• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Mahomes GOAT thread (since this comes up in multiple threads)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told I'll die before I'll see another Cowboy championship.

Entertainment remains the very best part of keyboard opinions.
You guys will eventually get the right chemistry, came close this year, defense was ballin, just came down to Dak being so effin up and down, he was like Steve Young one game and Kelly Stouffer the next…

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit, it’s like you are an irrelevant team until he gets there and took them to what 5 championship games?
Yes it's great Andy can win even with a fat dumb inaccurate fearful knucklehead at QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because of the Chunky Soup commercials? You guys are ruthless.
Not ruthless at all. The way he's conducted himself from playing days to now has been cringy and pathetic.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is special and I hope he achieves everything. Brady is considered the Goat by most I’m not in that group. You can’t argue much about about his success the man has done nothing but win and deserves all the accolades for his accomplishments.

For me if I could pick 1 QB from all of NFL history in his prime I would pick Johnny Unitas to start my team In todays NFL.
What he did before the passing game was the way it is now is incredible.

This is Pats thread and he is the most exciting QB to watch right now. Some of the stuff he does makes you go WTH how did he do that. Awesome player with a very bright future!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would choose Mahomes over Brady, Rodgers, and Brees even at their peaks. What separates them and allows them and other all time great QBs to still be ranked ahead of Mahomes is longevity. They have or had been consistently excellent for most of their entire careers and therefore deserve their lofty positions within the all time QB hierarchy. As you stated, Mahomes needs to show this for another X number of years, which I'd say should be a minimum of at least another half dozen, perhaps longer. But as it stands right now, he's the best QB I've ever seen in a given period of time.
The things I like about Pat is he is a humble and a team leader, someone his teammates would go to battle for. Aaron is neither and all this drama about if he will retire, or go somewhere else is getting nauseating. Sure he has tangibles, but lacks the intangibles and self centered. " I think I go go to another team and win another MVP" I guess Lombardi's don't matter

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things I like about Pat is he is a humble and a team leader, someone his teammates would go to battle for. Aaron is neither and all this drama about if he will retire, or go somewhere else is getting nauseating. Sure he has tangibles, but lacks the intangibles and self centered. " I think I go go to another team and win another MVP" I guess Lombardi's don't matter
How fascinating that this was pretty much the same scenario with Favre in his last 4-5 years with the Pack as well. Every offseason was him publicly wondering if he should retire. It really became quite annoying. Two great, HOF-quality QBs back-back for Packerland, but talk about a couple of primadonnas at the respective ends of their Green Bay careers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is special and I hope he achieves everything. Brady is considered the Goat by most I’m not in that group. You can’t argue much about about his success the man has done nothing but win and deserves all the accolades for his accomplishments.

For me if I could pick 1 QB from all of NFL history in his prime I would pick Johnny Unitas to start my team In todays NFL.
What he did before the passing game was the way it is now is incredible.

This is Pats thread and he is the most exciting QB to watch right now. Some of the stuff he does makes you go WTH how did he do that. Awesome player with a very bright future!
I would have loved to see a young Unitas in today's NFL. The dude was absolutely incredible when you watch some of the old film. No way to know for sure but I would guess he would be putting up numbers similar to Mahomes in today's game. Mahomes is truly a special player to watch now though. We are living in a very fortunate time with the young QB play on display.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but you have to wonder how successful he would have been if he, say, wound up in Tennessee or Carolina or something instead of being drafted by Andy Reid and the Chiefs.

The knock on Mahomes coming out of college was that he was a gunslinger who might commit a lot of turnovers in the NFL. That simply hasn't happened, and I think Reid has probably had more to do with it than meets the eye.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but you have to wonder how successful he would have been if he, say, wound up in Tennessee or Carolina or something instead of being drafted by Andy Reid and the Chiefs.

The knock on Mahomes coming out of college was that he was a gunslinger who might commit a lot of turnovers in the NFL. That simply hasn't happened, and I think Reid has probably had more to do with it than meets the eye.
sure, sure, KC & Jacksonville have great coaches too.

:lock1:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see how patty cakes does when he doesnt have andy reid getting guys open all over the field for him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm an Andy Reid fan, but I'm not sure how you can watch the Chiefs play and not come away instead thinking "I wonder how successful Andy Reid would have been in KC if they didn't draft a guy who has proven by far to be the best QB in the NFL right now and seems to make those around him better more than anyone else in the league". This was the year losing Hill was going to expose Mahomes...and boy, did it...

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Andy Reid fan, but I'm not sure how you can watch the Chiefs play and not come away instead thinking "I wonder how successful Andy Reid would have been in KC if they didn't draft a guy who has proven by far to be the best QB in the NFL right now and seems to make those around him better more than anyone else in the league". This was the year losing Hill was going to expose Mahomes...and boy, did it...
Ya 5 seasons with Alex Smith resulted in one playoff win.

Brett Veach deserves the credit for the Chiefs selecting Mahomes in the draft. As a personnel scout he was campaigning for the messianic QB all the way back in 2014.

At the same time, Veach got started in the NFL as a lowly intern for Andy Reid in Philly. So a good hire on Reid's part paid off in a big way.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen anyone like him. I love watching the man play the game. He's fantastic. But it's way too early. Get back to me when he's leading his team to SBs and tossing for > 5000 yards in his 40s.... with his 2nd team.
Guess you never watched Curtis Painter play

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks said Brady couldn't do without Belichick.
With Belichicks .477 record and only 1 playoff win in 10 years w/o Brady, sure looks like the other way around. Took over that 5-13 team and won the SB and then the stacked 7-9 team in TB and 30 sec away from going to another one, vs Rams