• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Gunn's DC Universe

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did have one hand guiding things when the DCEU started: Zach Snyder.

Too bad that he sucks at storytelling. Lets hope that James Gunn can do a better job.
Well we never saw the whole vision of Snyder. They weren’t terrible movies, they just went the Avengers but DC shouldn’t be like Marvel.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we never saw the whole vision of Snyder. They weren’t terrible movies, they just went the Avengers but DC shouldn’t be like Marvel.

I agree. They basically marvelized dc

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MoS was fine, I'm a fan. It's flawed, and its flaws are frustrating, but I appreciate most of what Snyder was trying to do, including a more "realist" grittier universe.

But BvS, the second DCEU movie, is terrible. It's so bad that it alone destroyed the universe and it never recovered. WB were a terrible studio prone to overreact, and BvS forced them to completely change Suicide Squad, resulting in another terrible movie, and the biggest shame, JL.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WB / DC were the single most reactive company out there... they subjected everything they did to both Marvel and twitter mobs, and it resulted in an uneven and often crappy product with very poor financial results.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WB / DC were the single most reactive company out there... they subjected everything they did to both Marvel and twitter mobs, and it resulted in an uneven and often crappy product with very poor financial results.

They also just half assed everything

See new 52

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MoS was fine, I'm a fan. It's flawed, and its flaws are frustrating, but I appreciate most of what Snyder was trying to do, including a more "realist" grittier universe.

But BvS, the second DCEU movie, is terrible. It's so bad that it alone destroyed the universe and it never recovered. WB were a terrible studio prone to overreact, and BvS forced them to completely change Suicide Squad, resulting in another terrible movie, and the biggest shame, JL.
It was only terrible because the whole vision of it never finished. BvS wasn’t any worse than if Avengers came out with non of the movies leading up to it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the problem, DC isn’t Marvel, they are suppose to be darker. BvS was really only dumb because tried using Affleck as Batman with no backstory of us believing he is Batman.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the problem, DC isn’t Marvel, they are suppose to be darker. BvS was really only dumb because tried using Affleck as Batman with no backstory of us believing he is Batman.

BvS didn’t work because they took one of the more overrated stories and then jammed others into it with no context

Justice league would’ve been better received with the origin stories done first