• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady had a good but not great supporting staff. Why does a QB take an 5-13 team to a SB and then 2 more in 3 years and win them? Sure he had great D's but as soon, as he is not starting, they are missing the playoffs. Sure we hit on Gronk who was injury prone at AZ and Hernandez who did the injuring himself, but drafted no other offensive weapons. Mac is good imo but with his hissy fits will turn off his team mates, Brady was the leader and inspired everyone, because BB mumbled and dictated
Do you mean 7-9 the year before Brady signed with Tampa Bay??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Super Bowl's does Dungy have without Manning? Hell, how many does he have WITH Manning?

How many Super Bowl's does Shanahan have without Elway?

How many Super Bowls does Parcell's have without Belichick?

Payton without Brees?

Holmgren without Favre?
Reid without Mahommes...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid without Mahommes...

Bingo. And what has Reid done WITH Mahomes? 1 SB victory so far and if I were a gambling man I'd say that record remains for this season as well. McNabb was considered a great QB during his prime. Zero Super Bowls victories for Reid with another great QB.

I'll take BB's 6 and 3 Super Bowl record over constantly being good but not great with QB's in a similar talent realm as TB12.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be, but he's not losing his argument.... and he's not winning it either. You can't win or lose an opinion.

It's ridicules that anyone thinks there's a conspiracy to make BB seem like the GOAT. At times he's pretty much a garden variety asshole. Who wants to defend that? Nobody. Sure there are some blind homers who just want to defend anything that elevates their team loyalties, but I just don't see that type of homer on this board. Seeing mostly the darker shades of gray is not the same as only seeing black and white.
Bill is a great coach - a strong leader.
95% of the players like/respect him, 5% hate him.
He is not trying to win a personality contest!

Now if you want to judge him by the way he treats the media, the media is very lucky I'm not being interviewed.
Bill does not suffer fools.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love the way Bill handles the media. I find it hilarious. The cutoff hoodies are a hoot too.
I like it too. He's had enough of it from people that don't understand the game. I remember when a media person asked him about benching or trading Brady. The look on his face was " You fucking moron"

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soon to be on this list:suds:

Not a bad list. I'm not sure I'd go as high as 10, but Randall Cunningham being destroyed by Buddy Ryan and Jim Kelly playing for the same cursed franchise as Josh Allen, are strong.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soon to be on this list:suds:

I would take Bledsoe over Rivers, Anderson or Testaverde.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Bledsoe over Rivers, Anderson or Testaverde.
A lot of Bledsoe hate but he was close in a SB and helped put training wheels on Brady. He was 2 thumbs up during the transition.

And instrumental as Parcells pick, #1 overall, to get the momentum going, after Kraft put the pieces in place.

Parcells turned the ship around and then brought in Belichick, who did a magnificent job, as with the Giants.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Bledsoe hate but he was close in a SB and helped put training wheels on Brady. He was 2 thumbs up during the transition.

And instrumental as Parcells pick, #1 overall, to get the momentum going, after Kraft put the pieces in place.

Parcells turned the ship around and then brought in Belichick, who did a magnificent job, as with the Giants.
I don't think Bledsoe had any influence over Brady's arc. Bledsoe was, and is a great guy out of the huddle. That was his contribution. Once he got in the huddle he was a bad example. If you watch film of Brady from Michigan you'll see a guy who pretty much looks the same as he does today. Clearly he evolved but the seeds were already there.

There was a time the Bledsoe was the guy you describe, but the warm and fuzzy Pete Carrol approach enabled the "hero" Bledsoe wanted to be and there seemed to be no unchecking that box. Parcel's tough love approach was much better for Bledsoe and by the time BB showed up the damage could not be undone.

I'm not a Bledsoe hater. I loved watching him go from first pick to great QB. I always liked his "Joe cool" act that probably wasn't an act. He just never understood it's a team game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB sending Bledsoe packing for Brady touches on what a great coach he is. He saw something in Brady no one else did.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some interesting info.

My favorite target in free agency, LT Orlando Brown has an anticipated market value in 2023 of $22.5M per year. It's expected that any team wishing to sign him will have to pony up a minimum offer of 5 years/ $115M. The Chiefs are expected to make him a 6 year/ $144M offer.

Here's their problem. They've rewritten Patrick Mahomes contract twice and he's due a $46.5M salary in 2023. They keep re-guaranteeing more money and he's been pocketing huge bonuses that hit the cap but not as severely as his salary. He's got 8 years left on that contract and half of his original $450M was guaranteed. The biggest problem for the Chiefs is that they only have $14.7M of cap space and $2,5M has to be allotted for their first round pick in the draft. Now they have $12.2M. So who do they cut? Rewrite Mahomes contract for a third time? He already counts 21% against the cap and rewriting just puts those dollars at the last three years. If he gets hurt and can't finish, they still have to pay the guarantee and that's a massive cap hit.

I think that the Patriots could offer Brown 5 years/$120M and get him. Then offer McGlinchey 4 years/ $64M and they'd have the most solid OL in the NFL. It would eat up $40M of the $70M cap but whatever was spent after would be gravy. Might even be able to steal a vet center for $6 or $&M.

Mac would have a couple extra seconds to re-read the coverage and make his WRs look like a bunch of #1s.