• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the WR market is closer to a flea market than a top line grocery store. Meyers is young, never been hurt, and can do whatever the offense needs him to do. IF BB thought he could get him cheap, he would have already made him an offer. Instead, he must have told him to test the market but asked him to give Bill a final chance to match or do better than the best he's offered. It's been something he's done a lot in the past. Sometimes it's worked, other times it hasn't.

Since franchised WRs are at $17.5M, getting Jakobi for $15M would be less than a #1 and still be a very reasonable price going forward. $15M in 2026 will be a steal.

I’m not saying what I think about Jakobi but rather what I think Bill thinks of Jakobi and I don’t think Bill values him that highly. Meyers benefited significantly by being one of the only reliable pass catchers on the field. If he was paid like a #1 then he’d be covered like he’s a #1 and I’m not sure how that would go. Love the guy but I don’t think he’s a Patriot next season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying what I think about Jakobi but rather what I think Bill thinks of Jakobi and I don’t think Bill values him that highly. Meyers benefited significantly by being one of the only reliable pass catchers on the field. If he was paid like a #1 then he’d be covered like he’s a #1 and I’m not sure how that would go. Love the guy but I don’t think he’s a Patriot next season.
I agree with you 100%.

I honestly believe that he will be overpaid because there just are not any top notch WR available in FA. The Bears have a ton of money and Justin Fields needs reliable WRs. Meyers will get at least $13M from them.

I also agree with Southie that he's probably worth a lot less to Bill and might be worth $9M. Problem is that players are paid by their market value and this year the market is bare. Hence the value of a Meyers is greatly enhanced.

Bill will not pay him what other teams will spend to get him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100%.

I honestly believe that he will be overpaid because there just are not any top notch WR available in FA. The Bears have a ton of money and Justin Fields needs reliable WRs. Meyers will get at least $13M from them.

I also agree with Southie that he's probably worth a lot less to Bill and might be worth $9M. Problem is that players are paid by their market value and this year the market is bare. Hence the value of a Meyers is greatly enhanced.

Bill will not pay him what other teams will spend to get him.
Agholor or Jonnu Smith would be great targets for Bears Justin Fields!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that Woody Johnson would up the price to 4/$60M not only to have a solid player, but to tweak BB. He's done it in the past. Curtis Martin comes to mind immediately.
I think Martin was more of a Bill Parcells thing than Woody Johnson.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure any team wants that Smith contract based on his under performance here in NE
Bears have a lot of money and need receivers for Fields. A TE could really help Fields.
I really hope a rejuvenated offense will help Jonnu - but his contract still sucks bigtime!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have a lot of money and need receivers for Fields. A TE could really help Fields.
I really hope a rejuvenated offense will help Jonnu - but his contract still sucks bigtime!
Exactly his contract sucks and IMO no team will touch that. Best we can hope for is BOB find a way to use two otherwise good TEs on the roster.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping and praying the new coaching staff can figure out how to make Smith and Agholor live up to their original expectations.
agholer is a fa:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why we need to keep meyers he is the best available:suds:

1675794202423.png

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF BB thought he could get him cheap, he would have already made him an offer. Instead, he must have told him to test the market but asked him to give Bill a final chance to match or do better than the best he's offered.
Or, he's been preoccupied with coaching changes and the shrine/senior bowls and knows he still has a month or so to work on Jakobi.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, he's been preoccupied with coaching changes and the shrine/senior bowls and knows he still has a month or so to work on Jakobi.
The combine starts in less than 3 weeks.
I think we want to see some players we could draft before we give away contracts.....

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we want to see some players we could draft before we give away contracts.....
new season starts 3/15 and FAs can talk to other teams 3/13 When is the combine and do we really want to rely on the draft to pick our WRs:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an average back. He is not going to get the offers he hopes for. might still be too much for Patriots.
Agree he is just average. I'd be happy if NE can sign him to a team friendly deal. That would make my prospect pick null and void,

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Bill always lets players test the waters.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly his contract sucks and IMO no team will touch that. Best we can hope for is BOB find a way to use two otherwise good TEs on the roster.
For a team that got so much production out of the TE position. you would have to think it was the lack of a real OC. I think with BoB back we see a return to using the TEs more.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jakobi. Don’t love. He is slightly better than average. But our current WR’s suck so badly that he seems better then he really is. I can’t even think of a single play where he just really stood out. Maybe I’m getting old and my memory isn’t what it once was. But not one memorable play. Maybe his 1st TD???? Hope they don’t overpay for him because they are desperate.