• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Gunn's DC Universe

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about this. I hate that falcon is the new captain America. Thought Bucky should have been.
Bucky would make more sense. But really, the “new” Cap should have been the guy the US government named (forget his name). He is a complete farce when compared to the original. Make him Captain America, but make the entire character a kind of “Boys” take on the character. THAT would make sense. Steve Rogers was originally selected for the program of of his personality. Not because of his physical prowess. Removing Rogers from the equation, by definition, perverts the very existence of the character.

Bucky is Winter Soldier. Bucky, when trying to deal with his own demons, is becoming White Wolf. That all makes sense. He is dealing with his own shit and doing his own thing. Making him Cap just doesn’t make sense for the character.

Grayson became Night Wing as he was dealing his own shit. Being Bruce’s adoptive son, being Batman’s assistant, all fucked with his identity. Watching Bruce throw someone else into the Robin suit added to his problems with his identity. Night wing was a well thought out, well written progression of the character.

Aqua Lad is a joke sidekick of a joke character that has never gotten any traction. Why haven’t the woke-ites fought to re-cast that character with their own representation? Because the character sucks ass.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky would make more sense. But really, the “new” Cap should have been the guy the US government named (forget his name). He is a complete farce when compared to the original. Make him Captain America, but make the entire character a kind of “Boys” take on the character. THAT would make sense. Steve Rogers was originally selected for the program of of his personality. Not because of his physical prowess. Removing Rogers from the equation, by definition, perverts the very existence of the character.

Bucky is Winter Soldier. Bucky, when trying to deal with his own demons, is becoming White Wolf. That all makes sense. He is dealing with his own shit and doing his own thing. Making him Cap just doesn’t make sense for the character.

Grayson became Night Wing as he was dealing his own shit. Being Bruce’s adoptive son, being Batman’s assistant, all fucked with his identity. Watching Bruce throw someone else into the Robin suit added to his problems with his identity. Night wing was a well thought out, well written progression of the character.

Aqua Lad is a joke sidekick of a joke character that has never gotten any traction. Why haven’t the woke-ites fought to re-cast that character with their own representation? Because the character sucks ass.

Oh they did

He’s gay now

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to not bring in politics in entertainment forum. But this is not the same.

Damn!!! Can I say this. You guys think that comics not just marvel are getting too woke. But you also say this about all of entertainment industry. So let me ask you, is there any difference?? Can’t you just accept that we live in a more woke society right now. One day it will balance out. But are we really going to cry(general statement) every time something happens???

There's no "crying" (or it dies down quickly) when they create good stories. One example is Spider-Man into the Spiderverse. A common criticism of Miles Morales' comics is that he's just a race swapped Peter Parker, with the same superhero name, operating in the same city, with same basic powers, and he even fights the same rogue gallery for the most part. From what I've seen, he was just a lazy attempt at gaining woke points.

But then, Sony released "Into the Spiderverse", which is one of the best comic book movies ever, and basically nobody complained about Miles on it. Movies / shows can make "woke" points, but what matters is the stories being told. If they keep doing lazy stupid judgmental crap, they'll keep losing money.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I accept stupidity?

Consumers should push back so reality and common sense come back
We're talking comics books here

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone has ever claimed this is restricted to comic movies. It is Hollywood-wide. Heck, it is pop-culture-wide. I have theories as to why this is, and there is no smoke-filled room anywhere in my theory. It just is, based on evolution, essentially.

De-evolution

It’s a regression

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comic books were always keen to attract/expand their fan base, They also quite often took inspiration from current events and changing trends. "Woke" seems just another page

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone only reading the URL/headline: this isn't real.
It didn’t seem real. I saw it from other sources, but it would be suicide for Superman movies. It would be the worst casting ever.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Henry Cavill was an awesome superman I think both Batman and Superman should be older so actors in their late 30s early 40s would be ideal I think.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Henry Cavill was an awesome superman I think both Batman and Superman should be older so actors in their late 30s early 40s would be ideal I think.

Cavil was great

Hell Brandon routh was a fine superman and was basically the only good part of Superman returns

Affleck was too old.

He’s supposed to closer to Superman’s age

Obviously that would gap over time as Superman stops aging like a normal human

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavil was great

Hell Brandon routh was a fine superman and was basically the only good part of Superman returns

Affleck was too old.

He’s supposed to closer to Superman’s age

Obviously that would gap over time as Superman stops aging like a normal human

i cant imagine casting Superman will ever be hard... the good looking and good shape is not hard to find for hollywood... and it is common place convert models into acting...

batman is probably the hardest superhero to cast... even though he should be wearing a mask for at least half the movie....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant imagine casting Superman will ever be hard... the good looking and good shape is not hard to find for hollywood... and it is common place convert models into acting...

batman is probably the hardest superhero to cast... even though he should be wearing a mask for at least half the movie....
I’m not sure why they have different universes instead of just making it Gunn’s. Pattinson was a solid Batman, so just keep him and go from there. There should’ve kept Cavil cause I think it is going to be harder than you think to get a Superman. It will take probably 2 full Superman appearances in movies for everyone to identify and like the new or accept the new Superman, and in case they didn’t realize, they don’t have a lot time to make sure the movies can be massively profitable or go the Black Adam route.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why they have different universes instead of just making it Gunn’s. Pattinson was a solid Batman, so just keep him and go from there. There should’ve kept Cavil cause I think it is going to be harder than you think to get a Superman. It will take probably 2 full Superman appearances in movies for everyone to identify and like the new or accept the new Superman, and in case they didn’t realize, they don’t have a lot time to make sure the movies can be massively profitable or go the Black Adam route.

The problem with keeping cavil is that they will be pigeonholed into the previous Superman character. By changing then Gunn can do whatever he wants with Superman. If he has a vision let it play out?? If the Superman movies were great in the first place we wouldn’t be having this need for Gunn anyway.

With that said, I don’t think wonder woman or aqua man needs to change. As starting over with them makes no sense since they are not as important. Sure wonder woman is part of the big 3. But her movies are just not as common place And Wonder Woman movies already had a different feel than the others. It was lighter. While the others were darker.

I think we can keep those without ruining this new project.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattison's (like Bale's before) is supposed to be a "realistic" universe. That goes out of the window once you add super powerful aliens, gods, underwater civilizations and the like.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pattison's (like Bale's before) is supposed to be a "realistic" universe. That goes out of the window once you add super powerful aliens, gods, underwater civilizations and the like.
Not really. You can add all of the other more Superman villains. Pattinson’s Batman is a more realistic version of the comics I ever read, but the villains were still comic book villains. It played the Riddler dark, but it can play every villain dark. IMO that has been the entire problem with DC movies, is they are trying to be Marvel. Keaton’s and Bale’s Batman and Reeve’s Superman IMO were 10 times better than any Marvel movie character, just once Marvel hit its stride with their B squad movies DC tried going all Marvel. MOS was an average movie but they did nothing to follow it up. Once Ironman came out, Marvel had what like 4 movies in production?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. You can add all of the other more Superman villains. Pattinson’s Batman is a more realistic version of the comics I ever read, but the villains were still comic book villains. It played the Riddler dark, but it can play every villain dark. IMO that has been the entire problem with DC movies, is they are trying to be Marvel. Keaton’s and Bale’s Batman and Reeve’s Superman IMO were 10 times better than any Marvel movie character, just once Marvel hit its stride with their B squad movies DC tried going all Marvel. MOS was an average movie but they did nothing to follow it up. Once Ironman came out, Marvel had what like 4 movies in production?

I think MoS was wildly underrated.

It got these little details right like the breathing issue. I adored it.

But the ending was very marvel