• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's really not that complicated: Mahomes is that dude

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans after all that shit Niners players talked last year on how they would have beaten KC if only purdy didn’t get hurt

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomey over all… agree

The dude is Derek Jeter with total package.

He’s freekin Batman without Robin and Alfred.
Jeter is a weird example considering he wasn’t the GOAT of anything or in that conversation.

I would say Kelce is pretty damn good Robin. Best TE ever.
Reid, an offensive-minded genius, the perfect Alfred.
You literally made the perfect example, just said the opposite LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you say Brady to that. He isnt as talented as Mahomes. But he is WAY smarter football player.

When Brady was 28, the best WR or TE that Brady had ever played with was Deion Branch (a guy who never caught 1000 yards in a single season in his entire career). The struggles that Mahomes had this year with a lack of weaponry was a problem Brady had for the 1st 7 or so years of his career.

And Brady really doenst get the credit for the absolute magician he was in the pocket. The difference was that Brady was just as effective with 1 step and a shuffle as Mahomes is with an amazing athletic scramble.

And then there is the huge difference where Mahomes has Andy Reid. Brady had to struggle with a defensive minded head coach who, as has been proven, doesnt really excel at the offensive side of the football.

Obviously Mahomes is f'ing great. And I can see voting for him. But he has had a set up that some other comparables didnt have. And Brady can still flash the rings as proof he is THAT DUDE now and maybe forever.
Pretty insane Brady’s best weapon for his first 2 SB’s and a long run in his career was Deion Branch. The defense was always good but he turned lemon skittles into a lake of lemonade with that shit offense. Mahomes had Kelce his entire career, so that itself it 10x better than what Brady had for 1/3 of his career.
And I really don’t like Brady. Hated him and BB with a passion but no way in hell is GOAT already.

He is on a hell of a pace but two huge keys will be when Kelce and Reid retire. I think Reid more so.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Mahomes have to get 7 rings to take over as GOAT? What if he ends up with 5 but better stats?

No, but at least several more great years. What if he ends up with 3 and his performance declines?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but at least several more great years. What if he ends up with 3 and his performance declines?
I'm predicting otherwise, that's my take. No matter how many rings he wins (team accomplishments) I take him over any other QB to start for my team including Brady and Montana. Can do what Brady does plus more (mainly running)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know already 3 Super Bowls, but I'll stick with Tom for now. Left the Pats and just went over to the Bucs and was like, "Oh no problem, I'll win one here too."

You could MAYBE argue Mahomes is the best improv QB of all time (or on that path), but Tom Brady is still the best pre-snap read QB in NFL history. Yes even better than Manning. Brady was amazing at dissecting a defense before the snap and know immediately where to go with the ball. Not to mention outside of Gronk (who was always injured) and Moss for a year he didn't really have great offensive weapons. And BB was NOT an offensive coach... he was a defensive guy and it's pretty obvious he relied on Brady to basically do everything on offense lol.

Mahomes gets another Super Bowl or 2 though and plays another 10 years at a high level, we may be talkin'... but if Mahomes ended his career today, I'd still keep Brady #1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mahomes' greatness is more tied to his athleticism than Brady, so injuries could eventually be a concern in terms of longevity.

It will be interesting to see how they transition once Kelce is done. They use plenty of TEs other than Kelce, but he draws so much defensive attention that they will need bigger contributions elsewhere IMO. Getting a threat at WR to pair with Rice would be a great start.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter is a weird example considering he wasn’t the GOAT of anything or in that conversation.

I would say Kelce is pretty damn good Robin. Best TE ever.
Reid, an offensive-minded genius, the perfect Alfred.
You literally made the perfect example, just said the opposite LOL
Jeters intangibles, that’s what made him a goat imo. I know jetes was not the best of anything.

But he sure as hell can be put in same conversation as mahomes as far as being a winner.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is on another level as compared to every other QB in the NFL now. He’s amazing. I’ll still take Brady as the GOAT for now, but Mahomes may surpass him at some point. This season was Mahomes most impressive run yet IMO, the Chiefs offense wasn’t as strong this year and wasn’t clicking as well many times in the regular season, and Mahomes still managed to drive them to a Super Bowl win. Not to mention the road in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl win was challenging, in this years postseason they knocked off both #1 seeds, plus a red hot Bills team in Buffalo and an explosive Dolphins team.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Mahomes wins 7 super bowls he is nowhere near Brady. Two things that really stood out to me about TB is that he won a championship on another team which is incredibly hard and also playing for as long as he did. I dont believe that Mahomes can pull this athletic mobility at age 36.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tom Brady is better than Mahomes"

Rejected No Way GIF by Ovation TV

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps
if we are talking any era and right after his college days.

I just might select Staubach.

Not a bad thought. He'd be a superstar today and he's probably the only one from that era that I'm absolutely certain would.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know already 3 Super Bowls, but I'll stick with Tom for now. Left the Pats and just went over to the Bucs and was like, "Oh no problem, I'll win one here too."

You could MAYBE argue Mahomes is the best improv QB of all time (or on that path), but Tom Brady is still the best pre-snap read QB in NFL history. Yes even better than Manning. Brady was amazing at dissecting a defense before the snap and know immediately where to go with the ball. Not to mention outside of Gronk (who was always injured) and Moss for a year he didn't really have great offensive weapons. And BB was NOT an offensive coach... he was a defensive guy and it's pretty obvious he relied on Brady to basically do everything on offense lol.

Mahomes gets another Super Bowl or 2 though and plays another 10 years at a high level, we may be talkin'... but if Mahomes ended his career today, I'd still keep Brady #1.

Tom Brady 2-0 vs Mahomes in playoffs.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you say Brady to that. He isnt as talented as Mahomes. But he is WAY smarter football player.

When Brady was 28, the best WR or TE that Brady had ever played with was Deion Branch (a guy who never caught 1000 yards in a single season in his entire career). The struggles that Mahomes had this year with a lack of weaponry was a problem Brady had for the 1st 7 or so years of his career.

And Brady really doenst get the credit for the absolute magician he was in the pocket. The difference was that Brady was just as effective with 1 step and a shuffle as Mahomes is with an amazing athletic scramble.

And then there is the huge difference where Mahomes has Andy Reid. Brady had to struggle with a defensive minded head coach who, as has been proven, doesnt really excel at the offensive side of the football.

Obviously Mahomes is f'ing great. And I can see voting for him. But he has had a set up that some other comparables didnt have. And Brady can still flash the rings as proof he is THAT DUDE now and maybe forever.
Brady has a defense that helped carry those first couple SB’s.

Mahomes just now had a good defense this year. Prior to this year, the offense had to carry the team.

Brady’s first several years, all he had to do was be a game manager and not turn the ball over because the defense was legit.

That’s why, when you compare Mahomes and Brady’s stats at the same age, Mahomes stats dwarf Brady’s.

Plus, Bledsoe helped get NE to their first SB after Brady got injured.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tom Brady is better than Mahomes"

Rejected No Way GIF by Ovation TV
Lmao Moose, you really care more about that QB comparison than having won another SB a few days ago. How many times are you going to post and repeat those stats? Quite frankly, most people don’t care 1% about that as much you do. Hilarious.