• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next HC?

If you were the GM who would you hire as the next HC?

• Total voters

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible that the commanders want to talk to coaches in the super bowl, and that could be the reason why they havent hired anybody yet.

I’m not sure who that might be, but the point is that we dont really know what the hold up is, and it might not be for bad reasons.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible that the commanders want to talk to coaches in the super bowl, and that could be the reason why they havent hired anybody yet.

I’m not sure who that might be, but the point is that we dont really know what the hold up is, and it might not be for bad reasons.
Steve spagnolo comes to mind?

I dont know but you might be on to something here.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I’m saying is that just because these huys were hired doesnt mean that the commanders “didnt get their guy.”

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you hearing anything new?
Scheffty said we might regroup and consider additional candidates.
Man, I'm scrolling IG constantly. Radio silence. The only two I fully trust are Shefter and Keim. Checking my Google podcast and YouTube to see if Keim has dropped anything. Nothing so far.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm scrolling IG constantly. Radio silence. The only two I fully trust are Shefter and Keim. Checking my Google podcast and YouTube to see if Keim has dropped anything. Nothing so far.
Interesting.

Well, if we want quinn..he is there. I wonder what the impact of Macdonald going to Seattle was on the search?

My guess is peters is unsure on what he wants at this point.

Would love to see a coaching draft board when it's all done and see how coaches were ranked.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR to interview next week sources ( D Williams) says

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on both fronts.

I agree back up plans are important. How do you know he had a back up plan? Did he tell you?

Have I said Peters suxed or was a terrible hire? I haven't.

Have I been confused? Yes.

What I am not going to do is build a shrine to peters and start a cult of personality to him. I said I hope for the best.

I dont have the right to be confused?.come on...

There are a few posts about how this team sux and there might be one saying peters sux.

Are you not going to go after them?
youre only confused because you take to heart what beat reporters and internet bloggers say. they are going for clicks. That's all they care about.

Im not confused because I know I have no idea what is going on and don't sweat it. Its a process.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youre only confused because you take to heart what beat reporters and internet bloggers say. they are going for clicks. That's all they care about.

Im not confused because I know I have no idea what is going on and don't sweat it. Its a process.
Actually I don't take to heart what each best writer says. That's not correct.

I am confused by the approach.

Again, it literally makes no sense for the search to have gone the way it has. If it makes perfect sense to you...great and good for you!

Scheftner, who isn't a beat writer, has reported a possible regroup.

If true, and I am not taking to heart, then that clearly means something is out of place. There is no need to regroup after 3 weeks unless alignment is needed. Alignment should not be needed after 3 weeks.
There is a reason we are the last team to have an opening.

The world isn't ending
Then sun will come up.tomorrow.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Belichick is still an option at 71 how about making this HC search extensive enough to include feelers to Russ Grim (retired) and Bryon Leftwich? (no longer in the league)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think some of the guys they really wanted pulled their names from consideration and were hired elsewhere . they are regrouping and handling this like they should / remember they pulled their names out from seatle as well not just us .

quinn isnt my 1st choice nor was vrabel , glen or weaver but any one of them could be a decent choice . we look at draft picks and cap space and feel thats a sole draw but we have crappy facilities (ashburn park) and pardon the pun a shitty stadium and a traumatized fans base .

i like looking at leftwich , certainly a leader and russ grimm and spags

what we have to remember is what we are being told by kiem and others (even though i trust keim) is they dont know . all of them reported johnson was the front runner and look now

if the new coach thinks howell is the guy and they pass on a qb early some heads will explode . ww dont know what these guys think and so far the team hasnt talked to ANY qbs at the sr bowl (subject to change and new information ) and MM is leading that charge in mobile plus peters is there

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think some of the guys they really wanted pulled their names from consideration and were hired elsewhere . they are regrouping and handling this like they should / remember they pulled their names out from seatle as well not just us .

quinn isnt my 1st choice nor was vrabel , glen or weaver but any one of them could be a decent choice . we look at draft picks and cap space and feel thats a sole draw but we have crappy facilities (ashburn park) and pardon the pun a shitty stadium and a traumatized fans base .

what we have to remember is what we are being told by kiem and others (even though i trust keim) is they dont know . all of them reported johnson was the front runner and look now

if the new coach thinks howell is the guy and they pass on a qb early some heads will explode . ww dont know what these guys think and so far the team hasnt talked to ANY qbs at the sr bowl (subject to change and new information ) and MM is leading that charge in mobile plus peters is there
Don't do Keim like that. Ben was obviously the front runner, and Keim from day one said Quinn fit the description of what they are looking for and this was not a lock like the GM search.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is going to know Howell pretty well, he has faced him 3 times now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you who took a very definitive stance about the QB position when Rivera was hired, i.e. "he's gonna want his own guy" be consistent when talking about Quinn in his relationship with Howell.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you who took a very definitive stance about the QB position when Rivera was hired, i.e. "he's gonna want his own guy" be consistent when talking about Quinn in his relationship with Howell.
This will be interesting. Quinn should have a good feel for Howell. He’s game planned for him 3 times in the last year or so. I’d be real curios what his thoughts are. I guess come draft time, we will know. If they trade that second pick, then he, and Peters, are all in on Howell. Or they just don’t see that franchise guy in this years draft And they ride Howell for another season.