• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next HC?

If you were the GM who would you hire as the next HC?

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. I have no idea who Peters first choice was or where Dan was on the pecking order. But yesterdays interview with Dan was his third and was schedule before Johnson backed out. So clearly Dan is on Peters radar.
Ok...

So if Quinn was the primary target, why has he not been hired by now? We are the last team to hire a coach correct? 7 openings and we are the last to hire a coach. Any theories?

Why go through the dog and pony show of brining in candidates if Quinn was there all along?

We know Quinn wasn't #1 or he would have already been hired right?
Seattle interviewed Macdonald for the first time yesterday and hired him in 24 hours. I guess they do things differently in Seattle?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Josh and team made a mistake .... putting out a list of who they wanted to interview led to the media and fans picking a guy for him and when the media's or fan's guy didn't get the job then the blame game starts.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...

So if Quinn was the primary target, why has he not been hired by now? We are the last team to hire a coach correct? 7 openings and we are the last to hire a coach. Any theories?

Why go through the dog and pony show of brining in candidates if Quinn was there all along?

Seattle interviewed Macdonald for the first time yesterday and hired him in 24 hours. I guess they do things differently in Seattle?

Ok...

First, I never said dan was the primary target. I said he was on the radar of Peters. As to why were they still interviewing others, it’s called due diligence.

Yes, Seattle does things differently. Better? Only time will tell.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I never said dan was the primary target. I said he was on the radar of Peters. As to why were they still interviewing others, it’s called due diligence.

Yes, Seattle does things differently. Better? Only time will tell.
You said that you didn't know where Dan fell in the order correct?

I am simply saying that he clearly wasn't #1 or he would have been hired.

I can't imagine anyone thinking dan Quinn was the target all along..it just took us 2 weeks to close?

If Quinn was the pick all along, we wasted valuable time interviewing other candidates because it robed Quinn of hiring a staff.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that you didn't know where Dan fell in the order correct?

I am simply saying that he clearly wasn't #1 or he would have been hired.

I can't imagine anyone thinking dan Quinn was the target all along..it just took us 2 weeks to close?

If Quinn was the pick all along, we wasted valuable time interviewing other candidates because it robed Quinn of hiring a staff.
How do you know? Maybe dan has already lined up his guys pending landing a job?

Do you understand my point? You, we, I reality have no ideas who, or what, is being done. Just chill and let the professionals do their job. Then judge them.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know? Maybe dan has already lined up his guys pending landing a job?

Do you understand my point? You, we, I reality have no ideas who, or what, is being done. Just chill and let the professionals do their job. Then judge them.
I agree with you to a certain extent. You arent wrong.

I am not trying to be a malcontent or argue to argue. We do know what is going on. What we do know is that we are talking longer than every other team who had an opening.

You aren't wrong, but my guess is that peters cannot say that this process went by the book and we got our #1 target.

I would be utterly confused if Quinn was the guy all along but it took us 2 weeks to close. To me, that makes.no sense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you advertise for a job and you receive three resumes ..... first one seems great. Do you cancel the other two interviews. Maybe 2 or 3 was even better.

I think this entire debate started because of "you knew" All j_y and I are saying is you could not have known. Only the people in his group could have known. In the Snyder days you'd have known because he or someone in the organization was a leaky faucet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys like Peters as a GM , well like him to pick the right guy . Bemoaning what coulda , shoulda woulda is wasted energy

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you to a certain extent. You arent wrong.

I am not trying to be a malcontent or argue to argue. We do know what is going on. What we do know is that we are talking longer than every other team who had an opening.

You aren't wrong, but my guess is that peters cannot say that this process went by the book and we got our #1 target.

I would be utterly confused if Quinn was the guy all along but it took us 2 weeks to close. To me, that makes.no sense.
we had to do our due diligence. Be thankful. Do you know what would have happened in this scenario if Dan were still here? it would go something like this: If he wanted Johnson and Johnson said he wasn't ready to be a HC, he wasn't comfortable with it yet (which is essentially what he said), Dan would have thrown so much money at him that he couldn't turn it down. So now we would have a HC who, by his own admission, wasn't ready. Hey, but we would have gotten our first guy! what we most likely would have had was a continued extension of losing seasons, until Dan ran him out. Moreover, be thankful that Peters has a plan B and C. Dan never would have.

See the difference? Peters is doing his job. Let him do it. Then we can judge if he did it right or not.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had to do our due diligence. Be thankful. Do you know what would have happened in this scenario if Dan were still here? it would go something like this: If he wanted Johnson and Johnson said he wasn't ready to be a HC, he wasn't comfortable with it yet (which is essentially what he said), Dan would have thrown so much money at him that he couldn't turn it down. So now we would have a HC who, by his own admission, wasn't ready. Hey, but we would have gotten our first guy! what we most likely would have had was a continued extension of losing seasons, until Dan ran him out. Moreover, be thankful that Peters has a plan B and C. Dan never would have.

See the difference? Peters is doing his job. Let him do it. Then we can judge if he did it right or not.
Well i am not going to play the snyder game here.

In your words, we don't know what snyder would have done. We cant ask him.

Like you said, we don't what we don't know.

I admit there would be a difference, but you can't tell me that peters plan occurred precisely the way it has unfolded and it was the plan all along.

If you do, we will have to agree to disagree.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i am not going to play the snyder game here.

In your words, we don't know what snyder would have done. We cant ask him.

Like you said, we don't what we don't know.

I admit there would be a difference, but you can't tell me that peters plan occurred precisely the way it has unfolded and it was the plan all along.

If you do, we will have to agree to disagree.
I guarantee you no plan goes precisely as expected. but he has backup plans.

2 weeks ago, you were happy as a pig in shit when we hired Scott. you gave him all of 2 weeks before you started questioning his approach and his plans. Of which you have no direct information on what those plans are.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you advertise for a job and you receive three resumes ..... first one seems great. Do you cancel the other two interviews. Maybe 2 or 3 was even better.

I think this entire debate started because of "you knew" All j_y and I are saying is you could not have known. Only the people in his group could have known. In the Snyder days you'd have known because he or someone in the organization was a leaky faucet.
So the gameplan all along was to be the last team to make a hire?
Why did Seattle and New England wrap up their process so quickly? Apparently they don't know what they are doing.

You can stop with the "I knew" business. I was using common sense. You have told the board a handful of times that you said Quinn would be a good coach. You constantly trying to lecture the board on everything.

I knew you would find a way to bring in the snyder boogeyman into the conversation. It has nothing to do with our next coach or Adam peters.
Your posts consist of peters and harris being the end all be all or how awful snyder was.

Thanks..we get it by now..

Smh..

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you no plan goes precisely as expected. but he has backup plans.

2 weeks ago, you were happy as a pig in shit when we hired Scott. you gave him all of 2 weeks before you started questioning his approach and his plans. Of which you have no direct information on what those plans are.
I agree on both fronts.

I agree back up plans are important. How do you know he had a back up plan? Did he tell you?

Have I said Peters suxed or was a terrible hire? I haven't.

Have I been confused? Yes.

What I am not going to do is build a shrine to peters and start a cult of personality to him. I said I hope for the best.

I dont have the right to be confused?.come on...

There are a few posts about how this team sux and there might be one saying peters sux.

Are you not going to go after them?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were hearing from Keim how much they liked Quinn before Ben decided to stay.
Are you hearing anything new?
Scheffty said we might regroup and consider additional candidates.