re all too myopic

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist I get about Captain Marvel in the comics is that some dude was Captain Marvel and he died and she picked up the mantle. I guess that begs the question: what would a strong female super hero look like in today's era? Because the MCU really needs one to reboot the whole thing and leave the issues that recent movies have had behind.

Don’t kill the OG

Problem solved

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i base my knowledge from the spiderman cartoons in the 1990s,

She was a scientist, worked with a man who was really a Kree, Named Mar-vel... when he died he gave his powers to her to protect her...
So…

She needed a man’s powers to protect little defensive her.

That wouldn’t work in todays mindset…

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not super familiar with Captain Marvel in the comics or non-MCU media, so maybe there is more to her than what the MCU has shown, but Earths Mightiest Avengers portrayed her similarly.

Ultimately, yes, it is a writer problem. But the character herself was a product of writers, so…

Superman was created in a different age. Readers wanted a larger than life “savior”. The world was coming out of the Great War and entering the Depression. A beacon was what was in demand. But as time passed, and comics migrated from simple 4-panel blurbs to actual works of literature, the focus moved away from Superman and settled more on Clark Kent (similar to how “SHAZAM” was actually more about Billy Batson than Captain Marvel).

True

And it’s caused confusion, continuity issues, and bad stories (IE lois)

Need it established and set something solid

Dc letting tv drive so much hurt as well

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

I love it just for that reason lol

It’s too fantastic not to run with

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…

yes and no... it wasnt like she was weak... it was just that he was an alien, and they were being attacked by aliens... but she was still seen to be a strong Indepedent woman...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still start with iron man because marvel did the research and saw that he was the number one commonality in their most popular stories

The question is how many origin movies do you need?

Unless you’re making major changes to it, I’d get by with a quick origin and then jump ahead to established iron man (or whoever) story

is that research true?? or was it that they did not own Fantastic 4 and X-men... and both were rebooted a couple times before the universe was started??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant start with punisher... he is just revenge ****... you need a universe first before even attemting him... unless he is stand alone...

Blade, similar to punisher is too much in his own story, he is either stand alone, or wait for the universe to be built...

F4, any smart reset would have in the top 5... if not first or second

Captain marvel can not be brought in until at least the sequel of F4, you need the Skrulls and Kree first...
F4 being the first in a lot of ways makes sense. Skrulls and Kree, like you say.

Punisher wouldn't be entirely stand alone as I think he could be a vehicle to Nick Fury and that gets you to Avengers. Just lower stakes which to me sounds like a 'do it early' kind of thing.

Blade and Punisher would both build a 'Marvel Knights' universe. Kingpin, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Jigsaw...lots to work with there.

I do think Captain Marvel is the one Im least sure about. Maybe just do Gamora in space with a younger actress and make her Ahsoka Tano-like in the MCU.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F4 being the first in a lot of ways makes sense. Skrulls and Kree, like you say.

Punisher wouldn't be entirely stand alone as I think he could be a vehicle to Nick Fury and that gets you to Avengers. Just lower stakes which to me sounds like a 'do it early' kind of thing.

Blade and Punisher would both build a 'Marvel Knights' universe. Kingpin, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Jigsaw...lots to work with there.

I do think Captain Marvel is the one Im least sure about. Maybe just do Gamora in space with a younger actress and make her Ahsoka Tano-like in the MCU.

starting with DareDevil then makes more sense over punisher... Punisher could be brought in in DareDevil... But DareDevil was always a top 5 Marvel Product...

and wouldnt be a stand alone...

the way i like to look at things is who has the best rogue Gallery, and whose rogues are used vs other superheroes...

DareDevil, Fantastic 4, Spiderman and X-Men are the best 4 rogues in Marvel comics...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as you outline a new MCU, you need to START with mapping the F4, Avengers and X-Men. Those are the major leagues, and you need to make sure their individual stories don’t step on each other, and that there is appropriate overlap. Even if you don’t intend to address Apocalypse until the 15th movie (or whenever), you need to (at least behind the scenes) acknowledge that he has existed for thousands of years, and not write origin stories that would break that fact. Maybe have some kind of ancient crossover movie with Apocalypse, Thor and the Eternals? But have it where Apocalypse is actually the “good guy” fighting off the alien intruders invading his planet. Maybe have him work with the Black Panther of the time. Cable?? There are lots of possibilities.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as you outline a new MCU, you need to START with mapping the F4, Avengers and X-Men. Those are the major leagues, and you need to make sure their individual stories don’t step on each other, and that there is appropriate overlap. Even if you don’t intend to address Apocalypse until the 15th movie (or whenever), you need to (at least behind the scenes) acknowledge that he has existed for thousands of years, and not write origin stories that would break that fact. Maybe have some kind of ancient crossover movie with Apocalypse, Thor and the Eternals? But have it where Apocalypse is actually the “good guy” fighting off the alien intruders invading his planet. Maybe have him work with the Black Panther of the time. Cable?? There are lots of possibilities.

that movie wouldnt even be top 20.... would be interesting though...

i am sure i left things out on my first 10 movies, but i think i did exactly what you said... mapped everything out... the only movie that didnt belong really is DareDevil and Spiderman... but thats ok... they are still 2 of the most popular products... and you can tie them in somehow...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d sneak in apocalypse Easter eggs that acknowledge his existence

But Spider-Man and xmen have been marvels top properties for a while so maybe you lead with them

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am sure i left things out on my first 10 movies, but i think i did exactly what you said... mapped everything out... the only movie that didnt belong really is DareDevil and Spiderman... but thats ok... they are still 2 of the most popular products... and you can tie them in somehow...
Having a stand alone Spidey movie is not a bad idea to do early. You could bring DD into it as a kind of mentor or something. Most stand alone movies have another major character as a sub team up anyway, so having the first Spidey movie being a Spidey/DD team up actually seems kinda fun.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can tie Spiderman into everything at this point. Certainly Peter but probably Miles, too.

I think I'd probably keep DareDevil in the Marvel Knights zone personally. Maybe X-men crossover

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tie Spiderman into everything at this point. Certainly Peter but probably Miles, too.

I think I'd probably keep DareDevil in the Marvel Knights zone personally. Maybe X-men crossover

right... Hulk and Spidey are best friends...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spidey is, at his core, a NYC street-level hero. He just has galactic-level powers. Starting him with the street level guys and letting him grow into the Avengers or the F4 seems like a natural growth pattern.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter….only

No Pansy sjw affirmative action Spider-Man

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spidey is, at his core, a NYC street-level hero. He just has galactic-level powers. Starting him with the street level guys and letting him grow into the Avengers or the F4 seems like a natural growth pattern.

But he can work with any nyc based characters

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he can work with any nyc based characters
Of course.

But start him as the ”intern” at Hero’s for Hire, or something like that. I could see Cage getting frustrated with this annoying brat who always wants to go out helping people.