• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-season, At Indy - Who/what Are You Looking For?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta clean up the fumbles, though. Nice to see a Broncos offense put up 34 points.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very impressed with all of our running backs. Also, good balance with play calling. I know it's only preseason but Payton seems to have this team ready to play.

Too many RBs is a good problem to have…

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runs on first down getting decent yardage was huge for us. Nix was making presnap adjustments and I know that affected the opposing D.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love having a QB that can do anything, that has a commuter for a Brain .That Gets it and has what it takes . It is about to Get Really fun Being a Broncos fan again. He is so the real Deal !!!! Go Broncos .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Troy Franklin is gonna start out with a red shirt but as the season goes on my carve out a role. Seems like Vele would be ahead of him right now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random Thoughts about the game:

1) Things I saw Bo Nix do in the game - faking the dbacks with his eyes before turning and throwing in the other direction, breaking out a 1st down run with a sprint to the sideline, standing in to pass out of the pocket gets the pass off and gets creamed - drew the deep downfield pass interference penalty like a 10 year starter - audibled into decent plays after seeing the defensive keys, threw back across his body on a sprint to the right for a 1st down and 20 yards - gets the TD pass off to Mims in under 2 seconds release and it's a bullet and arrives at Mim's chest just as he turns for the ball - managed the clock and the end of half drive better than any QB or HC since Peyton Fing Manning. He also let a ball fall to the turf coming off center - he tried to throw a bullet to McGlothlin who was just 5 yards away and couldn't handle it - it took him two passes to warm up.

2) Interesting use of the inside linebackers. Cody Barton started with Singleton. Singleton twice blitzed from the middle - not something I saw last year with Singleton and Jewell. Cody Barton has pretty good coverage skills - and Josey was average in coverage - but far from exceptional. I'm thinking VJ = like Sean Payton - is looking to get a Joker for his defense and Singleton can do that if guys like Barton and Griffin can cover a receiver out of the backfield.

3) Palczewski got a lot of snaps at RT and I thought he really played well. He sure looks like a nice swing tackle.

4) It was great to see the Broncos using Estime for short yardage and goal line and then just bashing him at the defense. If he can hang on to the ball - the Broncos may have short yardage ability for the first time since TD.

5) Mims lined up inside and he lined up outside - leaving opposing defenses the task of trying to figure out how they will cover Mims.

6) Another candidate for a Joker role on the defense is JaQuan McMillian - why else would everyone be wondering who is going to play opposite of Surtain? - JaQuan will play inside and also work to make plays closer to the LOS.

7) That was Matt Roach's helmet that popped out of the pile.

8) It looks like Virgil and Smith are battling for a KO return job. I thought Virgil looked better, but Smith has the inside chance for the roster spot as he can play valuable snaps on D.

9) Payton tells the press conference Krull hurt his toe - reporter asks if the injury is serious - Payton says: "It's a toe!"

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yes
2. Interesting because they announced Jonah Griffith as a starter. I didn't pay attention to who actually started but both had early snaps. Barton looked a little slow to me. Griffith's first game back from a season ending injury. Really like Griffith before his injury hope he picks it back up.
3. Agree
4. Agree, one thing I do think a lot of people forget about is that Javonte Williams was a very good short yardage runner before his injury too and a great receiver.
5. One thing I was surprised about with Mims is we use him fairly late in the game when I thought we would probably have taken him out but extended reps in the first PS game probably doesn't hurt. Hard to rotate our WR's as we have so many good ones. He played well and so did Brandon Johnson, IMO.
6. JaQuan has become one of the best slot guys in the NFL. I thought Riley Moss played great. Mathis played pretty well too. Levi Wallace was injured so will be interesting to see how the CB race goes.
7. Malcolm Roach. Come on Mango.
8. I think Mims will be our returner. I think Virgil will end up on the PS as we have two many WR's and he is coming off the knee injury. His speed/burst looked really good to me one year coming off a knee injury in his first game back. Like you said Tremon Smith is a good special teams player. I think he is very valuable as a gunner and he is a decent return man if needed. I wouldn't be shocked if he was a cut thought depending on how well our other CB's and special teamers look only because we over paid him to do what he does but he was really good on ST's last year so I am going to assume we keep him for his outstanding special teams play especially with Turner-Yell probably out the first 6 weeks who was our other really good special teams player last year.
9. Toe injuries can be tricky but funny response.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as good as you can expect from a fist preseason game. Nix looked poised and I tough the rookies overall were very good for first game action which is a pleasant development. The Colts though, are not a very good roster. They didn't play their starters very much but I just didn't see much talent on that roster. The GB game next weekend will be a better measure as that is a very solid roster and I would imagine the starters go a little more.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as good as you can expect from a fist preseason game. Nix looked poised and I tough the rookies overall were very good for first game action which is a pleasant development. The Colts though, are not a very good roster. They didn't play their starters very much but I just didn't see much talent on that roster. The GB game next weekend will be a better measure as that is a very solid roster and I would imagine the starters go a little more.
From my understanding, the Packers won’t play their starters on Sunday. They will play their starters Friday during the scrimmage, but not on Sunday. (Hackett not playing starters in preseason theory wasn’t original with him.)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye didn't do much but also didn't play much and I guess that was by design. Some reports have Milton with a better camp so far...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye is in the worst situation of the group. I think people are going to have to accept him struggling from the start and be patient. He is in a similar situation as Bryce Young was last year. He will most likely be fed to the wolves and has the worst supporting cast around him in the NFL.