• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Why are people obsessed with Michael Jordan?

Why are people obsessed with Michael Jordan?

• They are brainwashed by Nike

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • They are dumb

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • They should be obsessed, he is the GOAT

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • They have a mental disorder

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • They aren't obsessed, only SJ76 is

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Macaroni Salad

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brainwashing by Nike is the most likely answer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny

Seems like you are the one most obsessed with Jordan since you keep starting threads about him.

The reality is that he isn’t the infallible god that some make him out to be, but he was the GOAT, IMO.

I happen to believe the gap between him and LeBron isn’t that large, but there is a gap.

Arguing LeBron or Kareem or Magic ahead of MJ isn’t stupid, but saying Harden, Kawhi, Curry or KD are better honestly makes me question whether you were repeatedly dropped on your head as a child, or just on some really good drugs.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brainwashing by Nike is the most likely answer.
greatest basketball player i have ever seen. i compare it to pedro here in boston. people came to sox games to see pedro every 5 days, not the red sox. every time he took the ball, you felt something special could happen.

people tuned in on NBC on sundays to watch jordan, not the bulls. you knew every time he touched the ball something special could happen. i hated the bulls in the 90's, but i tuned in every bulls game to watch MJ.

thats what put MJ about everyone IMO. you didnt get that same stuff for guys like lebron.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock makes a point. If you can get people that aren't a fan of the team you are on to watch just to see what you are going to do next, that is greatness. I'm a diehard Colts fan, but my favorite NFL player of all time is Deion Sanders because whether INT, Punt or Kick returning, or even playing offense you knew a show was about to happen and I made it a point to watch every game he played in.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock makes a point. If you can get people that aren't a fan of the team you are on to watch just to see what you are going to do next, that is greatness. I'm a diehard Colts fan, but my favorite NFL player of all time is Deion Sanders because whether INT, Punt or Kick returning, or even playing offense you knew a show was about to happen and I made it a point to watch every game he played in.

priiiiiimetiiiiiime

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hated MJ. hated him. but i also respected the hell out of his game enough to know what i was watching at the time. its why i watched. i wanted to be able to tell my grandkids i saw him play. i got lucky and saw him live in boston 3 times.
i never got that same vibe from kobe or lebron. both sensational, generational talents, but i never tuned in because kobe was on, or lebron and the cavs were on.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on sundays, when whatever team he was on was playing, id pray they would throw to his side of the field so i could see him in action.

rarely happened lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
greatest basketball player i have ever seen. i compare it to pedro here in boston. people came to sox games to see pedro every 5 days, not the red sox. every time he took the ball, you felt something special could happen.

people tuned in on NBC on sundays to watch jordan, not the bulls. you knew every time he touched the ball something special could happen. i hated the bulls in the 90's, but i tuned in every bulls game to watch MJ.

thats what put MJ about everyone IMO. you didnt get that same stuff for guys like lebron.
Actually LeBron is pretty similar, even haters tune in to see what he's going to do. Same with the Warriors in 2017 or the Shaq Kobe Lakers. People either love or hate the dominant team, but they watch

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on sundays, when whatever team he was on was playing, id pray they would throw to his side of the field so i could see him in action.

rarely happened lol
Sanders is one of the top ten athletes in history. Not football players or baseball players...athletes. Bo Jackson too.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually LeBron is pretty similar, even haters tune in to see what he's going to do. Same with the Warriors in 2017 or the Shaq Kobe Lakers. People either love or hate the dominant team, but they watch
i dunno, i never tuned in to see lebron play or was at a bar and said "can you turn the cavs game on? lebrons playing".

we did that for jordan tho.

maybe its a generational thing, but i dont know anyone who said "man, lebrons on tonight. wanna hang out and watch?"

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does acknowledging a players greatness mean people are obsessed with them?

Micheal Schumacher is probably the best F1 driver of all time
Pele and Maradonna are two of the best soccer players of all time
Barry Bonds is probably the best baseball player of my lifetime
Jerry Rice and Tom Brady are probably the best two football players of all time

I can't stand a single one of those cunts.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate what they've done for their respective sports though

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno, i never tuned in to see lebron play or was at a bar and said "can you turn the cavs game on? lebrons playing".

we did that for jordan tho.

maybe its a generational thing, but i dont know anyone who said "man, lebrons on tonight. wanna hang out and watch?"
I think it's somewhat generational. LeBron teams get much better ratings in the playoffs for example

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's somewhat generational. LeBron teams get much better ratings in the playoffs for example
well, that can be explained on the growth of the game. in the 90's it wasnt as international, especially viewership. are you too young to remember the dream teams first run and how their opponents acted? like kids waiting for autographs.
now you can stream a game on the internet in china.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan's peak was 25 years ago, and he's still considered the best ever by the majority of people. In the marketing driven sports world of today, it's not good business not to have "the best ever" currently playing, so every great player is overhyped while players from the past are moved aside.

The average NBA player is 26 years old, so the majority of current players were too young to remember Jordan's last championship, and they never saw him playing live. The fact that Jordan remains relevant today and is still widely considered the GOAT even by many from this younger generation of players/fans who grew up idolizing Kobe, Shaq or Lebron is a testament of his transcendence.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, that can be explained on the growth of the game. in the 90's it wasnt as international, especially viewership. are you too young to remember the dream teams first run and how their opponents acted? like kids waiting for autographs.
now you can stream a game on the internet in china.
Fair enough, I'm 49 so I remember. The 1996-8 Bulls were like the Beatles. I guess it's not the same now but LeBron was just as watchable to me. But I get it
Jordan is still GOAT

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:

I was wondering when your next thread on MJ would be.

Why is he all in your head OP?

Did you get any sleep at all last night?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to ask how old the OP is, because i find age to be a huge factor in these MJ discussions. people who didnt see him first hand and only go off old clips and stories.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to ask how old the OP is, because i find age to be a huge factor in these MJ discussions. people who didnt see him first hand and only go off old clips and stories.

He says he's old enough to have seen Magic and Kareem.

Literally everyone on this board disagrees