• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the rest of the receivers in TB do with TB as their QB this year?

Personally, I'd bring him to camp and see if he can make the team. He's likely got a few good plays left in him which is more than our entire 2022 offense had in them.
not true:suds:
hes old and cant stay on the field no thx

1675897832982.png

Attachments

• 1675897772696.png
    1675897772696.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 0

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Chung was not resigned after his rookie contract. He was signed asa free agent by Eagles. He was released after 1 year and was picked up by Patriots.

Ebner was a core special teamer.

Count again, that leaves 5 which I can count on my large hands!
Come at me again with your A game, my friend!:suds:

Yes Chung went to the Eagles. He was drafted by the Pats and he re signed for his second stint with the Pats, which was again extended. After his rookie contract.
Nate Ebner was drafted as a defensive Back and he played Defensive Back at times and he was extended after his rookie contract.

I'll concede Chung is...a technicality.
Ebner stays. No moving the goal posts.

william h macy cheers GIF by Shameless
Counting six on one hand? There are people with six fingers...https://www.sciencealert.com/a-sixth-finger-on-our-hands-would-actually-be-super-useful

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 147

Define "always"
Define "Let slip away"

Not too many DB's Bill drafted went somewhere else and had a great career.
Darius Butler played a good number of years for the Colts. He is the only one I can think of that had more than a modicum of success elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong. BB threw A LOT of DB spaghetti at the wall trying to get something to stick.
I don't think that's his mindset. I think he's sees the talent drop far less than the inflated price DBs get. It actuarial science to him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Lombardi was on BST last night and made a great comment. "Patriots need to shore up the offensive line or they will never improve."

Interesting comparison about the haves and have nots in the NFL.

Every playoff team, with the exception of the 49ers have a top QB and an OL that will protect them.

Middle of the road teams have "decent" QBs but have weak OLs.

Bottom Feeders have poor QBs and the OL doesn't matter.

The more I think about it, the more I see the Patriots as a middle of the road team. What was not mentioned was a very good QB with a good OL or a Very good QB with a weak OL. One can only assume that this comparison felt that there were no "Good" QBs with "Good" OLs.

Would Cousins be considered "good"? He had an excellent OL.
How about Dak?

Pretty thin line.

Then comes the final question. Would Mac be a top QB with an excellent OL? Or would he be just "very good"?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Lombardi was on BST last night and made a great comment. "Patriots need to shore up the offensive line or they will never improve."

Every playoff team, with the exception of the 49ers have a top QB and an OL that will protect them.

The more I think about it, the more I see the Patriots as a middle of the road team. What was not mentioned was a very good QB with a good OL or a Very good QB with a weak OL. One can only assume that this comparison felt that there were no "Good" QBs with "Good" OLs.

How about Dak?

Pretty thin line.

Then comes the final question. Would Mac be a top QB with an excellent OL? Or would he be just "very good"?
Mac will never be a top QB he does not have top QB talent, he will be a lot better and good enough to win with a great line, a new OC and our current defense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about Dak?

Pretty thin line.

With a good Oline and if Bill can keep a defense to take the heat, Mac will be a good Ben Roethlisberger.
He'll surprise you at times, and keep you in the game, but he wont be a Manning/Brady/Mahommes/etc...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Chung went to the Eagles. He was drafted by the Pats and he re signed for his second stint with the Pats, which was again extended. After his rookie contract.
Nate Ebner was drafted as a defensive Back and he played Defensive Back at times and he was extended after his rookie contract.

I'll concede Chung is...a technicality.
Ebner stays. No moving the goal posts.

william h macy cheers GIF by Shameless
Nate Ebner was a Special Teamer - Just like Troy Brown was a Wr who took a few snaps at CB
Don't obfuscate - you are too intelligent and it's not a good look. :suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BST
abbreviation

• 1.bovine somatotropin, especially as a hormone injected in cattle.

Answers: I'll take either and we won't know until he has a good O-line and coaching.

Attachments

• 1675962900282.png
    1675962900282.png
    461 bytes · Views: 0

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Ebner was a Special Teamer - Just like Troy Brown was a Wr who took a few snaps at CB
Don't obfuscate - you are too intelligent and it's not a good look. :suds:
What was his position coming out of college? DB.
Did he sign any new contracts after his rookie contract?

If you wanted special qualifiers you should have stated them earlier.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was his position coming out of college? DB.
Did he sign any new contracts after his rookie contract?

If you wanted special qualifiers you should have stated them earlier.
Nah. He was only on the Patriots as a special teamer.
He had very little experience in college as a Defensive back.
He would not have made the team as a defensive back.
He made the team and lasted as a core special teamer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.nbcboston.com

Curran: Why NFL Films' Greg Cosell Believes Pats Can Win Plenty With Mac Jones

Mac Jones will never be Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen, but as NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell explained to our Tom E. Curran, the Patriots quarterback has several unique traits that should make fans bullish on New England’s future.
www.nbcboston.com
www.nbcboston.com
Saw this interview this morning. These guys are all at the SB in Phoenix. Funny as hell as they're sitting in Radio Row and people are walking behind them and stopping to listen.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year Mac is making about $4.5M with salary and bonus. Next year he make $4.9M.

If BB and BOB decide that he's not the future QB, he becomes a FA in 2025.

If the Patriots pick up his 5th year option, his salary jumps to $25M and that's his cap hit.

Mac pretty much has two seasons to prove he's the horse that will pull the Patriots cart. If the Patriots keep him and franchise him in 2026 it'll cast them about $35M.

Based on his first two years, IMO, the Patriots better start looking for QB who is close or actually ready to challenge Mac and force him to make the leap or fall flat on his face. Right now, he ain't worth $25M.

When we think about the future, we also have to consider the cost. Mahomes is making $46M a year and has been to five straight AFCCG and is 1-1 in the Superbowl. Josh Allen and Joe Burrow will be right there with him and perform well enough to get $40M a year.

I certainly don't want to see the Patriots get themselves into the position where they're looking for a really good QB every other year and spinning the team's wheels looking for one.

I thinik that no less than five QBs will be taken within the first 12 picks of the draft this year. Hopefully Bill doesn't wait until Round 7 to back fill the position.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac will never be a top QB he does not have top QB talent, he will be a lot better and good enough to win with a great line, a new OC and our current defense.
Neither did TB12. I'm not saying Mac is TB12, but nobody was saying TB12 was TB12 after his second season either.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He was only on the Patriots as a special teamer.
He had very little experience in college as a Defensive back.
He would not have made the team as a defensive back.
He made the team and lasted as a core special teamer.
Funny...his draft position says DB and his official title was Safety. You said DB's. You did not exclude DB's that mostly play ST until after I through in a DB that you evidently forgot about. He was drafted to play DB and he did. And he signed contract extensions (Without a hiatus. Another escape clause that wasn't in the fine print...)

During his rookie season, Ebner played in 15 regular-season games and both playoff games, and finished second on the team both in special teams tackles and special teams snaps (297, or 61%).He also played 36 snaps at safety. In two playoff games, he had one tackle. Ebner continued to play primarily on special teams for New England in 2013, playing only sparingly on defense.

course diss GIF

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year Mac is making about $4.5M with salary and bonus. Next year he make $4.9M.

If BB and BOB decide that he's not the future QB, he becomes a FA in 2025.

If the Patriots pick up his 5th year option, his salary jumps to $25M and that's his cap hit.

Mac pretty much has two seasons to prove he's the horse that will pull the Patriots cart. If the Patriots keep him and franchise him in 2026 it'll cast them about $35M.

Based on his first two years, IMO, the Patriots better start looking for QB who is close or actually ready to challenge Mac and force him to make the leap or fall flat on his face. Right now, he ain't worth $25M.

When we think about the future, we also have to consider the cost. Mahomes is making $46M a year and has been to five straight AFCCG and is 1-1 in the Superbowl. Josh Allen and Joe Burrow will be right there with him and perform well enough to get $40M a year.

I certainly don't want to see the Patriots get themselves into the position where they're looking for a really good QB every other year and spinning the team's wheels looking for one.

I thinik that no less than five QBs will be taken within the first 12 picks of the draft this year. Hopefully Bill doesn't wait until Round 7 to back fill the position.
I get it. You don't like Mac. You don't like Belichichick.
You do like Julio Jones - because he is old!
You go through this every year!

Fire them all and get old guys!!!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...his draft position says DB and his official title was Safety. You said DB's. You did not exclude DB's that mostly play ST until after I through in a DB that you evidently forgot about. He was drafted to play DB and he did. And he signed contract extensions (Without a hiatus. Another escape clause that wasn't in the fine print...)

During his rookie season, Ebner played in 15 regular-season games and both playoff games, and finished second on the team both in special teams tackles and special teams snaps (297, or 61%).He also played 36 snaps at safety. In two playoff games, he had one tackle. Ebner continued to play primarily on special teams for New England in 2013, playing only sparingly on defense.

course diss GIF
"Although he had not played football in high school, by year's end he was nevertheless considered the team's best special teams player.[19][20][21] He played only a handful of plays from scrimmage at nickelback as a backup,"

"He was given a football scholarship his senior year, based on his special teams skills."

"Ebner continued to play primarily on special teams for New England in 2013,"

"led the Patriots with 19 special teams tackles, forcing one fumble, through 16 games played. He was named to the 2016 AP All-Pro Second Team at the Special Teamer position;

From his draft profile:
who will be given the opportunity to carve a niche as a special-teams demon.

Sound like Belichick drafted him to play safety?

He is, was and has always been a special teamer!