• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catching Up

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although he had not played football in high school, by year's end he was nevertheless considered the team's best special teams player.[19][20][21] He played only a handful of plays from scrimmage at nickelback as a backup,"

"He was given a football scholarship his senior year, based on his special teams skills."

"Ebner continued to play primarily on special teams for New England in 2013,"

"led the Patriots with 19 special teams tackles, forcing one fumble, through 16 games played. He was named to the 2016 AP All-Pro Second Team at the Special Teamer position;

From his draft profile:
who will be given the opportunity to carve a niche as a special-teams demon.

Sound like Belichick drafted him to play safety?

He is, was and has always been a special teamer!
Yup, yup, yup yup and yuppity yupyupyup...

Was his draft position DB? Yes.
Did he play safety? Yes.
Did he sign extensions? Yes.

AND he was a FANTASTIC Special Teamer!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. You don't like Mac. You don't like Belichichick.
You do like Julio Jones - because he is old!
You go through this every year!

Fire them all and get old guys!!!!!!
Where the hell did I say fire anyone or hire old people.

I gave you some facts about how much Mac earns and what it wi8ll cost to keep him if his option is exercised and further what the franchise cost will be in year 6. If you think he's worth $25M based on his performance so far, so be it.

You love Mac. You love Belichick.
You don't like Julio Joes because he's old. (Compared to me, he's a kid)

Then let's agree to disagree. 8^)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Benzan has been the Patriots official cap guy since the beginning. Both BB and JK have mentioned him in the past and his insight to spending RK's dollars has always been considered. Since Kraft ordered a more inclusive draft group last year and how well it appeared to work, Miguel's spending ideas have merit.

He's not saying that BB should sign every one of these guys, but they should be considered and signing a selected few would be a huge benefit to the team.

Worth the time to read.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Benzan has been the Patriots official cap guy since the beginning. Both BB and JK have mentioned him in the past and his insight to spending RK's dollars has always been considered. Since Kraft ordered a more inclusive draft group last year and how well it appeared to work, Miguel's spending ideas have merit.

He's not saying that BB should sign every one of these guys, but they should be considered and signing a selected few would be a huge benefit to the team.

Worth the time to read.

Maybe for the punter?????

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worth the time to read.

There are a lot of players on that list that make a lot of sense

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worth the time to read.

1st off benzan didnt write the article cam garrity did
garrity just referred to benzans cap figures
Benzan is nothing more than a tweeter who gives his opinion of the pats cap:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all reports, Mac is a daily presence at Gillette. Media is not allowed in the workout areas or the dome. On multiple occasions, Mac and Thorton have been seen entering the dome and have spent a great deal of time inside the dome. One can only assume that they are trying to get themselves better connected than 2022. Neither will answer questions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all reports, Mac is a daily presence at Gillette. Media is not allowed in the workout areas or the dome. On multiple occasions, Mac and Thorton have been seen entering the dome and have spent a great deal of time inside the dome. One can only assume that they are trying to get themselves better connected than 2022. Neither will answer questions.
Make me wonder if BOB is present as well?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make me wonder if BOB is present as well?????
He cannot take part officially until March 15th. Some league rule about coaches interaction during the offseason. I know that he cannot coach or advise during the dead season. He can watch. My guess is that he nods "yes" or "No"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cannot take part officially until March 15th. Some league rule about coaches interaction during the offseason. I know that he cannot coach or advise during the dead season. He can watch. My guess is that he nods "yes" or "No"
Yeah I thought there was some restriction

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

April​

• April 3: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the 2022 regular season can begin offseason workout programs.
The Patriots do not qualify, but two of their 2023 opponents do. The Denver Broncos hired Sean Payton as their new head coach; the Indianapolis Colts hired Shane Steichen.

• April 18: Clubs with returning head coaches can begin offseason workout programs.
With Bill Belichick set to return for a 24th season as New England’s head coach, his team is scheduled to start its offseason workout program that day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke......
Angry Serious GIF