• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox 8/23-8/25

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about the eye test and the stats... I just happen to trust the numbers more than some people's eye

People's eye would tell you that Derek Jeter and Michael Young are Gold Glove SS's

and that Raffy Palmeiro "earned" a GG in 1999

You don't want to trust numbers, thats fine, but bring something to the argument other than what you "saw"
Yes, our eyes deceive us. We are very susceptible to confirmation bias without tracking things.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the geniuses at MLB Tonight and MLB Network would like to tell us some more about our demise because we lost Cruz. Our biggest issue this year has been the number of pitchers on the DL not losing Cruz. That is what we have had to work around. Having Garza and Perez is helped solidify our starting pitching. It all starts with pitching and what the Rangers had to go through the first half of the year was tough.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the geniuses at MLB Tonight and MLB Network would like to tell us some more about our demise because we lost Cruz. Our biggest issue this year has been the number of pitchers on the DL not losing Cruz. That is what we have had to work around. Having Garza and Perez is helped solidify our starting pitching. It all starts with pitching and what the Rangers had to go through the first half of the year was tough.

Uh, No, give them a week or two and they will be spewing about how the Rangers had it all along and you heard it there first!
:laugh3:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back, even a year ago, the Martin Perez of 2012, would've completely melted down before the 3rd inning. He's always been considered a terrific arm, but the flip side was he lost it so quickly emotional and let the game get away from him. The transition from a year ago for a 22 year is nothing short of fantastic! Good for us and congratulations to him!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back, even a year ago, the Martin Perez of 2012, would've completely melted down before the 3rd inning. He's always been considered a terrific arm, but the flip side was he lost it so quickly emotional and let the game get away from him. The transition from a year ago for a 22 year is nothing short of fantastic! Good for us and congratulations to him!

it was interesting to see Maddux talking to him in the dugout between innings telling to relax and deep breath. it seems to have worked

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I sort of liked the simple one too but it seems like most people preferred the blue and some additional images. I could always make any of them in red like that one really fast if anyone wanted to see it. Maybe I should do that.

The blue is nice too, I just like the Red better....much more of a POW, and once again how it rolls from out like the black...and probably partial to more 'simple', I do love the big T in 5

In any-case, I wonder if I could the Red as Wallpaper on my phone and or my screensaver?

Is that legal? lol, it's yours....I don't want to steal it. :noidea:
and, just realized probably the wrong thread for this.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of conversation yesterday regarding giving up Ramirez in the Garza deal. Bottom line for me: If he helps us win our FIRST WS, then so be it. But giving up CJ Edwards, along with Neil and Grimm is A LOT for a rental player!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, maybe Perez ought to be our game 1 pitcher. :D

If we were in the WS and it started today, I'm not so sure my 3 man rotation wouldn't be Darvish/Holland and then Perez!

Interesting quote from him earlier in the season. Said something to the extent that the best thing that ever happened to him was getting hurt at the beginning of the season. He got his head straight while injured and swore he'd never go back to the minors! I believe he's proved himself right!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of conversation yesterday regarding giving up Ramirez in the Garza deal. Bottom line for me: If he helps us win our FIRST WS, then so be it. But giving up CJ Edwards, along with Neil and Grimm is A LOT for a rental player!

I really feel like JD feels certain he'll re-sign Garza if he gave up that much.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were in the WS and it started today, I'm not so sure my 3 man rotation wouldn't be Darvish/Holland and then Perez!

Interesting quote from him earlier in the season. Said something to the extent that the best thing that ever happened to him was getting hurt at the beginning of the season. He got his head straight while injured and swore he'd never go back to the minors! I believe he's proved himself right!

I'd probably still take garza as my #3. Perez would still probably pitch one game.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland is on national tv today.... Good opportunity for you guys to watch and root against them

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like JD feels certain he'll re-sign Garza if he gave up that much.

Grimm they can have and Neil and CJ are still to be determined. I like that JD is willing to play for today and if you listen to them they have for every position who is #1, #2, and so on throughout the system. They have a plan and they know if they have players in the system ready to take their spots.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably still take garza as my #3. Perez would still probably pitch one game.

You don't have 4 pitchers pitch in a 7 game series; at least normally this is true. Nice position for the Rangers to be in, if we can only get there!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimm they can have and Neil and CJ are still to be determined. I like that JD is willing to play for today and if you listen to them they have for every position who is #1, #2, and so on throughout the system. They have a plan and they know if they have players in the system ready to take their spots.

Always important to strike the balance between playing for today and preparing for the future. Texas does a great job of doing that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not questioning JD. Pretty big supporter of him actually. As far as Grimm is concerned, I don't like giving up on a 25 year pitcher. Don't ever think he's going to become a top of the rotation kind of guy. However, he sure helped plug a rather large hole for us this season. And we did give up 2 other promising young arms! Regardless if we resign Garza or not, that's a lot to give up, IMO.