• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Check In - Iafallo/Kupari/The Legend

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked a few Jets boards and sites, nothing special to report on the former Kings. Will say they are finding out Kupari is EuroHOS and they aren't overly impressed. They do like Iafallo and his work ethic and leadership but would like some more production - pretty par for the course his years here in LA. Good player but no real offense.

Stats alone:
Iafallo 9GP 3G 1A
Kupari 9GP 0G 1A
Legend 3GP 0G 1A
Total 3G 3A 6pts

Granted The Legend has been out 2 weeks already with the knee injury and won't be back for about another month, but so far the offense alone has offset each other.

PLD 9GP 3G 3A
Total 6pts

That should change when Vilardi returns but I don't expect him to be in full flight when he does so some more games will pass while he gets into game shape. That's the one to keep an eye on in terms of output from those 3 vs PLD alone.

But so far so good for LA, and PLD isn't even firing on all cylinders yet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legend injured yet again, third time this season. UBI incurred in the 4-1 loss to Dallas on Thursday. He has 30 points (16G/14A) in 38 games but Blake nailed this one moving him, he just cannot stay in the lineup. He will not hit his career high 63 GP with LA from last season. Players do you bo good if they aren't available.

Iafallo has slowed down extremely, 9 points in Dec, 2 points in Jan and 1 in Feb. He is on pace for 28 points which would be the second lowest of his career since his rookie season in LA in 2017-18 (25 points). He's getting 20:00 ATOI too so it's not like he isn't playing a lot, mostly LW2 but also in the B6.

Kupari finally got off IR but has been stuck on 1 assist in 24 games and has been a healthy scratch in 3 of the last 6 games. Dude has absolutely solidified himself as a 1st round bust so no big loss there. Jets fans finally realizing how god awful his hands are no matter how much his size and speed is tantalizing.

PLD hasn't delivered as expected but I think he will next season, I'm hoping to see him elevate himself if the Kings make the POs.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legend shelved for an undisclosed period of time, enlarged spleen. This is not the UBI he has been sidelined for already. Iafallo moving onto his RW1 spot.

I'm going to say he is done for the season, this guy just cannot stay healthy.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard was enlarged spleen.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, while recovering from whatever UBI he has they discovered it. It's insane how this guy cannot stay healthy.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a crazything with this guy, obviously yhe talents there. Unfortunately, if a team cant rely on you for an entire season and into the post season then its tough to let you take up a spot IMO. Unless your willing to take 1-2m and be slotted b6.....then your useful come playoff time.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment by Blake about his health, and then after the trade The Legend saying he wasn't even offered a contract and didn't have any conversations is telling.

He was going to be moved no matter what me thinks, Bowlby already made up his mind. They invested a lot into him - time, money, patience, multiple rehabs, etc. - and I think Blake was thinking better move him now after a decent season before he goes on LTIR in training camp or something.

But yeah, it is baffling. Very skilled player, but if it isn't his back it's his knee, if it's not his knee it's his wrist, if it isn't that it's a spleen. Bad luck for sure but this is a business and he does no one any good on the shelf. Blake sold as high as he could.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(E\----Care Meter----F)

Meh... not our problem anymore.