• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some interesting info.

My favorite target in free agency, LT Orlando Brown has an anticipated market value in 2023 of $22.5M per year. It's expected that any team wishing to sign him will have to pony up a minimum offer of 5 years/ $115M. The Chiefs are expected to make him a 6 year/ $144M offer.

Here's their problem. They've rewritten Patrick Mahomes contract twice and he's due a $46.5M salary in 2023. They keep re-guaranteeing more money and he's been pocketing huge bonuses that hit the cap but not as severely as his salary. He's got 8 years left on that contract and half of his original $450M was guaranteed. The biggest problem for the Chiefs is that they only have $14.7M of cap space and $2,5M has to be allotted for their first round pick in the draft. Now they have $12.2M. So who do they cut? Rewrite Mahomes contract for a third time? He already counts 21% against the cap and rewriting just puts those dollars at the last three years. If he gets hurt and can't finish, they still have to pay the guarantee and that's a massive cap hit.

I think that the Patriots could offer Brown 5 years/$120M and get him. Then offer McGlinchey 4 years/ $64M and they'd have the most solid OL in the NFL. It would eat up $40M of the $70M cap but whatever was spent after would be gravy. Might even be able to steal a vet center for $6 or $&M.

Mac would have a couple extra seconds to re-read the coverage and make his WRs look like a bunch of #1s.
If and I feel it's a big if they land both those tackles that opens up a lot in the draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could get the Boston Herald. Karen Guerigian and Andrew Callahan interviewed Patriots players and wrote an article that was published this past week. Not a single good thing was said about Patricia or Judge.

Patricia according to the article was so conservative that both Kendrick Bourne and Mac Jones called him out. Both said that the offense needed to be more aggressive. Patricia said that it would work itself out. Bourne didn't agree and spent pretty much the rest of the season in the doghouse. Supposedly, he went to Belichick and demanded a trade so that he could "Get the fuck out of this mess." BB cal,ed him down and told him to be patient.

Judge was sticking his nose in every other area of practices until the other coaches told players to "Ignore that asshole." BB got involved and told Judge to stay out of other areas of practice, especially ST.

There is a positive side. The team dysfunction caused team owner to step in and tell Bill that changes had to be made. There was no argument from BB. There is a very positive feeling about Bill O'Brien becoming the OC. The players interviewed did not suggest what they thought had to be done but felt that BB lost a ton of respect for his coaching choices in 2022 and they said that he started to get it back with the new changes.

I'm not surprised by the article, though I am surprised that players were willing to step forward. The more we hear, the more I think Bill knew he'd made a mess and there was no way he was going to blow up the season last October or November and possibly make things worse. I would guess that BB's ego took a solid blow and he may be more open to someone else's opinion before acting in the future.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could get the Boston Herald. Karen Guerigian and Andrew Callahan interviewed Patriots players and wrote an article that was published this past week. Not a single good thing was said about Patricia or Judge.

Patricia according to the article was so conservative that both Kendrick Bourne and Mac Jones called him out. Both said that the offense needed to be more aggressive. Patricia said that it would work itself out. Bourne didn't agree and spent pretty much the rest of the season in the doghouse. Supposedly, he went to Belichick and demanded a trade so that he could "Get the fuck out of this mess." BB cal,ed him down and told him to be patient.

Judge was sticking his nose in every other area of practices until the other coaches told players to "Ignore that asshole." BB got involved and told Judge to stay out of other areas of practice, especially ST.

There is a positive side. The team dysfunction caused team owner to step in and tell Bill that changes had to be made. There was no argument from BB. There is a very positive feeling about Bill O'Brien becoming the OC. The players interviewed did not suggest what they thought had to be done but felt that BB lost a ton of respect for his coaching choices in 2022 and they said that he started to get it back with the new changes.

I'm not surprised by the article, though I am surprised that players were willing to step forward. The more we hear, the more I think Bill knew he'd made a mess and there was no way he was going to blow up the season last October or November and possibly make things worse. I would guess that BB's ego took a solid blow and he may be more open to someone else's opinion before acting in the future.
More and more coming out.

All of which bodes well for 2023.

“A lot of guys would ask, ‘Well, what’s going to happen if (the defense) does this?’ And you would see they hadn’t really accounted for that yet,” a source told the Herald. “And they’d say, ‘We’ll get to that when we get to that.’ That type of attitude got us in trouble.”

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“A lot of guys would ask, ‘Well, what’s going to happen if (the defense) does this?’ And you would see they hadn’t really accounted for that yet,” a source told the Herald. “And they’d say, ‘We’ll get to that when we get to that.’ That type of attitude got us in trouble.”

So shit we have been talking about since week 3? Hmmm go figure fans that know more than the media

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

until they name their source its all just BS:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until this. You keep talking about Bill's ego but I think you are thinking about yourself!
You're welcome to your opinion.

Like any person, the ego is the driving force. What you feel you can do, you do. We all step over our bounds at times.
Bill overstepped his. He said at the very beginning of the season, that if things didn't go right it was his responsibility.
Did he say he was wrong? Did he say he made a serious misjudgment? Did say that he would name an OC?

His ego won't let him and the word games will continue.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BST Friday discussed the internal team problems last night.

The biggest was Matt Patricia as a coach of the offense. He was trying to install a Shanahan type offense but didn't understand it. This is where Kendrick Bourne became a thorn in MP's side. He worked with Shanahan and understood the concepts and would ask MP what the offense would shift to id a defense did something and MP always would say to the entire offense, "We deal with that if it happens." Bourne would press and finally MP put him in the doghouse.

Mac Jones just didn't like Joe Judge the man. Judge was condescending and by the end of September Mac was walking away from Judge. Judge had problems in NE before he took over ST and his personality was a cancer as a HC with the Giants and he refused to listen to Mara. He was fired with three years remaining on his contract.

Internally, MP and JJ were basically free. MP's contract in 2022 iwas paid with the Lions. Judge has two years left on his Giants' contract. Belichick has already said the JJ will be back. He will not be working with the offense, especially Mac. Cam Achord didn't do badly as the ST coach in 2022, until the wheels came off with two kickoff returns for TDs against the Bills. The question is, Can JJ be a ST Coach again after being the HC and Boss in NY. Sure couldn't handle being the QB coach.

They touched on a couple of other things but they quit and kind of left the whole discussion without any attempt to discuss 2023. Pretty odd because usually someone at least tries to input an opinion.

Successful managers always surround themselves with good people. In BB's start with the Patriots he had Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss. Then he had McDaniels, O'Brien and McDaniels again. On Defense after Crennel he had Mangini, then Dean Peas for four years (2006-09. There was no official DC until Patricia took over in 2012 and stayed with it through 2017. Brian Flores took over for one year and went to Miami. The Patriots have not had an official DC since 2019. BB had TB12 as QB until 2019 and too many people attribute the Patriots' success on him. Much of the Patriots' success was actually having top notch coordinators who could work with players and teach as well as coach. Bill's biggest problem over the past couple of years is not just losing Brady, he hasn't surrounded himself with a very good management team.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome to your opinion.

Like any person, the ego is the driving force. What you feel you can do, you do. We all step over our bounds at times.
Bill overstepped his. He said at the very beginning of the season, that if things didn't go right it was his responsibility.
Did he say he was wrong? Did he say he made a serious misjudgment? Did say that he would name an OC?

His ego won't let him and the word games will continue.
WTF are you babbling here? Do you or do you not have your own eyes?

He said, as you correctly stated, if things didn't go right it was his responsibility. Do your eyes tell you they went right? My eyes tell me they went wrong therefore it's on him.

Why the fuck does he need to admit to something the entire world can see for themselves? Did I miss where he said "THIS ISN'T MY FUALT" or "THAT'S NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY"?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you babbling here? Do you or do you not have your own eyes?
Your comprehension ability is pitiful. I'll explain in third grade English.

Bill Belichick said in September 2022 that everything is his responsibility in regards to his coaching staff.
He has not repeated that since or accepted that he made a mistake is allowing Matt Patricia to continue to handle the offense and the play calling even after it was evident after week four that he couldn't do it.

In 2023 BB has not said that the failed 2022 season was his fault. He has said nothing.

End of explanation.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill Belichick said in September 2022 that everything is his responsibility in regards to his coaching staff.
He has not repeated that since or accepted that he made a mistake is allowing Matt Patricia to continue to handle the offense and the play calling even after it was evident after week four that he couldn't do it.

In 2023 BB has not said that the failed 2022 season was his fault. He has said nothing.

End of explanation.
My comprehension is just find when reading coherent statements .Let me explain in kindergarten English for you. Two people are in a room. One farts. Does the farter need to admit he did it?

Both people know who did it and we all know who's at fault for the 2022 Pats. It's not Patricia for trying to do a job he wasn't qualified to do. It was as BB said it was, BB's responsibility. He knows it, we know it, Kraft knows it. Just like the farter, nobody needs to admit to something when everyone knows who is responsible.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BK wants an apology from Coach B directly pointed to him. And I know where it stems from. I remember BK bragging about having access to the Patriots draft room. Because BK is widely known as the best pee wee football coach in America, he offered his vast knowledge to be a draft guru and OC for the Patriots. Of course Coach B told him to piss off. Embarrassing BK in front of the Patriots brass. Since then… he’s had it in for Coach B. Putting him down whenever possible.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BK wants an apology from Coach B directly pointed to him. And I know where it stems from. I remember BK bragging about having access to the Patriots draft room. Because BK is widely known as the best pee wee football coach in America, he offered his vast knowledge to be a draft guru and OC for the Patriots. Of course Coach B told him to piss off. Embarrassing BK in front of the Patriots brass. Since then… he’s had it in for Coach B. Putting him down whenever possible.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then to add salt to the wound, this happened
1674933043816.png

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comprehension is just find when reading coherent statements .Let me explain in kindergarten English for you. Two people are in a room. One farts. Does the farter need to admit he did it?

Both people know who did it and we all know who's at fault for the 2022 Pats. It's not Patricia for trying to do a job he wasn't qualified to do. It was as BB said it was, BB's responsibility. He knows it, we know it, Kraft knows it. Just like the farter, nobody needs to admit to something when everyone knows who is responsible.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Successful managers always surround themselves with good people. In BB's start with the Patriots he had Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss. Then he had McDaniels, O'Brien and McDaniels again. On Defense after Crennel he had Mangini, then Dean Peas for four years (2006-09. There was no official DC until Patricia took over in 2012 and stayed with it through 2017. Brian Flores took over for one year and went to Miami. The Patriots have not had an official DC since 2019. BB had TB12 as QB until 2019 and too many people attribute the Patriots' success on him. Much of the Patriots' success was actually having top notch coordinators who could work with players and teach as well as coach. Bill's biggest problem over the past couple of years is not just losing Brady, he hasn't surrounded himself with a very good management team.
And the only ones that had success without Bill were Peas and Brady.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BST Friday discussed the internal team problems last night.

The biggest was Matt Patricia as a coach of the offense. He was trying to install a Shanahan type offense but didn't understand it. This is where Kendrick Bourne became a thorn in MP's side. He worked with Shanahan and understood the concepts and would ask MP what the offense would shift to id a defense did something and MP always would say to the entire offense, "We deal with that if it happens." Bourne would press and finally MP put him in the doghouse.

Mac Jones just didn't like Joe Judge the man. Judge was condescending and by the end of September Mac was walking away from Judge. Judge had problems in NE before he took over ST and his personality was a cancer as a HC with the Giants and he refused to listen to Mara. He was fired with three years remaining on his contract.

Internally, MP and JJ were basically free. MP's contract in 2022 iwas paid with the Lions. Judge has two years left on his Giants' contract. Belichick has already said the JJ will be back. He will not be working with the offense, especially Mac. Cam Achord didn't do badly as the ST coach in 2022, until the wheels came off with two kickoff returns for TDs against the Bills. The question is, Can JJ be a ST Coach again after being the HC and Boss in NY. Sure couldn't handle being the QB coach.

They touched on a couple of other things but they quit and kind of left the whole discussion without any attempt to discuss 2023. Pretty odd because usually someone at least tries to input an opinion.

I appreciate your commentary Ken.
Keep it going old man.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of explanation.
This is a true and accurate statement. I have not heard BB tak responsibility for this disaster