• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final 2020 Eagles Mock Draft

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade: The Eagles trade back into the 2nd round with the Indianapolis Colts.

*** Details: The Eagles give up pick 21 and pick 127 (4th round) and in return receive the Colts pick 34 (Rd 2) and pick 44 (Rd 2).

Reasoning from the Colts: The Colts signed Phillip Rivers for one year as a bridge QB, Jacoby Brisett will be a free agent in 2021 and if the Colts thought of him as a long term answer, they would not have brought in Phillip Rivers at all. The Colts are clearly looking for their future starter in this draft and they don't want to miss out on the top 5. From their spot in Rd 2 they have no shot at getting any of those top 5, so they move up to 21 to assure Utah State's QB Jordan Love.

Reasoning from the Eagles: It will cost too much to move up and they can still get what they want at better value moving down into the early 2nd.

Rd 1 Pick 34. Jalen Reagor WR TCU 5'11” 195 lbs
*** Forget Reagor's 4.47 at the Combine, that was done after he added 10 lbs of muscle which proved a bad decision. A few weeks later he slimmed back down to his college weight and ran in the 4.2's at his Pro Day. Even if you adjust it a bit for the hand times … it's still much faster than his Combine time. Fact is when you turn on the tape you see an explosive outside threat who can dust defenders with sudden moves or flat out speed down the sidelines. In 2018 Reagor put up 72 catches, well over 1000 yards with 9 TD's and another 170 yards rushing with 2 more TD's. Enter a rookie QB in 2019 who was horrible at getting Reagor the ball and a coach who refused to move Reagor around to facilitate his rookie QB getting him the ball. Thus, his stats took a nose dive, but 2019 film clearly shows Reagor getting open on the perimeter as easily and consistently as 2018, just not seeing the ball go his way as well as seeing inaccurate passes all year. His skill set is exactly what the Eagles are looking for and if this kid would have been on a better Offense with even a half decent QB, he would be right there with the top 3 imo. Watch him catch the deep ball, it's all hands as opposed to most who would basket catch it, he's a natural hands catcher. He's going to be a deep staple for Wentz for years to come and open things up for all the underneath stuff with Ertz and Goedert.

Rd 2 Pick 44. KJ Hamler WR Penn State 5'8” 178 lbs
*** This is why the Eagles did not spend money in free agency. They saw the depth at WR in this class and figured there was no need to spend big on mediocre free agent talent. Hamler has just enough questions about him with drops and less than ideal size where enough teams may overlook him for other players or positions in Rd 2. Hamler's a kid that can run in the low 4.3's in his sleep; the Eagles will ask more overall of 1st round pick Jalen Reagor as he can do more with his bigger frame, but Hamler will be that big play hitter who can catch 3 balls for 70 yards with a 50 yard score. There may be games where he only catches 1 ball for 25 yards, but have a huge effect on the game by drawing defenses away from other players. He will likely split time with Greg Ward in the slot off the jump, but I can see the Eagles using him in a few packages specifically designed for him. Both he and Reagor can be used in the return game in which they can give us a spark. The drops with Hamler are a bit of a concern, but he has huge hands for his size (9 3/8 – bigger hands than QB Joe Burrow); maybe it's just a concentration issue that can be worked on. We won't have any lack of speed this season with a healthy D-Jax, Reagor and Hamler … hopefully JJ Arcega Whiteside takes that ever important 2nd year leap and actually gives us the possession guy we also need moving forward to combine with this new speed.

Rd 2 Pick 53. Ashtyn Davis S Cal 6'1” 202 lbs
The Eagles can't be totally confident in their Safety's. McCloud is “ok” at this point in his career and Jalen Mills may be a good fit at Safety, but hasn't played Safety since his college days. Either way both guys are on 1 year contracts. Will Parks was a nice free agent addition, but there are still plenty of question marks as a whole with the position. Ashtyn Davis is a player I see as a future starter; he brings speed (former track star) and athleticism along with very good tackling. His style and traits are comparable to Denver Safety Justin Simmons who was Franchise tagged earlier this year. It's not impossible that either Davis or Parks (or both) end up being starters before the end of the upcoming season. Davis is more of a deep Safety with range while Parks may serve as more of a Strong Safety role. Avonte Maddox has been talked about as also getting some run at Safety, but adding Davis allows Maddox to stay in the Corner rotation.

Rd 3 Pick 103. Willie Gay LB Jr Mississippi State 6'1” 243 lbs
*** Let's get the bad out of the way first … Gay is not the most instinctual LB. Sometimes he guesses wrong and makes a misread, but that can be worked on with good coaching. He also has made some questionable off-field decisions that have made some timid about his future decision making once he reaches the next level. That all being said, tools wise (4.46 40 at 240 lbs with a 40” vertical), size wise and talent wise … this kid has what you want in a LB. He is basically Kenneth Murray (who will be a 1st round pick) without as much discipline. Gay is an animal on the field and his upside is off the charts with proper coaching. There are safer picks at the position likely still available in Rd 3, but why not swing for the fences here and there? He has the chance to be an absolute steal if he drops to this point and the Eagles are desperate for a play-making LB whom they don't have to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on. Gay actually has very similar traits to Nigel Bradham; both athletic (Gay is faster), excellent tacklers with instinct questions. Bradham carved out a really nice career for himself … hopefully Gay can follow in his footsteps.

Rd 4 Pick 145 Anthony Gordon QB Washington State
*** This will be the Eagles surprise pick. I see a tiny bit of Aaron Rodgers when I watch this kid play mixed in with some Nick Foles as well. Gordon throws with anticipation, he throws to spots as opposed to waiting for receivers to get open. That's a quality I really like in a QB and it's something you either have or you don't. I also love that he can throw from several angles and shows the ability to flick it quickly like you often see with Aaron Rodgers. The Eagles really like Gordon from what I hear and are likely looking for competition for that backup spot. Unlike current backup Nate Sudfeld, Gordon shows starting potential qualities and would be a better option imo should Carson get hurt. The Eagles completely bombed their attempt at QB in last year's draft, so they will attempt to correct their mistake this year.

Rd 4 Pick 146. Shane Lemieux Oregon 6'4” 310 lbs
** Primarily a LG at Oregon, Lemieux is one of the better pulling Guards I watched tape on. Shoots out quickly and finds his target at both levels fitting perfectly what the Eagles ask of their Guards. He has plenty of size and strength to be able to play early if called upon. From what I understand the Eagles long term plan, should Center Jason Kelce retire, is to shift Isaac Seumalo from LG to Center as they feel it's his best position. Lemieux would be able to step in to the LG spot should that happen; if not, he would still be good depth moving forward.
Shane Lemieux Film Room

Rd 5 Pick 168. Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa 6'1” 205 lbs
Robinson's a big Corner with solid speed; I think he ran a 4.45 or so at the Combine. I really like his ability to play press and be physical with receivers off the line. The Eagles don't really have this type of Corner on the team unless we're talking about Rasul Douglas, but if I remember correctly Douglas ran close to a 4.6 and he's more of a zone Corner as he has a hard time catching up with receivers if they get past him. Robinson can also play zone, I saw him with a few pick's when playing areas as opposed to manning up. Overall I think he's a much better prospect than where I'm seeing him ranked. He would be excellent value in Rd 5.
2020 Draft Prospects: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa

Rd 6 Pick 190. Dezmon Patmon Washington State 6'4” 225 lbs
*** Well, we drafted his QB in Rd 4 at Pick 145, may as well draft his #1 target as well who just happens to be a good prospect himself. Just like Reggie Robinson with our prior pick, I see Patmon as a player who's being vastly under rated. The Eagles, assuming they go the way of this Mock, can use someone with size to compete with JJ Arcega Whiteside for possession receiver duties.
''The best wide receiver no one talks about'' Dezmon Patmon Washington State Highlights

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary:
I think this is a bad year to have to look for Defensive Linemen, especially Defensive Ends, so I stayed away from trying to force picks in that area. We are fairly stacked at DT and it's not a great year for interior Defensive Linemen either, so landing a player like Javan Hargrave in free agency was a great get when you consider the below average class.

I concentrated our efforts in adding speed to compliment our ball control philosophy. We will likely continue to feed our TE's as we have that advantage over most teams who are lucky to have one top notch TE, much less 2 like we have. We only had speed for Game 1 last season where DeSean Jackson and Carson Wentz torched the Defense. He is now back to 100% and we added 2 other burners. Our TE's and RB's will have much more room to work with Defenses no longer allowed to crowd the box or middle of the field. The combination of Jackson, Reagor and Hamler with Wentz flinging it will have plenty of Sportscenter moments if they can stay healthy.

Our OL is fairly set for this season with respect to starters. Matt Pryor and 4th round pick Shane Lemiex provide good interior depth. Nate Herbig is a kid that Jeff Stoutland really likes at either Center or Guard, so I think we are set inside. The problem is at OT depth. I think in the end we resign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal to back up Andre Dillard. That would be better than any draft pick at OT aside from snagging one of these Rd 1 guys. I'm sure we will keep our eyes open for Vet RT Salary Cap cuts to backup Lane Johnson.

Our 2ndary I think is in solid shape overall. We are faster than last season and have some depth now. D Slay is a huge improvement at our primary Corner. Losing Jenkins was a blow at Safety, but Jalen Mills' niche may be the Safety spot and we added depth or starting potential in Parks and 2nd Rd pick Ashtyn Davis. The addition of Robey-Coleman in the slot may also prove to be an inexpensive upgrade as he is a proven player at the position. We are deep in the slot behind him with Maddox and LeBlanc able to rotate in. The #2 Corner opposite Slay is still a question mark, but we have a multitude of guys to compete … hopefully one of them steps up and wins it convincingly in Camp.

Anthony Gordon and Nate Sudfeld will be a fun battle to watch for the backup QB role. In the long run I think Gordon has starter potential and I'm not sure how much the Eagles really trust Sudfeld. If last year is any indication, Gordon may be the runaway winner here.

I didn't use a pick on RB because I think we have a Franchise type Back in Miles Sanders and a young Darren Sproles type backup in Boston Scott. I picked up Michael Warren from Cincy in my last Mock, but I think we can snag a body for our #4 from the UFA pile. Either that or bring back Corey Clement.

Then there's LB … we lost Nigel, but got a similar player in 3rd rounder Willie Gay. Free Agent Jatavis Brown will be in the mix as well. If nothing else we increased our LB speed quite a bit with these two. Watch out for Parks to possibly play a hybrid LB role here and there as well. The Eagles use 3 Safety's on the field at the same time quite often. Nate Gerry played a lot last year, but also missed a load of tackles, we need him to take the next step up.

Anyhoo ... there's my last draft ... let me know what you guys thing :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, my man! I don't see it. I think they move up for Ceedee or Ruggs, or stay at 21 for Jefferson. If he's not there, they take either Henderson, Murray, or Queen. Also, supposedly Hamler has health concerns (knee). Very thorough job, as usual Rey!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything lingering health wise for Hamler aside from the minor hamstring tweak he had during the Combine. I just searched around for any news, but I haven't found anything saying he isn't back to 100%.

Jefferson seems to be 50/50 to still be there at 21 according to some draft buzz … I would be completely fine with Kenneth Murray at 21, but would honestly be shocked if the Eagles take a LB that early. They simply don't value the position and it seems more and more teams around the league are starting to treat 4-3 LBers the same way.

I really believe the Eagles will either move up or down … it's what Howie does. I also think the Eagles don't want to trade away more picks this year; we already gave up 2 picks to get Slay. It was great value, but I can't see them trading even more picks to get a WR when it's such a deep WR draft. I think there's a better chance we trade down, get more or better picks, and still get a WR that will greatly help us. Targets in the late 1st or early 2nd being Reagor or Aiyuk … both of whom are proven on the outside which imo is what this team needs most.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good post. I appreciate the work that went into this. I’m new here and this is a pretty good commercial for the level of good Eagles talk is available here.

My only little disagreement would be I think there should be a bigger haul than 2nd round pick for a 13 spot move up inside the top 35 picks in the draft. I think the Eagles keep 127 in your scenario and add a 5th or 6th to make it even.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Reagor. Hate Hamler.

Gay's speed and athleticism would be great to add, but especially with linebackers "speed can take you in the wrong direction faster." Great upside if you can teach him where to be.

A young interior lineman is a must. I like a guy that bends better than Lemeuix, but good tools for the coaches to work with.

I think we should pick our RB rather then take what the other teams didn't want. Perine and Warren are two targets for 5/6 that would compliment the backfield nicely.

Davis is a good get, does everything well and gives us some depth and security at the position.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Jalen's dad, former NFL player Montea Reagor, is currently an intern coach with the Eagles.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to have Reagor and Jefferson out of this draft, but Howie would have to make a move up to get Reagor, who may even go in the first.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on Reagor was that he needed bulk. Then he adds weight and they say he's not fast enough even though he ran in the 4.4s lol. He would do very well in our offense. I don't know much about Hamler other than he is fast. Definitely feeling the Ashtyn Davis pick along with Willie Gay. QB in round 4 not so much but then you shoot right back with that Tulsa DB Robinson. He's got some really good physical tools. 6'1" 200, ran a 4.4, and bench 225 22 times which is pretty crazy for a defensive back to be that strong.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your scenario I would not give up the #127 but if I had to give another pick it would be #146.
I’m good with Reagor at #34 but at #44 I snag Aiyuk. I think he will be there. I’m also good with A. Davis but my dilemma with the pick at #53 is that I want D. Lewis OG in the worst way. He fills a need and deposes Seumalo who does nothing for me so I pick Lewis. At #102 I think T. Burgess S fills the need at S although I like Gay’s skill set. Just not enough picks. Keeping #127 I would go with A. Gibson RB the new Beast Mode. #145 I would be happy with Gordon. Good pick. #168 I think a defensive player is needed and since CB is a need I am good with Robinson or DJ Wonnum DE/DL. Finally at #190 I go S. Quarterman LB.
This loads up the offense and provides some depth on defense.
For a priority FA I would go after T. Cleveland WR and C. Throckmorton OT/OG.
This said I would be good staying at #21 and taking Murray then grabbing Aiyuk next and Hightower later and still getting Cleveland as a FA.
This draft has me confounded because there is great quality but there are too many holes to fill.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest question is whether or not HR and staff can make the right Evals and picks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good with Reagor at #34 but at #44 I snag Aiyuk.

I may be one of the biggest Aiyuk fans around ... I think he actually goes before Reagor in the late 1st. If we somehow end up with Reagor and Aiyuk I may need one of those scarce ventilators :)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Leviska Shenault expects to be 100% ready after core surgery by next week's draft ... that's another receiver whom people have forgotten about who would be another option in this trade down scenario. Not as polished as Reagor or Aiyuk, but his upside is TO'esque.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to have Reagor and Jefferson out of this draft, but Howie would have to make a move up to get Reagor, who may even go in the first.
Reagor would be a top 10 pick if he played in that LSU offense.

I may be one of the biggest Aiyuk fans around ... I think he actually goes before Reagor in the late 1st. If we somehow end up with Reagor and Aiyuk I may need one of those scarce ventilators :)

Aiyuk and Reagor are my top two in the class. Can go to the house any play. Catch it cleanly. Defenders don't stay near these two. I like Aiyuk's size so put him at the top. You put them in the LSU, Oklahoma, Alabama offenses and they're doing what the other top guys did.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Leviska Shenault expects to be 100% ready after core surgery by next week's draft ... that's another receiver whom people have forgotten about who would be another option in this trade down scenario. Not as polished as Reagor or Aiyuk, but his upside is TO'esque.
Lots of injury risks with him. Not just the core injury. Kind of see Cordarelle Patterson with him anyway.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then we have a few days to hope. :D

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I still love him. If he stays healthy, he will be a beast in the NFL! Very tough!! I'd like him if we pic two WR's.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I still love him. If he stays healthy, he will be a beast in the NFL! Very tough!! I'd like him if we pic two WR's.

Dude ran a 4.58 at around 60% and had surgery right after it ... a healthy Laviska likely runs a 4.4 if not better at 225+ lbs.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would love this draft. I don't like the QB pick though. I just see it as a wasted pick and would rather another Lineman ( either side ) or LB

Reager and Hamler on the same field together would be scary for the next 5-8 years
Mims and Hamler is my dream draft

Checks off a lot of boxes for this team