• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jets Overhyped?

Are the Jets contenders or pretenders

• Contenders

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Pretenders

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • They're the Jets, c'mon man

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are the Jets, but Rodgers might save them.

Is that overhyped?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Nathaniel Hackett lead Offense only scoring 16 points and less than 200 yards of offense? Wow where have I seen that before. And before anyone says it’s just preseason, we said exactly that last year too.

Also, before anyone chimes in and says the starters including their star QB didn’t even play, we said exactly that last year too.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are overhyped. They just signed a HoF QB. But that doesn't mean they aren't also a contender

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets had a helluva team before rogers. He should take them far

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Nathaniel Hackett lead Offense only scoring 16 points and less than 200 yards of offense? Wow where have I seen that before. And before anyone says it’s just preseason, we said exactly that last year too.

Also, before anyone chimes in and says the starters including their star QB didn’t even play, we said exactly that last year too.
Rodgers did win 2 mvps with Hackett.

The team Russell Wilson left also improved without him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers did win 2 mvps with Hackett.

The team Russell Wilson left also improved without him.

Hackett never called the plays in GB that was all LaFleur. He was OC in name only it wasn’t his scheme nor his play calling that led Rodgers to those MVP’s. He only really got to run his style last year and we know how badly that turned out. No matter what you think about Russ, there is no way a head coach needing someone to come in to help him manage the game clock is on anyone other than that head coach.

Also it says something that 31% of Wilson’s TD total last came after Hackett was fired, and Russ only played 2 games without him.

And yes the Seahawks had their worst record under Russ in 2021 but he did only play 14/17 games and had by no means the worst season under his Seahawks tenure.

This breaks that season down pretty well

Last edited:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett never called the plays in GB that was all LaFleur. He was OC in name only it wasn’t his scheme nor his play calling that led Rodgers to those MVP’s. He only really got to run his style last year and we know how badly that turned out. No matter what you think about Russ, there is no way a head coach needing someone to come in to help him manage the game clock is on anyone other than that head coach.

Also it says something that 31% of Wilson’s TD total last came after Hackett was fired, and Russ only played 2 games without him.

And yes the Seahawks had their worst record under Russ in 2021 but he did only play 14/17 games and had by no means the worst season under his Seahawks tenure.

This breaks that season down pretty well

Hackett was clearly in over his head as a head coach, but I think that there is a reason Rodgers wanted him with the Jets. I don't think it's because they are boyfriends. Rodgers has Cobb for that.

The Broncos clearly thought that they could get Rodgers via a trade and that is likely why they hired Hackett. Would it have gone much better with Rodgers than Wilson last year? Probably not. But the guy isn't some bag boy that knows nothing but his friends.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is, How the hell have the Jets won 6 games?
And how does Joe Flacco put up 30 pts (Defensive TD was the other score) on this vaunted NY Jet defense? Defense is currently 16th in the NFL...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does Joe Flacco put up 30 pts (Defensive TD was the other score) on this vaunted NY Jet defense? Defense is currently 16th in the NFL...
I think it is great that at the beginning of the season Flacco offered his services to the Jets & they said Nah!
Then he comes out of retirement to whip the shit out of them LOL

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is great that at the beginning of the season Flacco offered his services to the Jets & they said Nah!
You wonder where the Jets would be had they signed Flacco... They lost so many one score games without their offense doing anything...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Their stupidity after Rodgers went down was only made worse by their arrogant thought that they would be okay. Of course, their defense yapping about how great they were is funny too.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Their stupidity after Rodgers went down was only made worse by their arrogant thought that they would be okay. Of course, their defense yapping about how great they were is funny too.
Yeah, they got a bit cocky thinking their Defense would carry them... But they ended up getting worn out as the season unfolded due to them being on the field so much...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they got a bit cocky thinking their Defense would carry them... But they ended up getting worn out as the season unfolded due to them being on the field so much...
The days of a defense carrying a team for a full season are gone, I think. I'm not sure it ever truly existed, tbh. At some point, the offense still has to put points on the board. And very few cupcake teams on the schedule to eke out wins week after week.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days of a defense carrying a team for a full season are gone, I think. I'm not sure it ever truly existed, tbh. At some point, the offense still has to put points on the board. And very few cupcake teams on the schedule to eke out wins week after week.
Yeah, just the way the game favors the offense so much... So much easier to get a defensive PI/hold or even a PF while tackling the QB... These extend plays much more frequently in todays game than it did a decade ago causing the defense to remain on the field longer...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two defense I saw do it all year long with no offense.
the Saints defense back in the late 80's or early 90's (memory fade)
& the Ravens defense with Trent Dilfer.