• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that Woody Johnson would up the price to 4/$60M not only to have a solid player, but to tweak BB. He's done it in the past. Curtis Martin comes to mind immediately.

I think Martin was more of a Bill Parcells thing than Woody Johnson.

well plus the fact woody didnt own the jets in 98:suds:
Other than from @cheerupcharlie, I've never seen so much time spent talking about a woody.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jakobi. Don’t love. He is slightly better than average. But our current WR’s suck so badly that he seems better then he really is. I can’t even think of a single play where he just really stood out. Maybe I’m getting old and my memory isn’t what it once was. But not one memorable play. Maybe his 1st TD???? Hope they don’t overpay for him because they are desperate.
He's not big, fast, strong, elusive or any other top tier trait.

But he is tough and super reliable.

So a solid #3 maybe a #2 that can put up great numbers between the red zones especially if paired with another WR that is a true #1.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jakobi. Don’t love. He is slightly better than average. But our current WR’s suck so badly that he seems better then he really is. I can’t even think of a single play where he just really stood out. Maybe I’m getting old and my memory isn’t what it once was. But not one memorable play. Maybe his 1st TD???? Hope they don’t overpay for him because they are desperate.
I love Jakobi. I remember many plays where he sat down in a zone and caught the ball and spun around and made yards before zone defenders crashed in. He is excellent! - be he is not a #1. I hope we don't overpay him. If he gets a big fat contract somewhere else, I'll be happy for him and change my Avi and wave goodbye.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many DB's have been resigned after rookie contracts in Bills career. I can count on one hand.
You got big hands?

I got...

James Sanders
Pat Chung
Devin McCourty
Nate Ebner
Duron Harmon
Logan Ryan
Jonathan Jones

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

I know he's old, but would signing Julio Jones to team friendly contract benefit Mac Jones? The guys has great hands, can still run better than half of the WRs out there and isn't afraid to cross the seams. 1yr/$4M? 2yrs/$7M with incentives?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

I know he's old, but would signing Julio Jones to team friendly contract benefit Mac Jones? The guys had great hands, can still run better than half of the WRs out there and isn't afraid to cross the seams. 1yr/$4M? yrs/$7M with incentives?
NOPE no thanks, he needs to hand em up. I don't want the team getting older.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

I know he's old, but would signing Julio Jones to team friendly contract benefit Mac Jones? The guys has great hands, can still run better than half of the WRs out there and isn't afraid to cross the seams. 1yr/$4M? 2yrs/$7M with incentives?
this should be in stupid news :suds:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

I'd bring him in at least through the summer.
If he sticks he sticks. Just knowing he's not an every down player and his pay would reflect it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got big hands?

I got...

James Sanders
Pat Chung
Devin McCourty
Nate Ebner
Duron Harmon
Logan Ryan
Jonathan Jones
Patrick Chung was not resigned after his rookie contract. He was signed asa free agent by Eagles. He was released after 1 year and was picked up by Patriots.

Ebner was a core special teamer.

Count again, that leaves 5 which I can count on my large hands!
Come at me again with your A game, my friend!:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

We go through this every year with Julio!
If I didnt want him 2 years ago, why would I want him now!
Ken. You are letting your "old guy" judgement misleading you!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken. You are letting your "old guy" judgement misleading you!
He wasn't great this past year, but he caught a few beauties. He's as good as what the Patriots presently have.

"Old guys are good to have around when the shit hits the fan."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Chung was not resigned after his rookie contract. He was signed asa free agent by Eagles. He was released after 1 year and was picked up by Patriots.

Ebner was a core special teamer.

Count again, that leaves 5 which I can count on my large hands!
Come at me again with your A game, my friend!:suds:
Yes Chung went to the Eagles. He was drafted by the Pats and he re signed for his second stint with the Pats, which was again extended. After his rookie contract.
Nate Ebner was drafted as a defensive Back and he played Defensive Back at times and he was extended after his rookie contract.

I'll concede Chung is...a technicality.
Ebner stays. No moving the goal posts.

william h macy cheers GIF by Shameless

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

Nope. What did he do in TB with TB as his QB?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK? Show me many and I will show you twice as many he has let slip away.

Oh and define many before we tap dance on this?
Post 147

Define "always"
Define "Let slip away"

Not too many DB's Bill drafted went somewhere else and had a great career.
Darius Butler played a good number of years for the Colts. He is the only one I can think of that had more than a modicum of success elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong. BB threw A LOT of DB spaghetti at the wall trying to get something to stick.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. What did he do in TB with TB as his QB?

What did the rest of the receivers in TB do with TB as their QB this year?

Personally, I'd bring him to camp and see if he can make the team. He's likely got a few good plays left in him which is more than our entire 2022 offense had in them.