• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next HC?

If you were the GM who would you hire as the next HC?

• Total voters

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to see where the fanbase sits right now. This is a fluid poll and I understand our answers will most likely change moving froward.

I'm tossed between Bienemy and Johnson. Johnson's offense usually has the QB under center. With Sam's height I'm not sure if that offense is ideal for him. Not sure.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slowik , johnson or EB look to be in my wheelhouse , but we need a team president and GM first in place
I can barely believe that Slowik is getting HC buzz this early. This is the first season he's ever even called plays--but it's definitely working in Houston! Hard to believe that there is a Kyle Shanahan coaching tree (McDaniel, Saleh, Ryans,...slowik?)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can barely believe that Slowik is getting HC buzz this early. This is the first season he's ever even called plays--but it's definitely working in Houston! Hard to believe that there is a Kyle Shanahan coaching tree (McDaniel, Saleh, Ryans,...slowik?)
I like Slowik. Might need to grab the last one off that tree before someone else does.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have given up the most points in the NFL. In other words, we have the worst defense in the NFL currently.

We have 4 of 7 games remaining with a top 4 offense in the league.

MIA = 1st
DAL = 2nd x 2
SF = 4th

I think kbso is right...unless a miracle happens, we are 7-10. It is a week to week league, so 8-9 is a possibility.

I am probably in the minority, but I would like a fastforward to Black Monday.

Relying on fluke wins and miracles is not a good philosophy to abide by. I think SF and DAL.both play their starters in both games. If they take the foot off the gas and we win both games, I hope harris and the owners are smart enough to see past those wins.

If we lose to the giants, the season will literally be over. At this point, I think From would beat the giants though.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer johnson or a mcvay trade over eb any day.just don,t think he,s proven himself to be a head coach to this point,that may change depending on the rest of the season but it,s a decisive no on eb up to this point.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have given up the most points in the NFL. In other words, we have the worst defense in the NFL currently.

We have 4 of 7 games remaining with a top 4 offense in the league.

MIA = 1st
DAL = 2nd x 2
SF = 4th

I think kbso is right...unless a miracle happens, we are 7-10. It is a week to week league, so 8-9 is a possibility.

I am probably in the minority, but I would like a fastforward to Black Monday.

Relying on fluke wins and miracles is not a good philosophy to abide by. I think SF and DAL.both play their starters in both games. If they take the foot off the gas and we win both games, I hope harris and the owners are smart enough to see past those wins.

If we lose to the giants, the season will literally be over. At this point, I think From would beat the giants though.
At this point I'm not sure we get to seven if Rodgers is back. The Dallas game could get ugly if we can't pressure Dak. That might be the spot where something happens in regard to Ron. Mini bye after Thanksgiving

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer johnson or a mcvay trade over eb any day.just don,t think he,s proven himself to be a head coach to this point,that may change depending on the rest of the season but it,s a decisive no on eb up to this point.
i dont want to trade for a coach

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'm not sure we get to seven if Rodgers is back. The Dallas game could get ugly if we can't pressure Dak. That might be the spot where something happens in regard to Ron. Mini bye after Thanksgiving
Good point on Rodgers. I thought it was a publicity stunt but maybe it's real.

I think the only shot at Dallas is week 17.

I think the Thanksgiving game is a beat down similar to Buffalo.

If you would have told me we would have had the worst defense in the NFL with 7 games left in the offseason, I would have called you a troll.

I didn't research the hogs haven poll, but call me confused if the bulk of our fans want this coaching staff/Rivera back if the team makes the playoffs based on circumstance. There appears to be a section of our fans who want him back obviously. If that wasn't the case, why are there fan polls and threads here that talk about the minimum it takes to keep him?

If we have to get a new DC, new secondary coach, and of course a new GM to make sure Rivera sticks around, is Rivera really the HC we need? Seems like fans are trying to come up with hypotheticals to justify keeping him for some reason.

As I said, I can see a reality where SF and DAL have already taken care of business and rest starters in week 16 and week 17. It's possible. If it happens, I think we win those games and and a 9 win season with a playoff bid is certainly possible.

If that is the case, does anyone here take those wins seriously? More importantly, does harris and group take them seriously?

I would hope not. Does it happen, I highly doubt it but it is not over until it's over. I am not interested in 2020 again and fans thumping their chest because other teams laid down so we could succeed.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on Rodgers. I thought it was a publicity stunt but maybe it's real.

I think the only shot at Dallas is week 17.

I think the Thanksgiving game is a beat down similar to Buffalo.

If you would have told me we would have had the worst defense in the NFL with 7 games left in the offseason, I would have called you a troll.

I didn't research the hogs haven poll, but call me confused if the bulk of our fans want this coaching staff/Rivera back if the team makes the playoffs based on circumstance. There appears to be a section of our fans who want him back obviously. If that wasn't the case, why are there fan polls and threads here that talk about the minimum it takes to keep him?

If we have to get a new DC, new secondary coach, and of course a new GM to make sure Rivera sticks around, is Rivera really the HC we need? Seems like fans are trying to come up with hypotheticals to justify keeping him for some reason.

As I said, I can see a reality where SF and DAL have already taken care of business and rest starters in week 16 and week 17. It's possible. If it happens, I think we win those games and and a 9 win season with a playoff bid is certainly possible.

If that is the case, does anyone here take those wins seriously? More importantly, does harris and group take them seriously?

I would hope not. Does it happen, I highly doubt it but it is not over until it's over. I am not interested in 2020 again and fans thumping their chest because other teams laid down so we could succeed.
Once Harris traded away Ron's top two edge rushers, the writing was on the wall. Props to you for being early on Ron. I just didnt want Dan to be able to pick his successor.

I expect Harris and Magic to be able to attract better. No disrespect to Ron. This is a tough place to win.

I'm not sure what it would take for me to want to move forward with Ron. As crazy as it sounded at the time, I think skinsdad was right. I'm at the point where it might take two playoff wins to get back in the car and that's not happening. Off-season can't get here fast enough.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Harris traded away Ron's top two edge rushers, the writing was on the wall. Props to you for being early on Ron. I just didnt want Dan to be able to pick his successor.

I expect Harris and Magic to be able to attract better. No disrespect to Ron. This is a tough place to win.

I'm not sure what it would take for me to want to move forward with Ron. As crazy as it sounded at the time, I think skinsdad was right. I'm at the point where it might take two playoff wins to get back in the car and that's not happening. Off-season can't get here fast enough.
would take me losing what little of my mind, jeft to ever want rivera back.:D:thumb::lol:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see what EB looks like with an offensive line and a stud TE. (Bowers?)

McVay would be a Godsend but he would want full control and probably trade away all our picks for vets. Additionally, if their is fire and not just smoke, he'll be pricey (picks). Make no mistake though. If we got Mcvay I'd be pumped!

I'm excited to see what Harris and Magic can pull off. Tons of quality guys out there.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were a few things about Rivera. One of them is about him, the other is not directly related to him.

I was always and still am very uncomfortable with a coach being the GM. It doesn't worrk, nor should it.
When Rivera was hired and I found out he would be the GM, I threw the remote at the TV. Coaches aren't GMs..and GMs aren't coaches.
The fact that Rivera would be overseeing free agency and the draft with zero front office experience made my blood boil. I can see why a coach would want that authority, but it doesn't work. To me, the GM is most important member of the entire organization. Just my 2 cents.

To me, the whole body of work must be taken in to context...especially his overall coaching record. To your point, we can do better...so...why shouldn't we?

To stay as HC, the following would have to happen:

GM hired and that GM requests Rivera to stay.

Rivera stripped of all GM roles and duties.

New DC hired with new defensive staff.

EB agrees to stay.

Rivera finished with 10 wins and made the nfc championship and almost pulled off the upset to end 2023.

Those are the bare minimum conditions and I still don't think it's a good idea. I don't think even 1 of the above is even possible. To me, 1 year doesn't erase his previous 3 years here nor negate his overall coaching resume. Just my opinion.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few things about Rivera. One of them is about him, the other is not directly related to him.

I was always and still am very uncomfortable with a coach being the GM. It doesn't worrk, nor should it.
When Rivera was hired and I found out he would be the GM, I threw the remote at the TV. Coaches aren't GMs..and GMs aren't coaches.
The fact that Rivera would be overseeing free agency and the draft with zero front office experience made my blood boil. I can see why a coach would want that authority, but it doesn't work. To me, the GM is most important member of the entire organization. Just my 2 cents.

To me, the whole body of work must be taken in to context...especially his overall coaching record. To your point, we can do better...so...why shouldn't we?

To stay as HC, the following would have to happen:

GM hired and that GM requests Rivera to stay.

Rivera stripped of all GM roles and duties.

New DC hired with new defensive staff.

EB agrees to stay.

Rivera finished with 10 wins and made the nfc championship and almost pulled off the upset to end 2023.

Those are the bare minimum conditions and I still don't think it's a good idea. I don't think even 1 of the above is even possible. To me, 1 year doesn't erase his previous 3 years here nor negate his overall coaching resume. Just my opinion.
If Ron gets THIS team to an NFC Championship game he'll get an extension and EB will be a HC somewhere. That said, we all know that ain't happening.