• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jets Overhyped?

Are the Jets contenders or pretenders

• Contenders

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Pretenders

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • They're the Jets, c'mon man

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two defense I saw do it all year long with an offense.
the Saints defense back in the late 80's or early 90's (memory fade)
& the Ravens defense with Trent Dilfer.
That Saints defense was filthy... Especially their entire LB corp...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Saints defense was filthy... Especially their entire LB corp...
they might have been the greatest set of LBs ever.
& I grew up with the steel curtain, Monsters of the midway & all the great defenses from back in the day.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they might have been the greatest set of LBs ever.
& I grew up with the steel curtain, Monsters of the midway & all the great defenses from back in the day.
I remember loving the Saints because that was when the USFL was popular and Bobby Hebert went to play in NO when the USFL folded... They also drafted one of my favorite WSU Cougars in, Reuben Mayes... It was unfortunate to see injuries shorten his career...

Vaughn Johnson, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills and Pat Swilling... Just a nasty duo...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember loving the Saints because that was when the USFL was popular and Bobby Hebert went to play in NO when the USFL folded... They also drafted one of my favorite WSU Cougars in, Reuben Mayes... It was unfortunate to see injuries shorten his career...

Vaughn Johnson, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills and Pat Swilling... Just a nasty duo...
& that defense did it year after year with zero offense to relieve them.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was probably too harsh on the Jets. The defense is good but it's not some all-time force of nature. Rodgers injury was desperately unfortunate but it's hard to imagine any pocket passer doing well for the whole season behind that O-Line. Even with a healthy Rodgers and a quality back-up they'd be 3rd best in that division.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bobby Hebert was a good player. He was the only player on the Saints 'scab' team that was offered a contract after the strike folded.