• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jets Overhyped?

Are the Jets contenders or pretenders

• Contenders

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Pretenders

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • They're the Jets, c'mon man

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a good D, not great like everyone thinks they do. Definitely have a stud in Quinnen Williams and Sauce is good but fully expect the zebras to crack down a little on the grabbing. Some other pieces there but 5 of their 7 wins last year were also against back-up or 3rd string QBs. That can make a defense look better than it really is. Rodgers is a huge upgrade at QB but will be 40 by years end and the Oline is still a huge question mark. Good roster but young. Most of the media seems to be tempering back a little so I would say less over-hyped than they were when they got A.R. I think they are a contender to make the play-offs if Rodgers makes it through the season and the Oline is reasonable but I don't think they can compete with the top teams in the conference yet. Maybe upset someone in the WC rd with some breaks but will need a lot of luck to knock off the Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, imo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, the national media is really buying into the narrative that the New York Jets are a dark horse this season, now that they have Aaron Rodgers. My twitter feed is full of Jets camp highlights featuring that Ohio State receiver they got, and pundits applauding Rodgers for taking a pay cut so they could sign other guys and compete.

Are the Jets for real? Not for real? What do people think?

I predict 8-9, with a disappointing performance from Rodgers himself leading the way. Is he still microdosing?
>In New York
>Hall of fame QB
Dark horse

Jets have a hard early schedule, but will be there in the end.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets are going to get insane amounts of national media coverage if they win early, which they may, but will then crash back to Earth.

We need someone to put a Jets helmet on this via photoshop

Mmr3o-1635519411-210504-blog-packers%20cardinals%20face.jpg

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, the national media is really buying into the narrative that the New York Jets are a dark horse this season, now that they have Aaron Rodgers. My twitter feed is full of Jets camp highlights featuring that Ohio State receiver they got, and pundits applauding Rodgers for taking a pay cut so they could sign other guys and compete.

Are the Jets for real? Not for real? What do people think?

I predict 8-9, with a disappointing performance from Rodgers himself leading the way. Is he still microdosing?

That's crazy.

They were 7-10 last year without Rodgers.

They were 4th in defense in the league last year. Their offense was 3rd to last in scoring. That is damn near impossible to have a defense that good and not have a better offense.

If their defense is as good as it was last year, Rodgers can sleepwalk this team into the playoffs.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy.

They were 4th in defense in the league last year. Their offense was 3rd to last in scoring. That is damn near impossible to have a defense that good and not have a better offense.

If their defense is as good as it was last year, Rodgers can sleepwalk this team into the playoffs.
Let him try it!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy.

Not only without Rodgers but with maybe the worst QB in the league last year and some games with a mid-level backup QB. Now they are adding one of the 5 best QBs of all time who although had a down year while playing injured was coming off of back to back MVP seasons before that. It reminds me a lot of Brady coming off a down year in his final season with the Patriots and turning the Bucs into an instant Super Bowl champion.

The Jets success and how far ir goes will be mostly dependent on how good of a HC Saleh really is or if he is even a good HC at all. Getting to 7-10 in the AFC with such a bad QB situation last year makes me think he could be a good HC but then again this his 3rd year a 7-10 season is the best thing he has done this far.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play week 5 right?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play week 5 right?
Yeah they play in Denver in Week 5. Personally I have more faith in the Jets than the Broncos, the Broncos always seem To underachieve and haven’t been to the playoffs since winning Super Bowl 50.

The Jets would’ve made the playoffs last year with decent QB play, and now they are adding in a future Hall of Fame QB. They will be a good team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Jets are absolutely a team to watch and I would put them in the contender category right now. With even a little less than average QB play last year they likely make the playoffs. They lost 7 in a row to end the season, but were in the playoff picture before that. Their QB play wasn't just "not great", it was pathetic. If Rodgers is half of what he was it's a huge upgrade, if he pulls a prime Aaron Rodgers year out of his butt (not necessarily predicting this) it's one of the biggest single season upgrades ever. They drafted a couple of OL and we will see what Becton is IF (big If) he can stay healthy. They have some WRs now and some good young RBs if Hall is healthy and maybe they sign Dalvin Cook who is there on a visit right now. The defense is good and likely going to be even better and especially if Will McDonald is the pass rusher many thought going into the draft. I don't think they win a pretty competitive AFC East but I think they are a playoff team and kind of are built to win in the playoffs. The problem is how do you win on the road in January in KC, Buffalo and Cincy.
This.

The defense is going to be really good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overhyped in terms of going to the Superbowl? yes... Overhyped in terms of winning a postseason game or two? No... Overhyped in terms of winning their division? Maybe...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we,ll know if the jets are real when they go to dallas.i think its week 2.