• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disney CEO Pushes Back Against Idea of Superhero Fatigue, Says Movies Just Weren't Good Enough

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is the complaint that the princesses are capable on their own without needing some prince to come and rescue them?
No? Its funny that you suggest that because manic pixie dream girl term I used is exactly just that. Its just that they've eliminated the male lead from the equation so its just the manic pixie dream girl rescuing themselves. Except for Tangled. Thats pretty 50/50 and everything in that movie's script is super tight.

I think part of the reason they all act like they are on speed half of the time is because the lip sync is probably easier when mouths are moving quickly and Disney movies are made for multiple languages.

But if you want to actually talk about the portrayal the female characters I'm all for it. The GIANT eyes isn't a realistic look for women at all and they dont draw the men the same way. A lot of the male characters have bulbous noses, too, and I think many of the male characters are intentionally a bit ugly so they can promote the princess' looks more.