• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Successful managers always surround themselves with good people. In BB's start with the Patriots he had Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss.
Was Weiss actually good? Two thing come to mind that contradict each other. First, Weiss may have been the exact right supportive personality to nurse TB through 2001. Second, during one of his seasons BB took play calling away from Weiss and you don't do that to an established OC.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a true and accurate statement. I have not heard BB tak responsibility for this disaster
And I suppose 1 and (2 -1) aren't the same? He said "If things don't go well, it's on me". Then things did not go well. He took responsibility before things went badly so why does he need to reaffirm it's was his job to do better?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I suppose 1 and (2 -1) aren't the same? He said "If things don't go well, it's on me". Then things did not go well. He took responsibility before things went badly so why does he need to reaffirm it's was his job to do better?
Because that's what leaders do. They admit their faults and shortcomings and aspire to correct them. Is he required to state it publicly? No! But its professional to admit your mistakes and correct your actions, especially when you preface it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's what leaders do. They admit their faults and shortcomings and aspire to correct them. Is he required to state it publicly? No! But its professional to admit your mistakes and correct your actions, especially when you preface it.
And he did. (paraphrased) "If things go wrong it's on me". He said it with conviction. Is there any confusion whether BB thought things went well? How could there be?

BB does not over talk. Whenever he's asked to confirm something he says something like "I've already stated it, go back and look at the recording". This is not BB not accepting responsibility, it's the way he handles the media.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos gave up their 2023 first round pick and 2024 second round pick to the Saints for HC Sean Peyton.

Saints must rim payroll and are looking to gather draft picks to fill the holes..

As I have said previously, BB should be in the middle of this flea market.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos gave up their 2023 first round pick and 2024 second round pick to the Saints for HC Sean Peyton.

Saints must rim payroll and are looking to gather draft picks to fill the holes..

As I have said previously, BB should be in the middle of this flea market.
Between this haul and what they gave Seattle do they have any picks left?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Be Surprised If:

1. The Patriots do NOT resign Jakobi Meyers
Reason:
The WR free agent pool is extremely shallow and many teams need WRs. Teams will be paying a premium for Meyers because he has great hands and can find open spaces against the zones.

2. The Patriots pay a bit over the top for Jabril Peppers.
Reason:
Peppers play four positions for the Patriots in 2022. Strong Safety, Free Safety, CB and LB. He's an honest to goodness favorite of all three Belichicks and Jerrod Mayo.

3. The Patriots resign Johnathan Jones.
Reason:
Jones tweeted publicly Saturday that he really would like to return with the Patriots. It's believed that he has instructed his agent to start talking immediately.

4. The Patriots resign Damian Harris.

Reason: Free agent RB s are thick as fleas. Barkley, Jacobs and Hunt leasd a strong class and BB has always been fair with returning offers.

5. The Patriots do NOT inquire about a trade for Deandre Hopkins.
Reason:
Bill O'Brien traded him from the Texans because of his attitude and lack of training. Last thing a new OC needs is a pain in ass thatn he got rid of once.

6. If the Patriots trade Jonnu Smith to the Bears or Broncos.
Reason:
Bears have a shit ton of cap space and JS would fill a real need for Justin Field. A smaller, quicker TE who cn catch. The Broncos have a new HC in Sean Peyton, who is a close friend and ally of BB. Smith would fill the same need for Russell Wilson who had no one to catch passes in 2022. Patriots would mostly likely get 4th and 7th round picks.

Been doing a lot of reading and very little posting over the past week.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Be Surprised If:

1. The Patriots do NOT resign Jakobi Meyers
Reason:
The WR free agent pool is extremely shallow and many teams need WRs. Teams will be paying a premium for Meyers because he has great hands and can find open spaces against the zones.

2. The Patriots pay a bit over the top for Jabril Peppers.
Reason:
Peppers play four positions for the Patriots in 2022. Strong Safety, Free Safety, CB and LB. He's an honest to goodness favorite of all three Belichicks and Jerrod Mayo.

3. The Patriots resign Johnathan Jones.
Reason:
Jones tweeted publicly Saturday that he really would like to return with the Patriots. It's believed that he has instructed his agent to start talking immediately.

4. The Patriots resign Damian Harris.

Reason: Free agent RB s are thick as fleas. Barkley, Jacobs and Hunt leasd a strong class and BB has always been fair with returning offers.

5. The Patriots do NOT inquire about a trade for Deandre Hopkins.
Reason:
Bill O'Brien traded him from the Texans because of his attitude and lack of training. Last thing a new OC needs is a pain in ass thatn he got rid of once.

6. If the Patriots trade Jonnu Smith to the Bears or Broncos.
Reason:
Bears have a shit ton of cap space and JS would fill a real need for Justin Field. A smaller, quicker TE who cn catch. The Broncos have a new HC in Sean Peyton, who is a close friend and ally of BB. Smith would fill the same need for Russell Wilson who had no one to catch passes in 2022. Patriots would mostly likely get 4th and 7th round picks.

Been doing a lot of reading and very little posting over the past week.
Agree on most things but I think we resign Meyers. His price will not be too great. I expect about $9 million

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spot trac has him in the middle if u want good players u got to pay them
I'm willing to bet that Woody Johnson would up the price to 4/$60M not only to have a solid player, but to tweak BB. He's done it in the past. Curtis Martin comes to mind immediately.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jakobi is a signing I feel is a must. To me it seems he has the best hands on the team, issue is he is not a #1 and should not be paid like one. BB is infamous for not over paying so this could be real interesting.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that Woody Johnson would up the price to 4/$60M not only to have a solid player, but to tweak BB. He's done it in the past. Curtis Martin comes to mind immediately.

Meyers is no Martin. And I personally don’t think he’ll be as good on other teams.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jakobi is a signing I feel is a must. To me it seems he has the best hands on the team, issue is he is not a #1 and should not be paid like one. BB is infamous for not over paying so this could be real interesting.
You all know I have been a Meyers fan since the beginning. He is not getting $16 million from this team.
I'd love to see him stay andso would Meyers. If his agent holds out for top dollar, I'll be disapointed

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyers is no Martin. And I personally don’t think he’ll be as good on other teams.
True, but the WR market is closer to a flea market than a top line grocery store. Meyers is young, never been hurt, and can do whatever the offense needs him to do. IF BB thought he could get him cheap, he would have already made him an offer. Instead, he must have told him to test the market but asked him to give Bill a final chance to match or do better than the best he's offered. It's been something he's done a lot in the past. Sometimes it's worked, other times it hasn't.

Since franchised WRs are at $17.5M, getting Jakobi for $15M would be less than a #1 and still be a very reasonable price going forward. $15M in 2026 will be a steal.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the WR market is closer to a flea market than a top line grocery store. Meyers is young, never been hurt, and can do whatever the offense needs him to do. IF BB thought he could get him cheap, he would have already made him an offer. Instead, he must have told him to test the market but asked him to give Bill a final chance to match or do better than the best he's offered. It's been something he's done a lot in the past. Sometimes it's worked, other times it hasn't.

Since franchised WRs are at $17.5M, getting Jakobi for $15M would be less than a #1 and still be a very reasonable price going forward. $15M in 2026 will be a steal.
$15 million is not a steal for a #2 WR - that is #1 money. I love Jakobi but he is not a #1

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Spotrack, once you get past the top 32 WR's (not all #1's) The average salary is $7 million. In this market he is worth more than $7 million but I'll stick with my value of around $9 million.
  • Meyers finished as a top-36 PPR WR in 6 weeks. He posted a single WR1 week.
  • Among 74 WRs with 50+ targets, Meyers ranked T-47th in yards per route run.
  • Primarily playing out of the slot, Meyers’ average depth of target was only 9.9 yards.
  • He ranked 25th among WRs in % of team red zone targets. Through 3 seasons, he’s totaled just 2 TDs (all in ’21) on 168 catches.