• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Gunn's DC Universe

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MoS was wildly underrated.

It got these little details right like the breathing issue. I adored it.

But the ending was very marvel
MoS I do think was an average movie, I could say above average if it was the actual opening of a universe like I’m assuming was the plan but they didn’t do shit after it. No sequel, no Batman movie no anything except the BvS which was just dumb because they tried fitting 3 movies into one.

IMO they made MoS then said oh shit Marvel is making more money. They should’ve made MoS and have Wonder Woman come out the next spring, then obviously chose a different Batman then have it come out that fall then BvS. I won’t pretend to know shit about the Snyderverse but I liked his Justice League (even though it was way too long and wouldn’t have worked at all) but either he didn’t understand how to make a universe or Warner didn’t know how to make a universe. They either needed to make them quicker like Marvel or spread them out but actually make good movies which they didn’t.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MoS I do think was an average movie, I could say above average if it was the actual opening of a universe like I’m assuming was the plan but they didn’t do shit after it. No sequel, no Batman movie no anything except the BvS which was just dumb because they tried fitting 3 movies into one.

IMO they made MoS then said oh shit Marvel is making more money. They should’ve made MoS and have Wonder Woman come out the next spring, then obviously chose a different Batman then have it come out that fall then BvS. I won’t pretend to know shit about the Snyderverse but I liked his Justice League (even though it was way too long and wouldn’t have worked at all) but either he didn’t understand how to make a universe or Warner didn’t know how to make a universe. They either needed to make them quicker like Marvel or spread them out but actually make good movies which they didn’t.

I agree with most of that.

Especially BvS which is based on the most overrated comic of all time

I thought JL was very similar to the first avengers movie

Yes, DC’s lack of plan was apparent and should’ve just done it right the first time

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of that.

Especially BvS which is based on the most overrated comic of all time

I thought JL was very similar to the first avengers movie

Yes, DC’s lack of plan was apparent and should’ve just done it right the first time

its a good thing DC is starting new though... a actually really good... depending on if they do it right or not... but the marvel movies almost all being family friendly has grown the younger generation into marvel fans...

superman and batman are supposed to be the most popular superheroes but they are not even close right now...

if they do a more campy superman movie - similar to the Christopher Reeves tone, then it could really be huge...

IMO, the way to start is to use the Brainiac origin for superman and Kandor... this would tie in supergirl very nicely... so you can not only grow superman but you can have supergirl movies that make sense too for the future, when it is time to do so...

I do think wonder woman is the only origin DC movie that did it right and doesn't need a new one any time soon... aqua man doesn't need a restart either because it is aqua man... just not as popular...

my question is whether the upcoming flash and blue beetle movies will be part of this DC universe??

I am actually very excited for BB. I think his origin is one of the most interesting in the DC universe...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good thing DC is starting new though... a actually really good... depending on if they do it right or not... but the marvel movies almost all being family friendly has grown the younger generation into marvel fans...

superman and batman are supposed to be the most popular superheroes but they are not even close right now...

if they do a more campy superman movie - similar to the Christopher Reeves tone, then it could really be huge...

IMO, the way to start is to use the Brainiac origin for superman and Kandor... this would tie in supergirl very nicely... so you can not only grow superman but you can have supergirl movies that make sense too for the future, when it is time to do so...

I do think wonder woman is the only origin DC movie that did it right and doesn't need a new one any time soon... aqua man doesn't need a restart either because it is aqua man... just not as popular...

my question is whether the upcoming flash and blue beetle movies will be part of this DC universe??

I am actually very excited for BB. I think his origin is one of the most interesting in the DC universe...

You can have lex Luthor be in every superman movie as well in some form.

He’s always an antagonist, even if not the main one.

An ever felt presence in metropolis

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have lex Luthor be in every superman movie as well in some form.

He’s always an antagonist, even if not the main one.

An ever felt presence in metropolis

Again. I think it is a good thing to restart. It’s messy due to the new Batman movies.

I actually don’t get why they can’t use this new Batman. Sure it’s more realistic. But not every movie needs to have the same feel. Even if it is in the same universe.

Don’t know who the next superman will be. But I don’t worry about that casting. Especially if it has a lighter feel.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. I think it is a good thing to restart. It’s messy due to the new Batman movies.

I actually don’t get why they can’t use this new Batman. Sure it’s more realistic. But not every movie needs to have the same feel. Even if it is in the same universe.

Don’t know who the next superman will be. But I don’t worry about that casting. Especially if it has a lighter feel.

I haven’t seen the new Batman but I can’t fathom this was good casting

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masterful idea for Gunn to do that. It brings the fan into his family room, so to speak, and says, in effect, “look, we all know DC has been a shitshow. But trust ME. I love the material and I am working on a plan to bring you something big, organized, and FUN.“

He wants to be the Favreau/Filoni of DC.

Well done, Gunn.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Botello (btllrb74_) said:
James I’m seriously confused. How is Viola Davis still playing Amanda Waller?
Aren’t you rebooting the DCEU 100%? That includes peacemaker , the whole suicide squad and the Snyder Verse.
Like you said Robert Pattinson’s Batman & Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker is else-worlds story.

James Gunn said:
@btllrb74_ Nope. Flash resets many things, not all things. Some characters remain the same some do not.

n6awltx63qfa1.jpg

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get what they are trying to do.

If The Flash resets everything, what happens to Aquaman which will be released after The Flash? Or Blue Beetle? It will be more difficult to accept Henry Cavill's exit from the franchise if a bunch of other characters from the Snyderverse remain.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunns speech was a real mixed bag. Some things sound good. Some choice sound terrible to me.

Either way, even with bad choices it will be improved just by having 1 hand guiding things.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunns speech was a real mixed bag. Some things sound good. Some choice sound terrible to me.

Either way, even with bad choices it will be improved just by having 1 hand guiding things.

They did have one hand guiding things when the DCEU started: Zach Snyder.

Too bad that he sucks at storytelling. Lets hope that James Gunn can do a better job.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad that he sucks at storytelling. Lets hope that James Gunn can do a better job.
Snyder had constant meddling with his as well. We can't really know how he would have done on his own

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get what they are trying to do.

If The Flash resets everything, what happens to Aquaman which will be released after The Flash? Or Blue Beetle? It will be more difficult to accept Henry Cavill's exit from the franchise if a bunch of other characters from the Snyderverse remain.

Yeah I would think if you’re gonna do this it’s gotta start with flash, or flash starts it’s movie before those movies (timeline wise) and the reset happens mid movie

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The authority sound like the superhero’s we need but don’t deserve today

I’m gonna have to read up on them

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justice league and man of steel are both Wildly underrated

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice league and man of steel are both Wildly underrated

I really like MoS, but it still has many problems.

Same with JL Snyder Cut.

And... BvS really sucks, it's a really terrible movie, and it sucking resulted in the whole mismanaged mess that was the DCEU.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like MoS, but it still has many problems.

Same with JL Snyder Cut.

And... BvS really sucks, it's a really terrible movie, and it sucking resulted in the whole mismanaged mess that was the DCEU.

Can’t argue with that last part

But I was never a fan of the source material for it anyway