• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dipoto won't trade pitching but how do we fix the infield?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchers..
Ark.
Ford
Aiden miller..cat/ of .

Everett...
Charpping..West Michigan ./.utility .
Batista ..cat ..dom rep..

Modesto .
Junior.gonzales....dom..rep .

I think they traded .jacob..sharp..(.unlv)
So .maybe .

Jose caguana ...dom .rep

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt..they need to move on from.
Garver...
Though...
And polanco...

If moved up..a guy.to.tacoma..
It would be..Cole young...
Cuz .
1. He learns..fast ..
2.ss..dont..have..to.hit..big..and.he could.
Stay there .a couple years .so no big.

He and Ford..have 6.years out of hs
Where .out collage .is 4 years..

Collage.guys..have a leg up..
Or are out of there...

Like.gacia .(.Texas .A&m)they can move fast...
Like Morales..hs.guys..need extra time..

Yeah..collage..guys are older..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway .with.aroyo..moving..up..
Hitting .300..
Cole young needs to Tacoma ..

I think .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lololol.
Only.
Cole young .and.
Williamson..3b..are even..remotely..
Ready...
At Arkansas...both hitting..270..

Williamson..would likely..move up.somtime..in.season..as.well.

We could use..him to hit more .hrs..
So..I like to wait .and there no one.
Pushing .him up .like..arroyo.is
.. Cole young..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news...jershey hawks..

there is your..ss young..2b..arroyo..

For.know...i.like..louis..garcia..
2b.or.dh...natbats ..

That's just me though....we will see.
What mariners do..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rylan Thomas..outfield .Tacoma.
Could move up.hard to say..he is ready..

He does not.hit.hrs.though..
So I'm just not sure..there .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mariners don't really need.outfield.
Guys except in the draft..
And at AA ..
But minor league.free.agents..will.take care of that.

That's all I have .

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single contending team this year who wouldn't have cut him halfway through this season. He's a complete waste of a roster spot. Period. There isn't a contending team out there who would add him to their roster even if they could do it for 100% free.

I'm sure they'll keep him. So people who think it's acceptable to keep him on a 26-man roster in any capacity will be happy . Stanton won't flush $!2 million down the drain.

Houston ate $20 million this year and another $20 million next year by DFA'ing Abreu. They value every roster spot and try to maximize it. That's a winning mentality though,, so yeah, the M's will hold onto Garver for dear life and justify not at least trying to replace his roster spot with something productive because of that $12 million investment.

I'm betting Ford will be on the roster to start the year anyway, so there's no excuse to even keep a giant turd like Garver as a backup catcher. Well, unlesss one of Stanton's/Jerry's "moves" is to trade Ford. Wouldn't put that past them as justification for keeping dogshit Garver. You've got Cal locked up for a couple more years after all.

Again, this is bare minimum stuff to show a real desire to contend. There is no argument against it.
Well, there are multiple things to point out here:
1. Garver got into 114 games and had 430 plate appearances, so obviously he was more than just a back up catcher.
2. Dipoto is an arrogant SOB so it's highly doubtful that he'll eat the $12 million on Garver's 2025 salary and admit he made a big mistake. What he may do instead is try to unload his salary in a similar way that he unloaded Robbie Ray's and Marco Gonzales' salaries.
3. Garver is in the last year of a guaranteed contract. He may have just mailed it in this year and may be more inspired to make a good showing in his walk year next year. I don't really believe that, but I think we are stuck with him either way so I am prefering to see the glass half full.

There is something about his swing that annoys me. It just looks lazy, maybe because it is so short and compact. But when he squares it up, he hits it far. His RBI-to-plate appearance ratio was third highest on the team. Only Raleigh and Raley were higher.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single contending team this year who wouldn't have cut him halfway through this season. He's a complete waste of a roster spot. Period. There isn't a contending team out there who would add him to their roster even if they could do it for 100% free.

I'm sure they'll keep him. So people who think it's acceptable to keep him on a 26-man roster in any capacity will be happy . Stanton won't flush $!2 million down the drain.

Houston ate $20 million this year and another $20 million next year by DFA'ing Abreu. They value every roster spot and try to maximize it. That's a winning mentality though,, so yeah, the M's will hold onto Garver for dear life and justify not at least trying to replace his roster spot with something productive because of that $12 million investment.

I'm betting Ford will be on the roster to start the year anyway, so there's no excuse to even keep a giant turd like Garver as a backup catcher. Well, unlesss one of Stanton's/Jerry's "moves" is to trade Ford. Wouldn't put that past them as justification for keeping dogshit Garver. You've got Cal locked up for a couple more years after all.

Again, this is bare minimum stuff to show a real desire to contend. There is no argument against it.
I think you’re looking at it from his contract and expectations. For league minimum I think multiple contending teams would’ve signed him. His season was better than Wong’s and the Dodgers picked him up last year.

His production did suck, but it was fine for backup catcher IMO.

I totally agree they should suck it up and DFA him. But he’s a guy I’d rather them keep and just use him once a week rather than attach a prospect to trade him like last years. Of course this is all coming from we know how the organization runs and no way are they going to eat Haniger’s and Garver’s contracts.